https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2017/5/2/new-jersey-the-poster-child-for-national-reciprocity/

Opponents of Right-to-Carry reciprocity warn of the mayhem they claim would result. But the truth is that what’s going on in New Jersey now is far more disturbing. 

We are once again relegated to Poster Child status but nice to see our plight getting some national press. Most of us are familiar with the context but I'm sure its raising some eyebrows somewhere.

1 hour ago, siderman said:

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2017/5/2/new-jersey-the-poster-child-for-national-reciprocity/

Opponents of Right-to-Carry reciprocity warn of the mayhem they claim would result. But the truth is that what’s going on in New Jersey now is far more disturbing. 

We are once again relegated to Poster Child status but nice to see our plight getting some national press. Most of us are familiar with the context but I'm sure its raising some eyebrows somewhere.

Which is where I think they (NRA) want NJ to stay.....  they need a poster child to keep soliciting $$$...  Thus, no *real* help, but things like this article, which brings them more $$$ support on a national level, but doesn't do a thing about helping NJ specifically.

• Like 7

I like this: "Symbolically this should at least make a politician from New Jersey pause, since it was George Washington who crossed the Delaware River into New Jersey with armed Americans to win the freedom now being taken away by that state."

Maybe we should make shirts with Cory Booker's quotes on them:“Listen to me, the people dying in Chicago, the people dying in Newark are not being done with law-abiding gun owners. We do not need to go after the guns. A law-abiding, mentally stable American, that’s not America’s problem.”

Booker has said that, in his experience when he was the mayor of Newark, N.J.—a city with chronic gang-related murder problems—citizens who legally own guns rarely commit crimes with their firearms.

Make him our poster boy for gun rights and see the mayhem that insues.:p

• Like 1

And having again just read the entire text of H.R.38 (The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017) which is approaching a critical mass of congressional co-sponsors, those of us living here in the PRNJ are still going to be fooked.

This bill will allow all those who can carry in THEIR HOME STATE to carry in NJ, but excludes those of us who have not been able to successfully navigate the process and show "Justifiable Need."

I hope that the passage into law of H.R.38 will cause NJ Legislators to shit their pants daily. After all, how else will they fill their shit sandwiches every day? And with the bills they propose and pass in Trenton, what else could be on their diets??

Which state that has CCW is in mayhem?  Let the opposition give some examples.  BTW, all these complaining libtards have moved to FL where they have CCW.  I should tell  them it's mayhem so they stay the efffff out.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

And having again just read the entire text of H.R.38 (The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017) which is approaching a critical mass of congressional co-sponsors, those of us living here in the PRNJ are still going to be fooked.

This bill will allow all those who can carry in THEIR HOME STATE to carry in NJ, but excludes those of us who have not been able to successfully navigate the process and show "Justifiable Need."

I hope that the passage into law of H.R.38 will cause NJ Legislators to shit their pants daily. After all, how else will they fill their shit sandwiches every day? And with the bills they propose and pass in Trenton, what else could be on their diets??

:slap:

Nope, CCW from any state will be valid every state. Does not have to be from your state of residence.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hairless_Ape said:

:slap:

Nope, CCW from any state will be valid every state. Does not have to be from your state of residence.

Read the text of the bill again.

I know that the congressman promised he would amend it to make a permit from ANY state work in EVERY state, but that's NOT WHAT IS IN PRINT.

• Like 1

It's not my interpretation.

It's the black letter text of H.R.38

Read it. The link is in my first post from earlier today

Here is the applicable portion:

Reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms

“(a) Notwithstanding any provision of the law of any State or political subdivision thereof (except as provided in subsection (b)) and subject only to the requirements of this section, a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person, and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides, may possess or carry a concealed handgun (other than a machinegun or destructive device) that has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce, in any State that—

“(1) has a statute under which residents of the State may apply for a license or permit to carry a concealed firearm; or

“(2) does not prohibit the carrying of concealed firearms by residents of the State for lawful purposes.

Reading the bolded and underlined text I can see where your interpretation differs from mine.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1

A thought-

If this passes, how long do you think states will continue to offer non-resident permits for out of state CCW holders?

The other states will start to shut down those divisions that cost money and manpower that are no longer necessary.

IE: If federal law states my NH permit is good in Nevada, why will Nevada spend money to keep a non-resident CCW division going so NH residents can be issued non-res carry permits for NV?

If we as NJ residents can no longer get out of state carry permits, because free states no longer offer them as there is no need to provide non-res CCW services - since any state residents's CCW license/permit is now accepted nationally, we will be the only people not able to carry in our own state.

2 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

If we as NJ residents can no longer get out of state carry permits because free states don't need to provide non-res CCW, we will be the only people not able to carry in our own state.

And that situation will have every legislator in Trenton shitting his pants.

32 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, who is carrying a valid identification document containing a photograph of the person, and who is carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law of a State and which permits the person to carry a concealed firearm or is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides, may possess or carry a concealed handgun

31 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

The text in blue and the key word or are our saving grace! I believe this text would allow us to carry in the PRNJ with any non resident permit.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Johnny, what state will continue to provide non-resident permits when they don't have to because all the other states resident permits are reciprocal?

What state will fund a department that will be obsolete?

To make money from people like us who live outside the free states, i.e. NJ, NY, MA, CA, ....

Sam I hope you are right. I just don't see it. Bean counters will pick up on that as a quick way to save money and cut budgets. States will have to do a lot of non-res permits, charge a hefty fee per permit, and probably attach a yearly fee to the permit to ensure funding - all to pay for an agency that will oversee the issuing of permits for people that don't even live in their state.

We'll see.

I just worry that national reciprocity will be our worst nightmare in NJ.

3 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Sam I hope you are right. I just don't see it. Bean counters will pick up on that as a quick way to save money and cut budgets. They'll have to do a lot of non-res permits, or charge a hefty fee, to fund an agency that will oversee permits for people that don't even live in their state.

Sounds just like New Hampshire after Scott Bach won his suit against them.

And now look at all the $100 non-resident cards they're selling. No references are checked & no training requirements like some other states. Sounds like the proverbial $100 bill printing press.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Sam I hope you are right. I just don't see it. Bean counters will pick up on that as a quick way to save money and cut budgets. They'll have to do a lot of non-res permits, or charge a hefty fee, to fund an agency that will oversee permits for people that don't even live in their state.

We'll see.

HE, I think they will, It’s now legal to carry a concealed, loaded gun in New Hampshire without a license and they are still issuing non-residents licenses 

5 hours ago, High Exposure said:

We'll see.

Maybe they'll continue but at a much higher cost?

8 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

The text in blue and the key word or are our saving grace! I believe this text would allow us to carry in the PRNJ with any non resident permit.

^^^THIS is the correct, plain text reading.  Emotional folks skip over this "OR" just as fast as "OR locked in the trunk of an automobile"!  The net result is false interpretation & misinformation on a grand scale!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, High Exposure said:

A thought-

If this passes, how long do you think states will continue to offer non-resident permits for out of state CCW holders?

The other states will start to shit down those divisions that cost money and manpower are are no longer necessary.

IE: If federal law states my NH permit is good in Nevada, why will Nevada spend money to keep a non-resident CCW division going?

If we as NJ residents can no longer get out of state carry permits because free states don't need to provide non-res CCW, we will be the only people not able to carry in our own state.

Even if that happens, we then have a case for relief based upon the 4th Amendment:  Equal Protection.  Yes it would have to be heard, but it would be a slam-dunk as 49 states' residents would have more rights than NJ residents.  I don't think the Anti's want that loss in the books, so something else will be used to rock the boat to make case law.  "Separate, but Equal" went the way of the Do-Do Bird :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, High Exposure said:

A thought-

The other states will start to shit down those divisions that cost money and manpower are are no longer necessary.

IE: If federal law states my NH permit is good in Nevada, why will Nevada spend money to keep a non-resident CCW division going?

Freudian Slip???? :D

That's possible, but I think it might take them a while to do that. AZ, for example  has constitutional carry (and doesn't require residents to carry a license/permit)  but still offers non-res permits for out of state people. I have one. :)