This is pretty damn far. I can't even fathom the math that goes into making a shot this long. Them Canadian boys can shoot. Props.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/canadian-elite-special-forces-sniper-sets-record-breaking-kill-shot-in-iraq/article35415651/?ref=https://www.theglobeandmail.com&service=mobile

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bully said:

I'm a firm believer that it's the Indian, not the arrow...

I totally agree.  I see too many guys try to buy there way in to Long Range Precision.

After a good barrel/action/trigger and rifle, ammunition tailoring is the next component.

Now all that being said,  The nut behind the trigger has to be screwed tight.

Lastly, to make these ULTRA Long Range shots, the stars have to be aligned and your jar of Karma full.

And believe me I'm not taking anything away from the skill of the sniper....

But at these distances you don't hear the report right away and don't really know where the shot is coming from, thus the shooter gets multiple attempts to make the shot with his spotter's correcting instructions.

Hat's off to that Canuck.  Quite a job.

I'm sure given the opportunity a Yank could do as well but we have a different MOS.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 4:51 PM, JT Custom Guns said:

I believe the Canadian Snipers typically use .338 Lapua Magnum in a C14 rifle..............

I

On 6/23/2017 at 9:12 PM, Shane45 said:

I believe he was Joking about 6.5. The Caliber was 50BMG.

Thank you Shane. 

Yes, joking. Lots of mythical qualities attributed to the 6.5C. Whaich are patently false btw. It's the 6.5/47L that deserves all the accolades...

Even more significant, that 50 cal round went transonic around half way there AND had the velocity and energy left of a 9mm handgun round, at impact.

For that matter, the round might have been wobbling like a knuckle ball by impact.