Sign in to follow this  
HBecwithFn7

Gov. Christie Pardons two more Vets...

Bearing Arms - Gov. Christie Pardons two veterans from firearms convictions....

These two are:    1) Michael A. Golden, 68,   and   2) James Michael Thaddeus Pedersen, 42.

The article goes on to mention that Christie could do more by "attempting to get NJ's Draconian laws changed..."     Sounds like the article's writer never met the NJ legislature...  :facepalm:

7 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

I'm glad he's still keeping this pledge even after his federal office hopes were dashed. 

I'm wondering if he's thinking.... "Maybe there is still a place for me in the Trump administration...."   :D

48 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

I'm wondering if he's thinking.... "Maybe there is still a place for me in the Trump administration...."   :D

Without a doubt he still has to have federal aspirations.   I can't imagine his preference would be sports talk radio on WFAN.  

36 minutes ago, EX Carnival man said:

A pardon is the fastest way to make the problem go away and take the spotlight of of NJ's unconstitutional gun laws.  If you have many political victims in jail it shines a light on the problem.   

That is a valid point. But if you were about to become Bubba's new girlfriend, you would take the pardon too.

Although not the answer to our problem, the pardons are a good thing overall.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

That is a valid point. But if you were about to become Bubba's new girlfriend, you would take the pardon too.

The only ones that can solve our problem, are ourselves.

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I would take the pardon too. I wouldn't want to be locked up in a building for years. I don't think Bubba would be a problem. Not that I'm any tougher than any other 210 lb  53 year old guy but I'm no Brad Pitt, and I have a skinny azz, He'd find a much easier, better looking mark with a new younger guy with no grey hair. ( I hope) LOL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I disagree. We'll, not the first sentence, but I can't agree with the second sentence. Christie is making HIS problem go away, but in doing so it makes our problem more permanent. Each pardon is one less reason it fix the real problem, I mean, the laws don't need to be changed if the "law-abiding gun owners who just made a mistake" are getting pardoned, right? We need to get a long list of "law-abiding gun owners" who are sitting in cells and make a stink about the screwed up laws that put them there.

We need to get a long list of "law-abiding gun owners" who are sitting in cells and make a stink about the screwed up laws that put them there.

Again. would you want to be on that list? Easy to volunteer other "law-abiding gun owners" to serve as examples for our cause.

I suspect there are already a number of them (us) there, I just want to find a way to compile the list. I don't believe for a second that the 2 or 3 people Crisco pardons each year are the only ones incarcerated. Back when Shanene Allen was in the news there was a story in my local paper about a truck driver from Texas who was arrested under similar (enough) circumstances, I haven't been able to find anything about it since then. My guess is that he's in a cell somewhere, page 5 of a 12 page monthly doesn't get you a pardon.