JD1037

Is this broken? Beretta PX4 storm

Oh no... that's a big crack... [emoji15]

It's on all PX4s and 92s/96s. Relief cut, as mentioned. Checked to see if I had a shot of my PX4 that included it, but never had one of that angle. Too lazy to pull it out of the safe either.

I got lucky seeing that on BerettaForum early on... prior to noticing the cut. [emoji41]

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Oh no... that's a big crack... emoji15.png

It's on all PX4s and 92s/96s. Relief cut, as mentioned. Checked to see if I had a shot of my PX4 that included it, but never had one of that angle. Too lazy to pull it out of the safe either.

I got lucky seeing that on BerettaForum early on... prior to noticing the cut. emoji41.png

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

Lmao! Thanks for the info.

ps your safety is off:D

Lmao! Thanks for the info.

ps your safety is off[emoji3]

No problem...

Yea, damn thing keeps flipping off. Must be broken. [emoji6] I also got this new safety for my Inox Brigadier... said it was made for real Gs, so figured I'm gangster after buying it. Safety worked fine when I was a nerd, but not anymore since I became so fly... [emoji41]

Seriously, I was big on BerettaForum for years prior to finding NJGF, so if I see a Beretta thread, I likely will poke my head in. Lots of random crap rolling around in my head, but sometimes can find some useful Beretta info. It's one platform I grew up on.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Screwball said:

No problem...

Yea, damn thing keeps flipping off. Must be broken. emoji6.png I also got this new safety for my Inox Brigadier... said it was made for real Gs, so figured I'm gangster after buying it. Safety worked fine when I was a nerd, but not anymore since I became so fly... emoji41.png

Seriously, I was big on BerettaForum for years prior to finding NJGF, so if I see a Beretta thread, I likely will poke my head in. Lots of random crap rolling around in my head, but sometimes can find some useful Beretta info. It's one platform I grew up on.

Put in decocker only?

MrsZ " software " not ready for that yet.

do you have the CX4 as well?

Does a bear crap in the woods?

IMG_0484.jpg

Swap it over to take either the 92 or PX4 magazines. Think the only difference in that picture is that I had the bolt plated.

Put in decocker only?
MrsZ " software " not ready for that yet.

Yep...

Had two PX4s. The .45 was my first, which I tossed in the Stealth controls when I had CCR refinish it (converts to G due to profile of the levers). Traded that off when I got my Glock 30S.

The 9mm came converted to G. Picked it up used from one of the moderators on BerettaForum. Had CCR match it to my .45, as well as added an extended barrel. Still have that one.

The Brigadier, converted myself when the kit came out. Was one of the first people to order... patients definitely helped there, along with gun oil.

Decocker only is a nice thing, but definitely need to be comfortable with it. Having the PX4s, as well as a 96G Centurion slide, it was a given to convert the last slide over. Also prefer the SIG decocker on my P228. I just got tired of confirming the safety was off each time I brought the Brigadier up (still sweep my thumb from time to time).

Only gun I have with a slide safety/decocker is my S&W 1006.
  • Like 2

[mention=4929]Screwball[/mention] - stock trigger or sierra papa?

SierraPapa... kept it stock for some time, then figured I'd try it out.

While the stock trigger sucks, it does work. I've taken a lot of heat for not going with the acceptance for the SP trigger kit.

It is nice, but also expensive. When I mention it isn't necessary, SP kind of gave me the cold shoulder in posts on BerettaForum. It is night and day from the stock trigger, and made that very clear, but my groups didn't tighten up directly due to the upgrade.

The recoil assembly... that is definitely an important upgrade, as if you take the gun down with the hammer down, you can break the buffer and/or guide rod. If that occurs, the gun doesn't work. Have no problem recommending that, but I cannot call the SP trigger kit a necessary upgrade. Who would have figured it would give a Tavor trigger a run for its money (have the Geissele pack and trigger bow in it now [emoji6]).

My gun was probably in the first group imported (under 750 serial number). Very happy with it, being a reliable design... but I like a few different pistol caliber carbines.