High Exposure

FBI Report on the Baseball Practice Shooting in VA

Try not to vomit when you read this. 

The FBI admits that Hodgkinson:

• raged against Republicans in online forums *note to some of our more aggressive posters: these things do come up during investigations*

• had a piece of paper bearing the names of six members of Congress

• was reported for doing target practice outside his home in recent months before moving to Alexandria,

• had mapped out a trip to the DC area,

• took multiple photos of the baseball field he would later shoot up, three days after the New York Times mentioned that Republicans practiced baseball at an Alexandria baseball field with little security,

• lived out of his van at the YMCA directly next door to the baseball field he shot up,

• legally purchased a rifle in March 2003 and 9 mm handgun “in November 2016,”

• modified the rifle at some point to accept a detachable magazine and replaced the original stock with a stock

• rented a storage facility to hide hundreds of rounds of ammunition and additional rifle components,

• asked “Is this the Republican or Democrat baseball team?” before firing on the Republicans,

• ran a Google search for information on the “2017 Republican Convention” hours before the shooting,

• and took photos at high-profile Washington locations, including the east front plaza of the U.S. Capitol and the Dirksen Senate Office.

• We know from other reporting that the list was of six Republican Freedom Caucus members, including Rep. Mo Brooks, who was present at the practice.

So what does the FBI decide this information means? Well, the takeaway of the briefing was characterized well by the Associated Press headline about it: “FBI: Gunman who shot congressman had no target in mind.” The Associated Press reported the FBI:

• believes the gunman “had no concrete plan to inflict violence” against Republicans,

• “had not yet clarified who, if anyone, he planned to target, or why,”

• believes he may have just “happened upon” the baseball game the morning of June 14, and that the attack appeared “spontaneous,”

• are unclear on the “context” of Hodgkinson’s note with six names of members of Congress,

• does not believe that photographs of the baseball field or other sites “represented surveillance of intended targets,” and

• “painted a picture of a down-on-his-luck man with few future prospects.”

In fact, USA Today went with “FBI offers portrait of troubled Alexandria shooter with ‘anger management problem’” for their headline, since that’s what the FBI emphasized in the briefing.

Unreal.....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Try not to vomit when you read this. 

The FBI admits that Hodgkinson:

• raged against Republicans in online forums *note to some of our more aggressive posters: these things do come up during investigations*

• had a piece of paper bearing the names of six members of Congress

• was reported for doing target practice outside his home in recent months before moving to Alexandria,

• had mapped out a trip to the DC area,

• took multiple photos of the baseball field he would later shoot up, three days after the New York Times mentioned that Republicans practiced baseball at an Alexandria baseball field with little security,

• lived out of his van at the YMCA directly next door to the baseball field he shot up,

• legally purchased a rifle in March 2003 and 9 mm handgun “in November 2016,”

• modified the rifle at some point to accept a detachable magazine and replaced the original stock with a stock

• rented a storage facility to hide hundreds of rounds of ammunition and additional rifle components,

• asked “Is this the Republican or Democrat baseball team?” before firing on the Republicans,

• ran a Google search for information on the “2017 Republican Convention” hours before the shooting,

• and took photos at high-profile Washington locations, including the east front plaza of the U.S. Capitol and the Dirksen Senate Office.

• We know from other reporting that the list was of six Republican Freedom Caucus members, including Rep. Mo Brooks, who was present at the practice.

So what does the FBI decide this information means? Well, the takeaway of the briefing was characterized well by the Associated Press headline about it: “FBI: Gunman who shot congressman had no target in mind.” The Associated Press reported the FBI:

• believes the gunman “had no concrete plan to inflict violence” against Republicans,

• “had not yet clarified who, if anyone, he planned to target, or why,”

• believes he may have just “happened upon” the baseball game the morning of June 14, and that the attack appeared “spontaneous,”

• are unclear on the “context” of Hodgkinson’s note with six names of members of Congress,

• does not believe that photographs of the baseball field or other sites “represented surveillance of intended targets,” and

• “painted a picture of a down-on-his-luck man with few future prospects.”

In fact, USA Today went with “FBI offers portrait of troubled Alexandria shooter with ‘anger management problem’” for their headline, since that’s what the FBI emphasized in the briefing.

Unreal.....

Spin to quell?

Un-Effing Real! This country is titz up. Hopefully pulling the plug and reaming out the drain so the fatter heads will fit through, would make the draining faster.

Note to one's self. Monday, Contact Trump's office to recommend and assign a Drain Widening Task Force (DWTF), to expedite the flow with less clogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why, though? 

Why would the FBI spin this and his motive. Put it into context with the #Huntrepublicans crowd and the dem operative that just got caught saying "I’m glad he got shot” and “I wish he was f–king dead.” about Scalise...

Are they trying to normalize violence against conservatives? It just seems awfully contrived even for the FBI. 

• Like 1

I think it was more like the take away. FBI posted timeline and media decided to twist it anyway. Imho of course. No surprise there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Walt of Destiny said:

Why, though? 

Why would the FBI spin this and his motive. Put it into context with the #Huntrepublicans crowd and the dem operative that just got caught saying "I’m glad he got shot” and “I wish he was f–king dead.” about Scalise...

Are they trying to normalize violence against conservatives? It just seems awfully contrived even for the FBI. 

Would it be better to say" our investigation led us to the conclusion there are more like him. And, we are on the brink of civil war. "?

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Would it be better to say" our investigation led us to the conclusion there are more like him. And, we are on the brink of civil war. "?

It would be best to say something akin to:

"since we haven't seen violence pantomimed by the right through media and/or so called art, we have to conclude that the liberals and the complicit media/Hollywood complex have incited this criminal by the selective application of 1st amendment freedom of speech rights. Further the hypocrisy of allowing "art" and speech that is clearly seditious, they will be considered accomplices to this crime."

OH MY GOD...

If I was a public figure, and said that, the outcry would be deafening. 

But Pelosi condemned the attacks! They would cry.  Anyone else see a parallel to the tactics of jihadists in this? 

#HuntRepulicans = #AllEyesonISIS or #CalamityWillBefallUS

before the flames of it's not the same, I tell you it's the same play book. 

Civil War? Odds are against it. Noting is impossible. But you have to hope for the best. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Walt of Destiny said:

It would be best to say something akin to:

"since we haven't seen violence pantomimed by the right through media and/or so called art, we have to conclude that the liberals and the complicit media/Hollywood complex have incited this criminal by the selective application of 1st amendment freedom of speech rights. Further the hypocrisy of allowing "art" and speech that is clearly seditious, they will be considered accomplices to this crime."

OH MY GOD...

If I was a public figure, and said that, the outcry would be deafening. 

But Pelosi condemned the attacks! They would cry.  Anyone else see a parallel to the tactics of jihadists in this? 

#HuntRepulicans = #AllEyesonISIS or #CalamityWillBefallUS

before the flames of it's not the same, I tell you it's the same play book. 

Civil War? Odds are against it. Noting is impossible. But you have to hope for the best. 

At least once a day I hear; " I have never seen this country so divided "...

I jus truly find it hard to believe the FBI is wrought with idiots

11 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Unreal.....

As I get older, it gets increasingly hard to surprise me. But this actually shocks me. Am I so naïve that I expect better from the FBI than we might get, for instance, from HuffPo? These agents are supposed to be dedicated to protecting this country. They're also supposed to be at least reasonably intelligent - it's an elite law enforcement agency for god's sakes! So, how did they add up all of those facts and NOT see a highly intentional act? The fact that the guy had anger mgmt issues (which is probably true) doesn't negate the purposeful nature of all the steps he took prior to the attack.

Honestly, I'm just totally flummoxed by this. I can see why some people get all tinfoil hattish - because stuff like this makes no damn sense. My conclusion is: either the FBI is loaded to the rafters with drooling idiots (like Zeke, I find that hard to believe), or... the FBI's leadership is as corrupt, politicized and manipulative as the day is long and they're spinning this story bigtime. Either is a big concern!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I can see why some people get all tinfoil hattish

Recently came upon this: "Paranoid is a person who knows much more than you do."
Back to the OP - I didn't know that NYT played such a sinister role.  They certainly knew what they're doing.  Not that I expect FBI to do anything about that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zeke said:

Oddly, on point

Yes. We've all said this. Yet the media keeps chugging along. 

THIS insult to our intelligence will reach a bursting point like a putrid puss-filled pimple. 

How long will marginally functional people continue to be flummoxed by the media's ledgermain? I think they have over played their hand yet again.