Sign in to follow this  
SIGMan Freud

Quinton Sportsman's Club for Clays

With so many registered shoots going on, I thought I'd try a new range in South Jersey and visited Quinton in Salem County and have since gone back.

It's a nice facility overall, offering Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays and 5-Stand. I've been there twice for Trap and Sporting Clays and both were busy, but not crowded. On the Trap field, the shooters were pretty laid back and friendly and the woman, Lisa, who was running the show was super helpful. I went with my son and both being new to Trap, I appreciated the advice from the guys just hanging out. It's the kind of place that gets a lot of regulars and they sit around and chew the fat and, when there's enough for a squad, or when Lisa is trying to fill a squad, someone will get up and join. You know there are regulars when a shooter goes down into the trap house to check on the trap or set it up for doubles. It was a pretty good mix of people, yeah, plenty of middle-aged and elderly men, but a few women and juniors as well.  It was a very comfortable place to shoot and I recommend it, though it is a haul (for me) being so far south. 

They only have one Sporting Clay course as far as I know and it's nicely laid out in the woods along winding, stoned paths. We found the presentations fairly hard - definitely more difficult than the Woods course at Cedar Creek, for example. Lots of longer distance targets. 

I don't shoot skeet but they have a couple of skeet ranges that look to be in good condition. I've not seen anyone on the skeet range either time I've been there.

Prices per round weren't bad - $30 for 100 Sporting Clays and $5 for a round of Trap (non-member prices). Clubhouses are nice. No ammo for sale.