223lover

Anyone use Caspian?

I have a friend that buys all the exact parts he needs from Caspian. He has the frame shipped to the FFL, Then has the parts fitted by a gunsmith. So basically he gets a custom built .45 with all the bells and whistles exactly the way he wants for about the price of Kimber. I've been on this forum for awhile now and really never have seen anybody write about Caspian, good or bad. What say ye all?

I've done caspian and fusion firearms--I've gotten help with both.   They're Really nice quality.  In fact, if you wants to blow lots of dough, caspian does Damascus steel parts.  I have a fusion 2011 that'll I'll start this winter.  

I have a 1911 built on a Caspian frame and slide, and the rest of the pistol is a mix of different manufacturers.  Caspian will fit the Slide to the frame, but that is as far as they go (they do not build pistols).  Caspian is a great company and is very easy to deal with.

I sent the frame / slide and rest of the parts to Defensive Creations and he built the pistol for me.  Dave does great work, he was honest and accurate with the time frame for when to send the parts to him, to when the pistol was completed.

Caspian%20Diamond%20tread.jpg

With that being said, you could dump a whole lot of money buying the best parts to build a 1911, but it all comes down to the smith who fits the parts and finishes the gun.  You're either gonna have a pistol that runs like a top, or a $2000 paperweight.

• Like 1