TrentonShooter

Local stores with AR part ?

Can ya let me know of local NJ shops, specially in  eastern/central or PA area, that sell lots of AR15 parts. Need to find ar barrel and gas system for a good price and don't want to wait for it to be shipped plus I love buying local but I don't have too many choice where I live. 

That's a common problem. I've all but given up trying to get lgs to carry even basic parts that could be needed due to a failure. Spring kits, bolts LPKs etc. Only stocks seem to be around. 

From their perspective however, it's an almost infinite number of combos, choices, that's a lot of money tied up on castle nuts, fore grips  and gas tubes. Throw in Pic, keymod or M-lok and you're up to your neck in inventory. 

17 minutes ago, Jfoster99 said:

Amazon Prime items ship 2nd day or next day for free...

Yeah if I can't find anything local Online will have to work. Like T bill said online prices are hard to beat. Just would like see if I can find around me before I have to stuff shipped to me.

Look at it this way, most LGS do not have evening hours but one day a week.  I ordered parts last Monday online, shipped Wednesday arrived Friday.  Cabelas order on the weekend, processed Monday, ship Tuesday, here Thursday if coming from Triadelphia, WV distribution Center.

3 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

It's not exactly local to you, but at least it's a straight shot across 195.  Howell Gun Works has a respectable inventory of AR parts.  HGW is about 30 minutes from me and it's always worth the trip.

Not too far from me either I'll check them out thanks

On 6/26/2017 at 0:46 PM, Scorpio64 said:

It's not exactly local to you, but at least it's a straight shot across 195.  Howell Gun Works has a respectable inventory of AR parts.  HGW is about 30 minutes from me and it's always worth the trip.

Depends on what you need. For AR accessories, HGW has a nice selection. Lower parts kits, they've usually got a few in stock. Individual parts...I needed a roll pin for my trigger guard a few months back. Wound up going online. I don't blame them, of course. Stocking every little part for an AR takes money and space, and individual parts are probably not something that will turn over quickly. It certainly isn't profitable for them. 

Howell gun works has the biggest stock of ar parts that I've seen in a local store, an they do stock every single little part, they have bins with every spring, pin, detent in it....