silverado427

photo bucket

I use the PB app on my iPhone. No ads or pop-ups - one small banner at the bottom that is unobtrusive and easy to ignore. I haven't had any issues that weren't user created.

I had an issue posting here after the last update. I researched it a bit. Turned out to be my selected Photobucket preferences. Went into settings, clicked a box, and everything works fine....

I had a ton of issues using PB on my laptop.  Not sure what the cause is as I'm not very computer/IT savy, but it looked like my computer was going to crash at times after a few minutes of trying to load images in my album.  Pages just didn't want to load and had a ton of advertisements pop up out at random times.

The PB app I have my phone works fine as you said HE, but that was the only thing that worked.

IMGUR is much faster IMO and easier to use.

5 minutes ago, fatty said:

I had a ton of issues using PB on my laptop.  Not sure what the cause is as I'm not very computer/IT savy, but it looked like my computer was going to crash at times after a few minutes of trying to load images in my album.  Pages just didn't want to load and had a ton of advertisements pop up out at random times.

Photobucket did this to themselves a few years ago - in the past year or so it got 100x worse.  

Just now, fatty said:

I never understood why certain companies did that to themselves.  You make it difficult for your user and they leave... it's a rather simple idea...

People started using Imgur over Photobucket, so PB started losing ad revenue and users... so what do they do?  Pump their pages full of ads to keep their revenue stream up.

Photobucket's gonna fold eventually - I just know it.

I went into my photo bucket account and eliminated my email address -- got tired of 2 or 3 a day adds from them and clicking the unsubscribe did nothing -- I must have unsubscribed 30+ times...

I still have an account, rarely log in

51 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Read the Terms of Service thant went into effect on 7/28/17. PB wants $400 a year to allow you to post photos to 3rd party sites such as forums.

So whats going to happen on 7/28..?... I assume they will just kill the links to the 3rd party postings...... but our PB should still work fine for storage.......

In the App, click the Camera button on the bottom center.  Select the picture(s) you want to post, then click Next.  To make your photos private, click the menu where it says "Public" under Post Title and click "Only me", then click "Upload".  It'll ask if you want to view your post - you can, or click the Silhouette icon in the bottom right (person icon) and it will show your posts (uploads).  Click on those - then LONG Press on the picture and you will be able to copy the link (Share direct link).  Then I use "copy to Clipboard" from the options and paste the URL into the forum post I'm writing.

X6lAcHW.pngWQHQt95.png

cxUFDdx.png

I just swapped over to Imgur...

Couldn't download certain images off the Photobucket app, so downloaded everything on my laptop, then uploaded them to Imgur from there. iPhone app isn't as easy to use compared to Photobucket, but glad that I'm done with Photobucket. I had 175ish pictures to download... unbelievable how many ads I had to close out of due to their website.

Left my account on Photobucket, in case they change their minds and allow my older picture post to stay live... but I won't be using them again.

So what was the consensus here --  All my photo bucket links are gone too

not sure what they call a commercial user but I had less than 100 photos linked to websites

Screw photobucket -- What works best on a PC --  I don't give a flying truck about how it works on a mobile device