njJoniGuy

And another NJ range suffers a suicide by a patron

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2017/06/target_shooter_kills_himself_at_gun_range_police_s.html

Man kills himself at indoor gun range, police say.

West Deptford Twp. -- Authorities are investigating an apparent suicide at an indoor gun range this afternoon.

A Pennsylvania man shot himself to death at Hague's Indoor Range on Wednesday afternoon, police said.

The man was shooting targets in the range shortly after 2PM when he turned the gun on himself, West Deptford Police Chief Sam DiSimone said.

Other shooters were in the range at the time but no injuries were reported.

Police are working to locate the man's family

----------------------------------------------------------------

A real tragedy for the entire NJ shooting community imho.

I used to be a member at Eagle Eye, then it became Hague's back around 2004

In those days, they would rent range time to anyone who had:

1 - the means to pay the charges for range time, gun rental, ammo purchase and targets

and

2- a drivers license to leave at the counter

It got a little scary when 'the boys in the hood' would come in on Friday night, hold their Glocks sideways and blast away.

Their goal (imho) - have some fun and get a dated receipt that would explain all the gunshot residue on their hands.

Sorta like carte blanche for a weekend of mayhem in the hood.

4 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2017/06/target_shooter_kills_himself_at_gun_range_police_s.html

Man kills himself at indoor gun range, police say.

West Deptford Twp. -- Authorities are investigating an apparent suicide at an indoor gun range this afternoon.

A Pennsylvania man shot himself to death at Hague's Indoor Range on Wednesday afternoon, police said.

The man was shooting targets in the range shortly after 2PM when he turned the gun on himself, West Deptford Police Chief Sam DiSimone said.

Other shooters were in the range at the time but no injuries were reported.

Police are working to locate the man's family

----------------------------------------------------------------

A real tragedy for the entire NJ shooting community imho.

I used to be a member at Eagle Eye, then it became Hague's back around 2004

In those days, they would rent range time to anyone who had:

1 - the means to pay the charges for range time, gun rental, ammo purchase and targets

and

2- a drivers license to leave at the counter

It got a little scary when 'the boys in the hood' would come in on Friday night, hold their Glocks sideways and blast away.

Their goal (imho) - have some fun and get a dated receipt that would explain all the gunshot residue on their hands.

Sorta like carte blanche for a weekend of mayhem in the hood.

+ the boys would get their ammo. Buy 4 boxes to shoot, 2 boxes go in the pocket!

That's a shame! I feel sorry for the patrons that had to witness that and the family and friends of the dead guy.

I buy all my Sigs from there but I have no desire to ever use their range again.

It was different when it first opened and I was a member. Never again.

That's a shame! I feel sorry for the patrons that had to witness that and the family and friends of the dead guy.
I buy all my Sigs from there but I have no desire to ever use their range again.
It was different when it first opened and I was a member. Never again.

They do have the lowest prices on sigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is yet another reason why we need to shut down the GWB and NJ Transit, there is no way to prevent people using these two transport modes without having them used for Suicide - so we must shut them down.  Just sayin ;)

On 6/30/2017 at 9:03 AM, Howard said:

This is yet another reason why we need to shut down the GWB and NJ Transit, there is no way to prevent people using these two transport modes without having them used for Suicide - so we must shut them down.  Just sayin ;)

I used to take NJT trains for more than a few years.  Yes, witnessed a few disruptions because of the suicides.

I like that place, and the guys that work there. I have spent quite a few bucks there on SIGs, and I got a rifle there on Black Friday that was priced really nice. I never used the range though. Hopefully they can get past this easily. Really hard to prevent these types of things, without limiting individuals from being able to try out firearms freely.