Mrs. Peel

Brace yourselves! Article: Minn. woman fatally shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt

This act was so stupid, so idiotic, so thoroughly reckless... that it actually hurts my head. Read it and weep:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/minn-woman-fatally-shoots-boyfriend-in-youtube-stunt/ar-BBDr77s?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp 

Here are all the ways this makes me sad & angry:

• This couple not only ignored ALL basic safety rules - they purposefully defied them, knowing it was dangerous - all for a stupid click-bait video stunt. :facepalm:
  • They pulled this crap after bringing children into the world. It would always be stupid, of course --- but somehow that's extra bad. I think the rule is: once you're parents, kindly grow the f' up! It's not just about you anymore.
  • A guy is dead. A woman is likely going to prison. 1 kid and another one on the way are essentially orphaned. (1 life lost, 3 destroyed... all of it entirely avoidable).
  • YouTube is outta control. Don't get me wrong, I love the service myself. Great source of info. But it brings out the STUPID in people in this social media age, often with disastrous results.
  • And here's the kicker: the media gleefully clutches onto any "stupid gun owner" story. So yes, these idiots DO reflect on ALL gun owners in the eyes of the public, like it or not

I DID NOT POST THIS IN THE 1A LOUNGE - reply accordingly.

They used a .50 AE Desert Eagle.  Seriously?  Apparently they tested the penetration... but c'mon - did they research body armor or even google "Desert Eagle Phone Book"?  First result that comes up is a DE .50 shooting through more than 1 phone book.

Box of Truth tested this too with other guns... 9mm FMJ penetrates through 7" of Phone book!  https://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-31-the-books-o-truth/

These 2 had no brains - of course the girl (who's 19) was knocked up by the now deceased boyfriend at 15... so yeah there's a lot of brains there...