Sign in to follow this  
bhunted

Tavor 7

Yesterday we posted a "teaser" on our new TAVOR 7 and your response has been huge!

Many of you have asked several questions about this new model. We will attempt to answer some of them here:

Specifications:

• Caliber: 7.62 NATO/.308 Win

• Barrel: CHF/CL 1:12 twist with a 16" barrel; 1:10 with 18" barrel

• OAL: 26.75" with 16" barrel (without flash suppressor)

• Weight: 8.6 Lbs.

• Optional calibers & Conversion Kits: TBD

• Colors: Black, FDE and OD Green

Features (muzzle to butt):

• Muzzle threads: 5/8 x 24

• 4 position variable gas regulator (including off)

• Upper forend: 2 MLOK slots at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock

• Lower forend: Removable SAR styled forend cover that exposes one integral pic rail at 6 o'clock when removed.

• Charging handle lockable in open position, similar to an MP5.

• Full length one piece Picatinny (Mil-Spec) top rail with integral folding BUIS; Tritium front post.

• Cutlass style grip modifiable to pistol grip with traditional trigger guard; same as X95.

• Short stroke gas piston (unlike our long stroke SAR and X95).

• Uses LR/SR25 magazines and comes with one 20-round Magpul PMAG with window (in states without capacity restrictions; 10 round for restricted states).

• Bolt release is Tavor SAR style along centerline or release from MP5 style charging handle

• Fire control group is not interchangeable with SAR or X95.

Ambidextrous Features:

• Ambidextrous bolt; no opposite hand bolt needed for conversion to opposite hand operation. No need to return the gun to IWI US for opposite hand conversion and head space checking.

• Ambidextrous (all the time) magazine release position like our X95, similar to an AR-15.

• Ambidextrous charging handle with push through receiver functionality. No need for tools or any disassembly.

• Ambidextrous (all the time) safety selector with a 45 degree rotation (unlike 90 degrees on our SAR and X95).

• Ambidextrous (all the time) bolt release behind magazine; similar to the Tavor SAR.

• Ejection port covers are user configurable in the field with a simple slide of the case deflector.

Launch Date: First shipments projected to start in January, 2018.

Price: TBD

0c3bafc1823021ac3b9622c795528c43.jpg

9b223a58a52e8a27c6dd2372cd7c7760.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Little more info please. Does that mean they finally released the 7.62 version? 

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ya did read it, correct? [emoji848][emoji3]

ah dammit I wish my SAR had the lockable charging handle feature!!

Not sure if that is a definite...

I posted this on Bullpup Forum, but the angle of the cut doesn't look like a lock. It actually reminds me of having the charging handle swap like an ARX. The large amount of the hole looks like it allows the charging handle to pass through.

You added the words after the pictures.

No, they were there as a big snapshot. All you had to do is click on it.

I added real text 5 mins later when I got to my desk. It was either that or none at all, just photos. Then I would got yelled at for that.[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if that is a definite...

I posted this on Bullpup Forum, but the angle of the cut doesn't look like a lock. It actually reminds me of having the charging handle swap like an ARX. The large amount of the hole looks like it allows the charging handle to pass through.

This info is direct from IWI US....

If they want to hit sales in Jan/2018, it better be accurate. We shall see. Crossing fingers.

I didn't click the pics. That explains my question. Too new for my liking. In 40 years I will buy one. Is pretty cool though.

In 40 years I'll be dead. Hell I predict 20 or less and I want one in OD this time. [emoji6]

Steve! Ya hear me bro? [emoji16]

I've been thinking about picking up an RFB to fill the 308 gap but it looks like I'm waiting for this now

Ugh I want an RFB so bad. I talked to the rep in Georgia and he was like yeaaaaaahhhhh not any time soon.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Purple Patrick said:

Ugh I want an RFB so bad. I talked to the rep in Georgia and he was like yeaaaaaahhhhh not any time soon.....

I don't want to hijack this thread but, if you really want an RFB, Howell Gun Works has (or at least had) a olive drab model available when I was there over Father's Day weekend. It's a sweet gun and I kind of regret not buying it, I just wish that Kel-Tec had not decided to use metric FAL mags for it.

I don't want to hijack this thread but, if you really want an RFB, Howell Gun Works has (or at least had) a olive drab model available when I was there over Father's Day weekend. It's a sweet gun and I kind of regret not buying it, I just wish that Kel-Tec had not decided to use metric FAL mags for it.

Survival or regular?

Are the pictures of the Tavor 7 the actual final design? I kind of wish that they used the rearward mag release from the SAR rather than the forward mag release of the X95. I've always thought that the placement on the SAR was the better. Maybe I just have weird hands but I'm always kind of fumbling for the release on the X95, on the SAR, it's much easier to just give the release a good bump with the back of my thumb

Are the pictures of the Tavor 7 the actual final design? I kind of wish that they used the rearward mag release from the SAR rather than the forward mag release of the X95. I've always thought that the placement on the SAR was the better. Maybe I just have weird hands but I'm always kind of fumbling for the release on the X95, on the SAR, it's much easier to just give the release a good bump with the back of my thumb

Supposedly. But they all complained about the orig mag release and wanted something close to the AR design. Can't please everyone. [emoji3]

Supposedly. But they all complained about the orig mag release and wanted something close to the AR design. Can't please everyone. [emoji3]

I guess that I'm just one of those freaks that likes the original mag release design better. I'd be super happy if they used the X95 charging handle and the SAR mag and bolt release

On 6/29/2017 at 2:00 PM, capt14k said:

Little more info please. Does that mean they finally released the 7.62 version?

Jan of 18 target.  If it's like Desert Tech that means Jan of 2046.