High Exposure

Czech Republic gets a "2nd Amendment"!

Good for them.

Czech legislature passed a law giving its citizens the constitutional rights to bear arms.  The stated reasoning is to defend the country against terrorism.

The EU claims ther stricter laws overrule what the country wants to do.

Fuck the EU.

http://dailycallerDOTcom/2017/06/29/czech-republic-votes-to-put-gun-rights-in-constitution-in-response-to-terrorism/

Czech Republic Plans To Combat Terrorism By Arming Its Citizens

JACOB BOJESSON - Foreign Correspondent

The lower house of the Czech parliament voted to put gun owners’ rights in the constitution Wednesday, arguing it protects citizens from Islamist terrorists.

The European Commission passed stricter gun laws in December in response to a growing terror threat. The Czech Republic was one of three countries to oppose the changes, and it is now about to make it legal for citizens to use firearms to protect the security of the country.

“This constitutional bill is in reaction to the recent increase of security threats, especially the danger of violent acts such as isolated terrorist attacks … active attackers or other violent hybrid threats,” a draft of the bill reads.

Critics argue the changes will never take effect as European Union directives overrule the proposed legislation.

“Putting it in the constitution is therefore nonsense,” Jan Farský, the deputy mayor of Chovanec, told Hospodarske Noviny.

The bill passed the lower house by a large majority. It will now go through the upper house before President Milos Zeman can sign it into law. Zeman previously supported more restrictions on guns in the country but had a change of heart after a series of terror attacks across Europe.

“Earlier I spoke against possession of large amounts of weapons [in the hands of the people],” Zeman said in an interview with newspaper Blesk in July, 2016. “After those attacks, I do not think so any more.”

EU recently launched legal action against the Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary for allegedly breaching their obligations to the union by refusing to take refugees.

Edited by High Exposure
Fix the title
  • Like 8

I guess I called that wrong. Looks like the Czechs may have the balls to stand up to the EU after all. I am certain the Poles and Hungarians do. The Finns and Swiss too. Either the EU gives in on the immigration and firearms directives or the EU may very well be folding fast.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"Critics argue the changes will never take effect as European Union directives overrule the proposed legislation."

1) How is the EU going to enforce anything like this in the Czech Republic?

2) Czechxit!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, capt14k said:

I guess I called that wrong. Looks like the Czechs may have the balls to stand up to the EU after all. I am certain the Poles and Hungarians do. The Finns and Swiss too. Either the EU gives in on the immigration and firearms directives or the EU may very well be folding fast.

The Swiss aren't in the EU

• Like 1

The Swiss aren't in the EU

Yes I am aware Switzerland is not a full member of the EU and maintains the Swiss Franc, but the Swiss like Norway are in the EFTA and Schengen which means they are supposed to abide by immigration and firearms rules. So far they have not. Norway has bent over and taken everything Brussels tells them to. 

Another sign the EU will implode.  The EU is like the Democrats here,  "we know better how you should do something", "it takes a village", "the government will protect you", "we must pass it so we can see what's in it", "you just don't know the entire situation like we do", etc.

The EU will dissolve by 1s and 2s.  The ones that stay in the longest are those with poor economies that depend on the wealthier nations to keep bailing them out.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

Another sign the EU will implode.  The EU is like the Democrats here,  "we know better how you should do something", "it takes a village", "the government will protect you", "we must pass it so we can see what's in it", "you just don't know the entire situation like we do", etc.

The EU will dissolve by 1s and 2s.  The ones that stay in the longest are those with poor economies that depend on the wealthier nations to keep bailing them out.

You , I feel, are correct