Indianajonze

Federal Judge Blocks California’s Magazine Ban

some common sense in a very liberal part of the country. hope is NEVER lost...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/06/johannes-paulsen/breaking-federal-judge-blocks-californias-magazine-ban/

money shot:

In the matter of Duncan v. Becerra, the San Diego-based judge said the law banning possession of the magazines would mean “hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of otherwise law-abiding citizens will have an untenable choice: become an outlaw or dispossess one’s self of lawfully acquired property.” He further held that the law “amounts to the government taking people’s private property without compensation.”

second big point:

According to Michel, however, no one was giving up their property. “We were looking at a massive display of civil disobedience. No one was turning these things in.”

shades of nj, if they ever try such nonsense here...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Winning 

slowly. Long hike.

And den?

Pessimisticly?  They overrule it in a heartbeat where it then gets appealed to SCOTUS where they deny Cert. 

optimistically? They still overrule it but this time in the appeal to SCOTUS they head Puruta's desent and decide to take the case where it is struck down. 

1 minute ago, Indianajonze said:

the merits of the argument are very sound. it's wholesale confiscation of legally acquired private property, which is what i've been saying for some time now. not legal in any corner of this country, liberal or conservative

Wasn't NJs 15-round ban already found to be acceptable?  Need more  

Now, if you combine the CA challenge with NY's SAFE-Act challenge?  Maybe. 

1 minute ago, voyager9 said:

Pessimisticly?  They overrule it in a heartbeat where it then gets appealed to SCOTUS where they deny Cert. 

optimistically? They still overrule it but this time in the appeal to SCOTUS they head Puruta's desent and decide to take the case where it is struck down. 

Peruta 

jus sayen 

well at some point it's going to end up like the dozens of federal gay marriage lawsuits, it has to be settled. the supreme court will be compelled to weigh in on the 2nd amendment and gun rights in this country and settle it once and for all. concealed carry, mag limits, arbitrary definitions of "assault rifle" all need to be addressed sooner or later...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

well at some point it's going to end up like the dozens of federal gay marriage lawsuits, it has to be settled. the supreme court will be compelled to weigh in on the 2nd amendment and gun rights in this country and settle it once and for all. concealed carry, mag limits, arbitrary definitions of "assault rifle" all need to be addressed sooner or later...

This will happen. 

43 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

True  

by the time this case gets to SCOTUS hopefully Ginsburg has retired too died.

Ruthie is wayyy too stubborn to ever retire.

I predict she will die in her seat at the bench and they'll only notice she's gone two days later.

• Like 3

Hell, I just read somewhere she still does 20 push ups a day.

In any event, I'm not giving up crap. Wasn't then, still ain't. Can't get much easier than my rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I sure hope our trade groups, perhaps some lawyers like Nappen and others, have a similar suit printed up and waiting for January of next year so it can be filed on the same date Trenton tries to screw us.  Simultaneously should be a class action against the state for an illegal taking requiring them to buy back all mags over 10 rounds at the greater of fair market value or what was paid for them.

I understand your thinking, but in the event of a ban it seems to be an illegal taking to require you turn in your mags or sell them at a loss out of state.  We should be ready if all else fails to DEMAND fair and just compensation.  Actually such a demand up front could make the cost of implementing so onerous that they would not dare when the public sees how much it will cost to do nothing of value.

6 hours ago, siderman said:

I dont even like the talk of compensation, it implies that as long as we get re-imbursed its ok to take away the mags aka a forced buy back. Australia ring a bell?

I paid $99.95 per mag during 2013-2014 and have 5,000 in storage. 

• Like 2

Participating?

Selling, NO !

Buying, maybe.

I may go to the Camden buyback with a supply of COEs and look for vintage military rifles like '03 Springfields and M1 Garands coming in from the parking lot before they reach the steps of the church.

The buyback price is $100 and bargains might be had for even double that price.

I have a feeling the organizers wouldn't like people buying firearms from people on line. It would lower their numbers. I'm sure some intimidation tactics may be used to try and scare buyers off. We all know with COE's it would be perfectly legal