FFLs - In the event of a state government shutdown, no NICS checks will be processed on Saturday, July 1, 2017. In addition, for the week of July 3, 2017, with the exception of the July 4th holiday, NICS checks will be processed on a limited basis in the order that they are received. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

NJSP - NICS Unit

its just bad news after bad news.

my town seems to have gone complete libtard a day after I applied for my last round of permits and they went as far as removing any and all pages related to firearms on their website.  apparently the mayor said in some special meeting that they'll be conducting more "extensive" background checks while ranting about gun related deaths and gun violence.  PERFECT... WTF....  the town I live in has to be the most boring no-crime town in this county! 

Now... the lady that handles the paperwork in my town is magically starting to give excuses on delays which never happened before... it used to take 3 weeks on the dot (with delays).  now all of a sudden, the state is to blame on slow paperwork and the detectives all of a sudden have shit to do...  i submitted the background check electronically.... wtf is this all about all of a sudden?

my god.  at this rate I'm never going to be picking up my guns at steve's. 

sorry.  rant off.

would NJ2AS even be able to do anything about it?  seems like a long shot

sad thing is that I know the chief is pretty Pro-2A.  He even came out to greet me when I did my first change of address form when I moved here and pushed all the paperwork thru.  The mayor on the other hand is a complete dumbass and am pretty sure it's all him

5 minutes ago, BlueLineFish said:

This state is a lost cause. Its too corrupt and too democratic.  The heavily polulated areas are the one's that dictate the direction we go. We see where that gets us.   Only option is too move out. 

I came to that conclusion 4 years ago to the day.