SJG

CZ Scorpion Carbine

Mine has become my favorite pistol caliber carbine and gets the most use. The stock sights are great out of the box, it shoots and handles phenomenal. Only not so good thing IMO was the 9+ trigger pull which was easily remedied by an $8 HBI reduced pull spring kit.

Nailed the faux suppressor carbine one on a gunbroker auction for $760; will keep and shoot it for now in FL as I want a folder and 20 round mag. I have been following them on gunbroker and the carbines can be had in the 740-790 range at auction. On a straight buy around $820.

Hey all, since this is about this gun I may as well ask.....

I'm a CZ guy so in looking for a rifle this obviously jumps at me.  Background.....I had a SW M&P Sport 2 but sold it because there was really nowhere I could go shoot it near me (NJTpk exit 4 here.....Ft Dix would be closest but still far).  So I'm looking for a 9mm rifle so that I can actually shoot it.....my big Q is if the CZ is NJ compliant?  Or do I need to not worry about that with this carbine?

My brother bought a KelTec sub2k and I thought it was so cool til I tried to shoot it and can't get comfortable enough to line up the sights, so thats out.

I seem to think my only real good options are this CZ or the Beretta cx4.  Comments or ideas?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, wadezky said:

Hey all, since this is about this gun I may as well ask.....

I'm a CZ guy so in looking for a rifle this obviously jumps at me.  Background.....I had a SW M&P Sport 2 but sold it because there was really nowhere I could go shoot it near me (NJTpk exit 4 here.....Ft Dix would be closest but still far).  So I'm looking for a 9mm rifle so that I can actually shoot it.....my big Q is if the CZ is NJ compliant?  Or do I need to not worry about that with this carbine?

My brother bought a KelTec sub2k and I thought it was so cool til I tried to shoot it and can't get comfortable enough to line up the sights, so thats out.

I seem to think my only real good options are this CZ or the Beretta cx4.  Comments or ideas?

Thanks.

no the cz carbine is not compliant, it will need a pinned muzzle brake or the fake can pinned, pin for stock folding, pin for stock adjustment and pinned magazine unless you order  a 10 round version.  i'd guess that would be $100-120 worth of work to make it compliant.

7 minutes ago, cabalrayz said:

no the cz carbine is not compliant, it will need a pinned muzzle brake or the fake can pinned, pin for stock folding, pin for stock adjustment and pinned magazine unless you order  a 10 round version.  i'd guess that would be $100-120 worth of work to make it compliant.

Was afraid of that.  This freaking state!

1 minute ago, tattooo said:

I paid like $20 or $30 no where near $100-$200 .....compliance work is not that expensive at all.... off the top of my head Steve at Monmouth arms @remixer is very reasonable also

no one said $200 i said 100-120. and thats what steven would charge for all the things mentioned.  60 for his brake or 40 for yours, 20 for stock, 15 for each magazine.  also scorpions are a pain in the ass to pin/weld brake the barrels are paper thin.