ChrisS

Help point me towards my first shotgun

On 7/5/2017 at 6:18 PM, AlexTheSane said:

Why SxS versus O/U, pump or SA?

It's obvious. Read OP's post. New to guns and shooting, with a cautious lady at home.
The simplicity and approach-ability of a coach gun make it ideal. An Over/under would also work, but typically too long for home defense.

ChrisS, unfortunately you are going to get a wild range of terrible advice on the internet , especially regarding firearms. Most internet gun people think the biggest caliber/gauge you can shoulder before bone begins to snap, is the "ideal" choice. They will also tell you it must hold as many rounds as possible, with extra detachable shell holders, red-dot sights, and folding/collapsing/telescoping/elevator accessories as an absolute must.

I've seen some of the fastest cowboy action shooters use nothing but a "coach gun." the simplicity and exceptional handling of a Side-by-Side (SxS) shotgun make it very fast and effective with training.
At self defense ranges, there's only a small difference between 20g and 12g buckshot, in terms of power and penetration.

* MAKE SURE you use "00 Buckshot" for home defense. Birdshot is not sufficient, unless you want the first shot as a warning/semi-lethal. But, if you only have 2 shots... I'd keep "00" in there.

On 1/8/2018 at 8:55 PM, Ray Ray said:

Zombie shotgun, SHTF shotgun, beater shotgun, WROL shotgun, spare shotgun

I’m curious in what world “zombie” != “SHTF”. 

On 1/8/2018 at 8:55 PM, Ray Ray said:

Zombie shotgun, SHTF shotgun, beater shotgun, WROL shotgun, spare shotgun

25 minutes ago, DTtuner said:

MAKE SURE you use "00 Buckshot" for home defense. Birdshot is not sufficient, unless you want the first shot as a warning/semi-lethal. But, if you only have 2 shots... I'd keep "00" in there.

Fake news

Inside the home, from room distance, its all the same.

Now, outside if your defending your property, then please run 00 or slugs

2 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Zombies are real.  They have existed forever.  

5 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Now, outside if your defending your property, then please run 00 or slugs so you can goto prison because NJ semi-Castle law says you can only use lethal force in self defense inside the home, and outside you are in illegal possession of a firearm.

Fixed it for you.

ChrisS... see what I mean? Lots of stupid out there.

39 minutes ago, DTtuner said:

Fixed it for you.

ChrisS... see what I mean? Lots of stupid out there.

What the fuck are you talking about.   I'm talking about defending yourself.   ON YOUR PROPERTY 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DTtuner said:

Yup... Outside the door? It's prison time. 

Look it up.

It's only prison time if you chase the home Invader out of your home and into the street and shoot them. If you happen to be doing yard work and get attacked by somebody while you're raking leaves and you are carrying and you shoot them no prison time.

• Like 1

Siding with Ray on this one. NJ Castle law  says that you must try to remove yourself from the situation if safe to do so. You are not required to leave your house. Certainly if outside the assumption will be that this could happen more easily. If your family is in danger then this would not apply even if outside

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Even if I was wrong, and your family is depending on you to save them, your gonna do it.  Unless your @DTtuner, then you watch them die because you didn't want to go to jail.   

I don’t wanna dissuade @DTtunerhere. I’d prefer to educate.

if your life  (or family)is in jeopardy, ergo imminent threat of death or egregious bodily harm you have the right to defend yourself with deadly force.

now if someone is stealing your lawn mower or car, and your life is not in jeopardy. No go

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

It's only prison time if you chase the home Invader out of your home and into the street and shoot them. If you happen to be doing yard work and get attacked by somebody while you're raking leaves and you are carrying and you shoot them no prison time.

This is correct. The use of force continuim .  No threat, no force.

@High Exposure will probably beat me with a stick for missing sumtin 

Bravo! Thank you for proving all my points about the stupidity of internet gun guru's quickly and efficiently.
This went from a person looking for help, to watermelon meme's, pussy's, and my family dying as I watched on.
As per usual, shining examples of pathetic, childish behavior by the known clowns of this forum.
NJGF has sunken really really low in the past few years.

ChrisS, try your luck somewhere else. There is no intelligence to be found here.

• Like 1

Just now, DTtuner said:

Bravo! Thank you for proving all my points about the stupidity of internet gun guru's quickly and efficiently.
This went from a person looking for help, to watermelon meme's, pussy's, and my family dying as I watched on.
As per usual, shining examples of pathetic, childish behavior by the known clowns of this forum.
NJGF has sunken really really low in the past few years.

ChrisS, try your luck somewhere else. There is no intelligence to be found here.

Guy, cmon. Take a breather 

27 minutes ago, Zeke said:

This is correct. The use of force continuim .  No threat, no force.

@High Exposure will probably beat me with a stick for missing sumtin 

Use of force is not a continuum.

You don’t have to progress through each lower use of force before advancing to a higher level.

You have to use the lowest amount of force that is reasonable to accomplish your lawful objective.

See Graham v Connor and Tennessee v Garner for relevant case law on this.

1 minute ago, High Exposure said:

Use of force is not a continuum. You don’t have to progress through each use of force.

You have to use the lowest amount of force that is reasonable to accomplish your lawful objective.

See Graham v Connor and Tennessee v Garner for relevant case law on this.

What did I say... stick.

• Like 1