Alex V

M&P9 Magwell for Factory Baseplates?

Seems like a rather simple request, but alas. I can find a magwell for my Glock or VP9 which works wth factory magazine baseplates, why is it so hard to find one for the M&P9? 

All inwant is a magwell. I don't want to spent more than the cost of a magazine on baseplates to retrofit the 40+ mags I have for my M&Ps to work with a magwell. 

The only one I have found it some crap plastic one that looks like ass and probably functions just as well  

Any my ideas gentlemen?

Thanks in advance. 

5 hours ago, Vlad G said:

One exists, it is the Carver Custom one, it is about $85. I've used one for over a year on my M&P before I gave up on the gun. 

Gave up hu? Wanna sell the magwell? :-)

Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated!!!

I had the same problem and had to change the baseplates. 

According to Carver, the problem is in the tolerances in the polymer grips. If you take some material off the bottom of the grip the Carver magwell will fit higher and the stock magazine will then lock. 

17 hours ago, ramnj said:

I had the same problem and had to change the baseplates. 

According to Carver, the problem is in the tolerances in the polymer grips. If you take some material off the bottom of the grip the Carver magwell will fit higher and the stock magazine will then lock. 

That is what they said,  they also said that because my grip is stipples it may have gotten longer than spec. That seems odd to me since factory mags seat just fine with clearance from the top of the base plate to the bottom of the grip. 

I ran ran some measurements and it's off by almost 1/8" (.1325") that's not just "a little sanding". Something is a miss. My dad has an early untouched M&P9. I will see if it works on his. If not, that's 0/3 so it can't be me. 

Looks like Ike I'll be returning it. I have access to SolidWorks and CNC equipment maybe I should just make my own lol.