antimatter

Got the call, Permits are in

you would think that i hit the lottery, i never get used to it.  even the woman at the Police Dept was chucking cause she knows its just silly.  anyway, time to go shopping! 

I am leaning towards a 5" PPQ  but need to check out some other long slide pistols as well.  

3 minutes ago, antimatter said:

you would think that i hit the lottery, i never get used to it.  even the woman at the Police Dept was chucking cause she knows its just silly.  anyway, time to go shopping! 

I am leaning towards a 5" PPQ  but need to check out some other long slide pistols as well.  

How long they take?

3 weeks and 2 days.  Toms River PD.   they are great actually.  its just silly this whole process that NJ created.  but alas i will remain optimistic that NJ will joint the rest of the country one day - this nonsense cant last forever.  

• Like 2

Jus read an article may '17 broke may '16 nics record. And '16 was a record but '17 is gaining pace after slight post election slow down( December, January).

sucks for us under these rules, but it's a good sign outside the box.

12 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

Called? I've stopped in. They keep saying they are waiting on Trenton. Was there today actually when I first posted.

When mine were taking awhile (state police barracks in Perryville), I called Trenton directly. Got a very helpful guy on the phone, told me exactly where it was in the process, exactly when I would get it, and told me if I didn't get it by that date to call him back and he'd personally follow up with the barracks. I don't know if they're always that nice, but that guy was (on that particular day anyway).

Besides, there's something to be said for "public pressure". Call Trenton!

• Like 2

When mine were taking awhile (state police barracks in Perryville), I called Trenton directly. Got a very helpful guy on the phone, told me exactly where it was in the process, exactly when I would get it, and told me if I didn't get it by that date to call him back and he'd personally follow up with the barracks. I don't know if they're always that nice, but that guy was (on that particular day anyway).

I might have to give that a try. Thanks.
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

What's the phone number? I'd like to see if I can find out the status of my permits. It's been much longer than normal. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, antimatter said:

If you are looking at some good 5" barrel long slide pistols, have you considered the S&W M&P Pro Series in 9mm & 40 cal. I have a pro series 40 cal, & I really like it a lot. Another good choice might be the FN America FNS long slide series, also in both 9 & 40. I have looked at them numerous times, but have not gotten around to buying one yet. My last permit went for a Sig Sauer 226 legion 9mm, in May. The permit took exactly 1 month for turning in the application, until issue. Not too bad. No plans to apply for any more permits for a while. 

3 hours ago, ChrisS said:

What's the phone number? I'd like to see if I can find out the status of my permits. It's been much longer than normal. 

Hey, I honestly don't recall, but just googled it... the main # seems to be: 609-882-2000 - I'm not sure which extension I used. I see two, try both: ext's 2060 or 2290.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1brentenfan said:

If you are looking at some good 5" barrel long slide pistols, have you considered the S&W M&P Pro Series in 9mm & 40 cal. I have a pro series 40 cal, & I really like it a lot. Another good choice might be the FN America FNS long slide series, also in both 9 & 40. I have looked at them numerous times, but have not gotten around to buying one yet. My last permit went for a Sig Sauer 226 legion 9mm, in May. The permit took exactly 1 month for turning in the application, until issue. Not too bad. No plans to apply for any more permits for a while. 

Funny you mention those,  I checked out an M&P tonight and liked it.   I really like the fns but the mags are expensive and can't find 15 rounders for it.  I did shoot a ppq tonight and was very nice, but I need some more research.   I want to check out a CZ as well.  

On 7/7/2017 at 9:22 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

Hey, I honestly don't recall, but just googled it... the main # seems to be: 609-882-2000 - I'm not sure which extension I used. I see two, try both: ext's 2060 or 2290.

Thanks for all the info.  I called this morning and was told that "Debbie" would call me back.  About 15 minutes later, Debbie did in fact call me back, put me on hold for a minute after taking my info, and came back and said "I'll be honest with you, I'm not going to get to these until tomorrow".  I said, what does "get to" mean, does that mean they are approved and ready?  She said yes, that she just needs to type them up and send them to the Buena Barracks. She stated I should expect a call this week from the barracks telling me they are ready and to come pick them up.  I'll update here the end of the week to let you know what happened.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

Thanks for all the info.  I called this morning and was told that "Debbie" would call me back.  About 15 minutes later, Debbie did in fact call me back, put me on hold for a minute after taking my info, and came back and said "I'll be honest with you, I'm not going to get to these until tomorrow".  I said, what does "get to" mean, does that mean they are approved and ready?  She said yes, that she just needs to type them up and send them to the Buena Barracks. She stated I should expect a call this week from the barracks telling me they are ready and to come pick them up.  I'll update here the end of the week to let you know what happened.

Good! I think it behooves us to call. And it's person should politely mention the 30-day limit --- not in a nasty way, ,more like "wow! it must be difficult knowing that 30-day processing limit is sitting out there...." (pregnant pause) Squeaky wheel gets the oil. They start getting enough phone calls, complaints, letters from representatives --- it keeps pressure on and they might actually upgrade their technology. I had someone there described the process to me --- it is LAUGHABLE how antiquated the technology is.

2 minutes ago, fatty said:

Is this only for locations requiring the barracks for permits?  Or does this mean all P2P's are typed up in trenton now?

That's a great question. Since some local police departments are issuing permits in only DAYS --- I suspect they are typed up at those local departments. Because Trenton could never get them done that fast -- it seems there's too much backlog. But that's only my suspicion. Someone who knows for certain will chime in, I hope.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Good! I think it behooves us to call. And it's person should politely mention the 30-day limit --- not in a nasty way, ,more like "wow! it must be difficult knowing that 30-day processing limit is sitting out there...." (pregnant pause) Squeaky wheel gets the oil. They start getting enough phone calls, complaints, letters from representatives --- it keeps pressure on and they might actually upgrade their technology. I had someone there described the process to me --- it is LAUGHABLE how antiquated the technology is.

I suspect it is antiquated so that things take this long and they have an "excuse".  These delays are exactly what our legislators desire. 

"A right delayed is a right denied!"- MLK

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darrenf said:

Which extension was it?