antimatter

Got the call, Permits are in

On 7/7/2017 at 8:04 PM, 1brentenfan said:

If you are looking at some good 5" barrel long slide pistols, have you considered the S&W M&P Pro Series in 9mm & 40 cal. I have a pro series 40 cal, & I really like it a lot. Another good choice might be the FN America FNS long slide series, also in both 9 & 40. I have looked at them numerous times, but have not gotten around to buying one yet. My last permit went for a Sig Sauer 226 legion 9mm, in May. The permit took exactly 1 month for turning in the application, until issue. Not too bad. No plans to apply for any more permits for a while. 

I am eagerly awaiting 1 more week till my 30 day wait runs out to pick up a Sig p226 legion SAO.

But I'm concerned with the hundreds of "finish" issues, apparently that PVD coating is sub-par that Sig was putting on these legion pistols.  Curious to see how yours is holding up? (i'm hoping these issues were just from an early release batch)

I know they are meant to be used and I think of my pistols as tools but some of the pics I have seen are outirght horrendous and IMO should not occur within your first few weeks for a $1k+ pistol.

23 hours ago, peacewalker said:

I am eagerly awaiting 1 more week till my 30 day wait runs out to pick up a Sig p226 legion SAO.

But I'm concerned with the hundreds of "finish" issues, apparently that PVD coating is sub-par that Sig was putting on these legion pistols.  Curious to see how yours is holding up? (i'm hoping these issues were just from an early release batch)

I know they are meant to be used and I think of my pistols as tools but some of the pics I have seen are outirght horrendous and IMO should not occur within your first few weeks for a $1k+ pistol.

Go stain:B:):less 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 10:58 PM, peacewalker said:

My 226 Legion is still new, unfired in the case. The original finish on it does look to be very good. I just have to make some time to get to my favorite indoor range & put about 100-200 rounds through it. I bought the DA/SA version that just happened to be in stock the one day I was looking around the store. A 2nd permit I had to use after the Legion was on a CZ 75 compact, in 99% new condition. The original owner only put about 100 rounds through it, & decided to sell it. It is the blued finish, & came with 2 14 shot mags. 

So my 30 days are almost up.  back to the topic at hand,  i think i am going with a Taurus model 85 in stainless.  they are running a $40 dollar rebate thru October so that puts it at 210-220 depending on the retailer.    That and i kinda blew my load on the PPQ 5" and extra mags.  

On a side note,  i have never seen so many rebates/incentives to buy a firearm by so many makers and sellers.  makes me wonder what is going on.....

cheers

On 8/4/2017 at 2:21 PM, antimatter said:

So my 30 days are almost up.  back to the topic at hand,  i think i am going with a Taurus model 85 in stainless.  they are running a $40 dollar rebate thru October so that puts it at 210-220 depending on the retailer.    That and i kinda blew my load on the PPQ 5" and extra mags.  

On a side note,  i have never seen so many rebates/incentives to buy a firearm by so many makers and sellers.  makes me wonder what is going on.....

cheers

Ya wanna know what's going on do ya?  EASY!  The factories ramped-up production all during the Obama years.  He was the greatest gun salesman known to God Almighty!  They had back-orders that needed fulfilled.  January 20, 2017 the WORLD CHANGED.  See, people are basically uninformed.  And fearful.  And emotional.  So they take all of that pent-up anxiety & run-out to buy more guns & ammo.  Cause FEELINS' & stuff.  Then when they've maxed-out their credit cards and have a new leader that doesn't want to confiscate their guns, well, that my dear Forum leads to stalled sales.  So too much factory inventory not being sold to dealers, and dealers having too much in stock.  What happens next happens to widgets & everything else in our society:  THE PRICE OF GOODS DROPS!  Call it a "Sale", or an "adjustment" or whatever you wish.  It's merely "Supply & Demand" driven and also consider that for the last 8 years folks have been buying stuff they don't "need".  THAT in & of itself leads to an unsustainable "saturation" of the market place.  Folks stop buying guns cause they already have that particular model and it didn't break yet so no need to replace it.  Your market also has to be at least 21 to buy hand guns.  Lots of 20-somethings still live in their parents' basement.  Lots of middle class couples stopped making more kids than they could afford to feed & clothe, and lower class households aren't into "gun collecting" as a hobby.  Yep, SATURATION of the marketplace :) 

I've been shooting since a 500 round brick of .22's was less than $5 out the door w/ NJ sales tax.  I've seen my share of ups & downs in the gun world...  

On 8/4/2017 at 2:21 PM, antimatter said:

cheers

Gobble while they keep bringing food. It will calm down. But, last yr had record setting Nics cks....

7 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Ya wanna know what's going on do ya?  EASY!  The factories ramped-up production all during the Obama years.  He was the greatest gun salesman known to God Almighty!  They had back-orders that needed fulfilled.  January 20, 2017 the WORLD CHANGED.  See, people are basically uninformed.  And fearful.  And emotional.  So they take all of that pent-up anxiety & run-out to buy more guns & ammo.  Cause FEELINS' & stuff.  Then when they've maxed-out their credit cards and have a new leader that doesn't want to confiscate their guns, well, that my dear Forum leads to stalled sales.  So too much factory inventory not being sold to dealers, and dealers having too much in stock.  What happens next happens to widgets & everything else in our society:  THE PRICE OF GOODS DROPS!  Call it a "Sale", or an "adjustment" or whatever you wish.  It's merely "Supply & Demand" driven and also consider that for the last 8 years folks have been buying stuff they don't "need".  THAT in & of itself leads to an unsustainable "saturation" of the market place.  Folks stop buying guns cause they already have that particular model and it didn't break yet so no need to replace it.  Your market also has to be at least 21 to buy hand guns.  Lots of 20-somethings still live in their parents' basement.  Lots of middle class couples stopped making more kids than they could afford to feed & clothe, and lower class households aren't into "gun collecting" as a hobby.  Yep, SATURATION of the marketplace :) 

I've been shooting since a 500 round brick of .22's was less than $5 out the door w/ NJ sales tax.  I've seen my share of ups & downs in the gun world...  

And this year is on pace to exceed. Sooo a lot of new friends and firearms owners have been birthed 

• Like 2