gunnarsport

Letting a permit expire...

Blah... just get a Glock 19 like everyone else. [emoji23]

Never. Way too many military pistols left to buy. Only new pistol I would even remotely be interested in is a 10mm, but it won't be a Glock. It will definitely be a Bren Ten now that I saw it is C&R.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Check out Lugerman... they are making reproductions of the 1907 .45 Lugers, starting at $5,000. They also are doing 10mms. [emoji41]

That does sound cool but if I'm spending $5k on a reproduction I'm getting a FG-42 8MM

• Like 1

What about EAA Witness or Elite Pro seems to be closest thing to a Bren Ten but more true to the CZ75 design? Also a lot less money.

If you look into 10mm frame/slide failures, Witnesses take the cake. Don't know how well they redesigned them over the years, but I wouldn't buy one.

For new 10mms, SIG and even that Ruger SR1911 are on point. Glock isn't a bad choice, but I prefer steel frames.

If you look into 10mm frame/slide failures, Witnesses take the cake. Don't know how well they redesigned them over the years, but I wouldn't buy one.

For new 10mms, SIG and even that Ruger SR1911 are on point. Glock isn't a bad choice, but I prefer steel frames.

Yes but they don't look like a Bren Ten. I guess I should just get an original.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes but they don't look like a Bren Ten. I guess I should just get an original.

Yea, if that is what you are looking for... as close as you are going to get to one.

It is a shame, but I doubt we will ever see a new production run of those. Part of it, I believe, is due to costs... it is just too expensive to get going with likely only a few people that will actually purchase one. Plus, I think it is a cursed design...

10mm is a good cartridge, but need to pay to play. I don't shoot it as much as I used to because of costs, and if you get generic 10mm off the shelf stuff, most is lukewarm.40. If I'm going to shoot that, I have a M&P40 (actually two, and a SUB-2000 that takes the same magazines).

[mention=4929]Screwball[/mention] good points. You got me back on track. Lahti L-35 or Steyr Hahn Chilean Contract M1912 to go along with the Enfield No4 MkI and AC44 P.38 I have sitting at Monmouth Arms.

Monmouth Arms the best gun store around. Never any storage fees and hopefully a discount on transfers for shameless plugs. Hint Hint [mention=3597]remixer[/mention]

Chilean guns in 9x19 or 9x23?

Don't get me wrong, I like the design... big fan of the rotating barrel (love my PX4), but how available is 9mm Steyr?

I do know there are some chambered in 9x19... which I think is better for collecting/shooting. But if it is a standard M1912, I'd go L-35.

Yea, Steve is a hell of a guy. Some of the stuff I hear there, I'm shaking my head in my car the entire way home, but definitely a good guy. [emoji23]

• Like 1

Great conversations at Monmouth Arms.

The Chilean Contract is 9x23 and has the Chilean Crest. The German Used would likely be 9x19. Not sure how easy or hard 9x23 is to find. I passed on one on gunbroker that came with ammo on strippers. Ammo looked newer.

The Chilean Contract is 9x23 and has the Chilean Crest. The German Used would likely be 9x19. Not sure how easy or hard 9x23 is to find. I passed on one on gunbroker that came with ammo on strippers. Ammo looked newer.

AmmoToGo has 11 boxes of 9mm Steyr in stock... PCI, 115 grain FMJ. Box of 50 goes for $39.95.

Like I said, go L-35. [emoji41]

AmmoToGo has 11 boxes of 9mm Steyr in stock... PCI, 115 grain FMJ. Box of 50 goes for $39.95.

Like I said, go L-35. [emoji41]

Just need to find a L-35 at a decent price. The ones listed on gunbroker are ridiculous high and have been sitting unsold for months.

12 hours ago, capt14k said:

What about EAA Witness or Elite Pro seems to be closest thing to a Bren Ten but more true to the CZ75 design? Also a lot less money.

12 hours ago, Screwball said:

I have a recent vintage that I've shot a boat load through and have had no issues.  I also just added a shock buffer recently.