BobA

Croton Rod and Gun Club Flemington

Hopefully ill be able to join this year. Timing and money dident work out last year. It's a very small tight nit club. I think it was 250 bucks for dues but I might be mixing that up with another club. your a probationary member for a while then full member. I don't know about a range. I do know they don't have any water so they orginize fishing trips. Pheasant stocking and hunting sounded good to me last year. I really need to join. My wife's grandfather was one of the founders of the club  

Give them a call and they will explain everything. 

3 hours ago, fishnut said:

Hopefully ill be able to join this year. Timing and money dident work out last year. It's a very small tight nit club. I think it was 250 bucks for dues but I might be mixing that up with another club. your a probationary member for a while then full member. I don't know about a range. I do know they don't have any water so they orginize fishing trips. Pheasant stocking and hunting sounded good to me last year. I really need to join. My wife's grandfather was one of the founders of the club  

Give them a call and they will explain everything. 

Let me know how it goes - I think the Signup meeting is Tuesday.  I'll be decently close soon so it's a possibility.

I did today at about 6:00. No answer or voicemail. That's why I started the thread. I plan on trying during business hours tomorrow. I think Fishnut is correct. On Google Earth I couldn't see any ranges. I'll  post what I know then. 

13 minutes ago, BobA said:

I did today at about 6:00. No answer or voicemail. That's why I started the thread. I plan on trying during business hours tomorrow. I think Fishnut is correct. On Google Earth I couldn't see any ranges. I'll  post what I know then. 

I googled them and they have a facebook page - maybe use the facebook chat to see?

It doesn't look like they have any ranges either - just property for hunting.

8 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Let me know how it goes - I think the Signup meeting is Tuesday.  I'll be decently close soon so it's a possibility.

It's open to Hunterdon residents only I believe.

7 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

I googled them and they have a facebook page - maybe use the facebook chat to see?

It doesn't look like they have any ranges either - just property for hunting.

I saw that page.  Not very informative.

41 minutes ago, fishnut said:

It's open to Hunterdon residents only I believe.

I found them on another chat room for hunters.  In January they were voting to lift that restriction to gain more members.

8 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Yes, Tuesday appears to be their annual open enrollment. 

I hope to get time today to call them.  And I hope they have a range. Looking hard for an outdoor range closer to home for me.

I also called today but no answer. I sent them an email asking what the dues were, if you need to be sponsored by an existing member, etc. I'll let you know if they get back to me, or maybe I'll see you there tomorrow night (depending upon the answers I get!).

8 hours ago, cabalrayz said:

i know a guy that lives around the corner from there he said there's no range he had to join ttc instead :/

Yes.  I too found they did not have a range.  It seems it a social club for hunters.  Pity.

There is a club that has an outdoor long gun range in Milford but you have to shoot from a tower and I believe it's a short range, they also shoot 5 stand under lights at night. Then there is another small private hunt club in Raritan twp that has an outdoor clay range and an indoor handgun range.

20 minutes ago, BobA said:

It would be cool and close but they're not accepting applications and haven't been for a year.   

5 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Damn. I knew I should have joined last year. 

Unfortunately my 2 referrals are used...