gleninjersey

How To Fight Murphy

98 posts in this topic

Look at it this way. They had trump polled the same, losing by a huge margin. When it came time to vote people looked at what they were actually going to get for the next 4 years. People might look the day before and see Murphy has done nothing but talk about spending money and taxing. That should get people voting for Kim with out her even opening her mouth.... Unfortunately, she has only the strategy as Christie, slow down taxes..... And she shouldn't never compare herself to him.

True, but clinton never suggested the broad scale increase in social programs this dolt has proposed, just in today... Free community college for all! At a low cost of 200 million. 

People have to be voting with their bank account this election cycle... There isn't a way around it... He hasn't proposed a way to pay for half the shit he's promised. 

This election will be tight, no matter what the polls say, 40% of those polled haven't even checked who is running. My guess is most just claim their part affiliation.

I just came to post that, lead is now down to only 13 percent. Take into consideration nothing had really happened campaign wise for Kim, people are starting to pay attention to the race now... No body wants higher taxes, well except the ones not paying taxes. 

My thoughts:

• One of the biggest takeaways from the article is this: Taxes are the biggest concern for voters, with 34 percent of voters saying so. And those who rank taxes as their top concern are more likely to vote for Guadagno than Murphy, 43 to 31 percent. Don't forget, this guy can't walk back all his statements about raising taxes! They're on the record and they'll be used to hammer him. In fact, that fact that he made those statements so frequently may just indicate how out-of-touch he is with ordinary citizens.
  • As per usual, the number of undecided voters is still huge - so there is a LOT of sway left in this race that could shift things quite dramatically.
  • This is phenomenally shallow - so much so that I hate to mention it - but many uninformed, "low information" voters will pick the most "attractive" candidate. Guadagno is an attractive woman (IMO), complemented by a very warm engaging personality - all to her favor. Murphy looks like a flasher.
  • So, it appears that this may turn out to be a real "horse race" after all! That said, if you oppose Murphy primarily because of taxes (as in my own case)... or whether 2A concerns are your driving, primary issue... either way, you would be well-advised to sign your name up as a volunteer for NRA-ILA campaigning in the state - and heed the call when it comes!
  • It ain't over 'til it's over! And this race has barely begun.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

My thoughts:

• One of the biggest takeaways from the article is this: Taxes are the biggest concern for voters, with 34 percent of voters saying so. And those who rank taxes as their top concern are more likely to vote for Guadagno than Murphy, 43 to 31 percent. Don't forget, this guy can't walk back all his statements about raising taxes! They're on the record and they'll be used to hammer him. In fact, that fact that he made those statements so frequently may just indicate how out-of-touch he is with ordinary citizens.
  • As per usual, the number of undecided voters is still huge - so there is a LOT of sway left in this race that could shift things quite dramatically.
  • This is phenomenally shallow - so much so that I hate to mention it - but many uninformed, "low information" voters will pick the most "attractive" candidate. Guadagno is an attractive woman (IMO), complemented by a very warm engaging personality - all to her favor. Murphy looks like a flasher.
  • So, it appears that this may turn out to be a real "horse race" after all! That said, if you oppose Murphy primarily because of taxes (as in my own case)... or whether 2A concerns are your driving, primary issue... either way, you would be well-advised to sign your name up as a volunteer for NRA-ILA campaigning in the state - and heed the call when it comes!
  • It ain't over 'til it's over! And this race has barely begun.

^^^^THIS^^^^

The new TV commercial paid for by the Republican Governors Association is pounding "The Flasher" aka Mr. Burns lookalike from "The Simpsons"!  It's all about unrealistic expectations & the promise to raise taxes.  Said raise is post-fuel tax increase, so everyone is still "hurting" from that one!  The video clip of Mr. Burns saying he's gonna raise yer taxes is scaring the public to death!  Everyone should jump on THAT bandwagon so we can get the fence sitting uninformed on our side.  Don't even confuse them with Second Amendment stance if they're not already gun owners.  If they are gun owners, let it be the last straw that causes some of the Dem Hunter FUDDS to wake-up & smell the coffee :) .  After-all, the reason WHY they vote for Kim doesn't matter, the fact that they WANT to vote for her DOES!

NRA is looking for phone volunteers - here's your chance to do something:

Election Day is almost here and we must work together to make sure voters will get out to support pro-Second Amendment candidates. Your effort makes a big difference. Please join me, your NRA-ILA Campaign Field Representative, and other volunteers, in our efforts to reach out to pro-gun voters in New Jersey.

We are meeting every Tuesday from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM at RTSP in Randolph. Click on the date(s) below that you are available.

When:

October 17th

October 24th

October 31st

Where:

RTSP - Range, Firearms & Training
961 Route 10 East
Randolph, NJ 07869

There are plenty of opportunities for you to "Stand and Fight" for your gun rights in this election cycle. We are in the final stretch, so the time is NOW!

Pizza will be provided, and you will have an opportunity to win a prize. For further information please contact me at 702-755-4420 or Melissa@nrailafrontlines.com. I look forward to seeing you there.

Yours in Freedom,

Melissa Gokmogol
Campaign Field Representative - New Jersey
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division 
Cell: 702-755-4420 
E-mail: melissa@nrailafrontlines.com

1 person likes this

Yeah, I got that one above and a 2nd email (I'm guessing because I'm right in-between 2 of their phone bank locations). They're also doing something in Trenton on a few Saturdays. Listen, they're saying they'll take people even for an hour! Whatever you can spare! How hard is it to squeeze an hour in?

I'm looking at my calendar right now --- and plan to book more than 1 date. What about the rest of you? Let's DO this! :D

Here's the copy:

main image

Election Day is almost here, and the NRA needs YOUR help to elect pro-Second Amendment candidates! We must work together to make sure voters will get out and vote on November 7th and a few hours of your time can make all the difference.

If you want to stand up shoulder to shoulder with the NRA for your gun rights, I urge you to join our final get-out-to-vote efforts even if you could spare one hour. We are gathering every Saturday at Trenton Watch Factory from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM.

Click the date(s) you are available below to RSVP:

When:

October 21st

October 28th

November 4th

Where:

Trenton Watch Factory
720 Monmouth St.
Trenton, NJ 08609

Pizza will be served and you will have an opportunity to win a prize. Parking is on the street, and you need to call me in order to get in the building. Please contact me for further details at 702-755-4420 or Melissa@nrailafrontlines.com. I look forward to seeing you there.

Yours in Freedom,

Melissa Gokmogol

1 person likes this

BTW, I don't know what radio station it was... but as I was driving around today, I heard that there is a large (double-digit) percentage of likely, undecided voters according to a recent poll. Definite opportunity to sway people! :D

BTW, I gave Melissa a call... just curious to see how things were going and whether enough people had signed up. Her answer was, "Never enough!" - and she explained that when people arrive at a phone bank, they can either use their own phone, or she'll hand them one of their cell phone's with a call list --- and they won't run out of phones ---because they're prepared and they've got plenty. It sounds like it would make her day to see a tidal wave of volunteers. She also said it's good if you register, but it's not critical. So, if you have a shooting buddy that is available at the last minute - just grab him or her and bring along. And if you can only be there for an hour - that's OK, too. Whatever you can spare!

If you signed up already, you would have gotten emails on the locations closest to you, but FYI, here's the entire statewide list of NRA-ILA phone bank activities:

• Every Monday 4:00 - 7:00 PM at Cheyenne Outfitters in Bordentown
  • Every Tuesday 4:00 - 7:00 PM at RTSP in Randolph
  • Every Wednesday 4:00 - 7:00 PM at Centaur Firearms in Lumberton
  • Every Thursday 4:00 - 7:00 PM at Garden State Shooting Center in Lakewood
  • Every Friday 4:00 - 7:00 PM at Full Metal Jacket Gun Range in Seaville
  • Every Saturday 12:00 - 4:00 PM at Trenton Watch Factory in Trenton (The address is: 720 Monmouth St. Trenton, 08609 - call Melissa to be let into the building).

Again, her contact info is:

Melissa Gokmogol

www.nrailafrontlines.com

www.nraila.org

So, here's the deal - let's look at the facts:

• We all know what Murphy has promised to do in terms of taxation AND in terms of oppressive new gun laws.
  • I've noticed the polls were giving him a 27+ point lead just a few weeks ago, but his lead seems to be steadily shrinking - latest I heard was 12 points. I suspect that's diving because the more people are learning about his taxation plans, the more turned off they are.
  • Looking at the debates as dispassionately as I could, I think Guadagno did well. That's a factor helping her as well.
  • The latest survey I heard had likely "undecided" voters at 13%. I don't think I'm delusional when I say, "I'm starting to think this can be wrested away from him."  His policies are unappealing, and he is personally not appealing either.
  • That said, what are we doing about it? I'm signed up for one date and trying (if I can) to arrange a 2nd. What are the rest of you doing?

I honestly see this as a "Put up or shut up" kind of moment. If you don't do something on this campaign, you really should NOT be whining when your taxes jump and you get 20-30 new gun laws in 2018>>> just imagine: more firearm restrictions, new magazine limits, severe restrictions on gun ranges, punitive tax on gun purchases, etc. That is all VERY probable IMO.

So, who else has signed up for one of these events?  Chime in, please. Let's get some momentum going on this!

1 person likes this

If you think you have this in the bag; you shouldn’t need to call out the big guns to stump for you...

This race is far from a done deal as predicted from the start.

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

So, which of you are doing the phone banks...? Hello...? I hear: crickets! This concerns me. :unsure:

Wednesday looks like I’m going to centaur. Work permitting 

1 person likes this

Don't forget to donate!    It may be the most important thing we can do.   This late in the campaign, these funds are largely going to buy more TV time, and if there's anything we need right now, it's more pro-Kim/Anti-Murphy commercials.

GuadagnoforGovernor donations

Go directly to her website--it takes about two minutes and a credit card.  

Think first about how much it will cost to pin all of your mags to 5 rounds or move them to storage out of state along with your newly non-compliant firearms.   Think about the cost and inconvenience of eliminating mail order sales to NJ of anything gun-related.  Think about how much more difficult the permitting process and storage/transportation requirements could become.  Think about how much more you'll be paying in property/income/gas/sales/estate taxes if Murphy wins.

Think about all that in determining what you can donate, then enter a number, and click 'Submit'    Today.

3 people like this

i'll do a donation in lieu of running a phone bank thing....'cause i'm working stupid hours. even today, i'll be here till 8'ish....which means tomorrow, although i wanted to do the 3gun at quinton, i'll be spending the entire day in my yard.

1 person likes this

Murphy is a smarmy Clinton surrogate that will enable Chelsea Clinton to become a politician in NJ.  The state police will soon be run by black lives matter, under the direction od Sheila Oliver.  As bad aa many think it will be, the reality will be a whole lot worse. They will bring in 1000s of illegal aliens under some programand give them state jobs and the mafia controlled unions will bring them in to take over those jobs.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, matty said:

They will bring in 1000s of illegal aliens under some programand give them state jobs and the mafia controlled unions will bring them in to take over those jobs.

Two million have left New Jersey since 2005. They have been replaced by another two million, 600,000 who are from "abroad." 

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/02/nj_high_living_expenses_costing_jobs_people_money.html

3 minutes ago, Zeke said:

We have collectively lost our minds if he’s elected.

I agree. And we've lost our minds if we don't fight! So.... who's doing one of the phone banks this week? Anyone? I hear... crickets.

Come'on people, the more voters hear about Murphy's tax plans, the more turned off they'll be... this is FAR from over. We've got 2 weeks left. Who's in???

1 person likes this