TRM9999

BK trigger upgrade EZ replacement for 10/22

I saw this BK replacement assembly for the Ruger 10/22 at Cabela's and online for $56 +.  
Just pull out 2 pins and the old assemble and slide in the new assembly to get the trigger pull down to 3lbs.

But does it make and difference for the causal shooter?

I don't think Burger King is selling replacement parts for 10/22s yet, but Ruger makes and sells a BX replacement trigger assembly. :p

I have 2 of them and they're great improvements to the factory trigger. They still don't have the automatic bolt release feature, but that's easily remedied. The 10/22 I use for the CMP Rimfire Sporter Matches would no longer make the required 3 pound minimum trigger pull, so I replaced the trigger return spring (behind the trigger blade inside the trigger guard) with a slightly heavier spring. Voila, CMP-Legal rifle!

To answer your question - YES it make a boatload of difference. Esp for only $60.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2017 at 4:05 AM, TRM9999 said:

I saw this BK replacement assembly for the Ruger 10/22 at Cabela's and online for $56 +.  
Just pull out 2 pins and the old assemble and slide in the new assembly to get the trigger pull down to 3lbs.

I did it. It's better. 

• Like 1

The bolt (oops, I meant the mag) release mechanism does seem to have a bit of a problem (other than the usual getting used to) so many the replacement could be the easiest, but the custom workers recommended could probably clear that us as well. 

Going to do it, so much thanks to all. 

Edited by TRM9999
Said bolt, meant mag release lever

I went for EZ and got the BX (Burger King) trigger for my 10/22.

Certainly ez to install but you could drop another pin by accident so good to know which are which. It also solved a sticky bolt release which is tricky enough to get to anytime. 

So I go to the range this am for a heat and humidity treatment and to try the new triggers I installed in my 10/22 and SW V. 
I shot the SW Victory first then after a bit the 10/22 rifle. I picked it up safely and readied, and pushed the safety in, then lowered my finger onto the trigger and BOOM! Wow, that was quick and light. That's nice is all I can say. 

Did it make me shoot any better. Only time will tell. So many other factors like my scope creeping off the base, which is enough to blow your mind while in between shots. 

• Like 2

On 7/19/2017 at 1:39 PM, TRM9999 said:

I went for EZ and got the BX (Burger King) trigger for my 10/22.

Certainly ez to install but you could drop another pin by accident so good to know which are which. It also solved a sticky bolt release which is tricky enough to get to anytime. 

So I go to the range this am for a heat and humidity treatment and to try the new triggers I installed in my 10/22 and SW V. 
I shot the SW Victory first then after a bit the 10/22 rifle. I picked it up safely and readied, and pushed the safety in, then lowered my finger onto the trigger and BOOM! Wow, that was quick and light. That's nice is all I can say. 

Did it make me shoot any better. Only time will tell. So many other factors like my scope creeping off the base, which is enough to blow your mind while in between shots. 

Now you gotta do the barrel and stock next

• Like 1

I put a BX trigger in one of my 10/22's.  (I have a couple of them.)  Installation was a breeze, and that's coming from someone who's not a real DIY guy.  

I find the trigger to be very light.  Feels like when I just touch it the gun fires.  Took a little getting used to, but between that and a Busnell TRX-25 RDS, the gun is really fun to shoot.  I picked it up on sale for $179, so it's literally a lot of bang for the buck  

• Like 1

On 7/11/2017 at 4:05 AM, TRM9999 said:

Wut kinda boolits you shooting in that wittle guy?

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

Wut kinda boolits you shooting in that wittle guy?

An electic mix right now. I'm using up the thunderbolts too use them up and as long as the bolt face is clean they'll shoot. Then I'll send some CCI's through to clean up the barrel. lol As I going I'm using the cheapest stuff up first and will settle on CCI for consistency. We've fun shooting at the 25 yard now so its no big deal because they all better hit zerro. I also have some golden bullets/Fed/Winchester and they all seem fine as long as the rifle is clean. 

When I get out to the 50 and 100 I'll just use the cci.