Sign in to follow this  
bhunted

Rehashing Operation Strike Force

Rehashing this as a result of a friend of mine as a new applicant.
Seems Attorney Daniel Smutter is handling this now. I have contacted him regarding current existing problems on behalf of my friend.

In this case, The City of Elizabeth. My friend is applying from scratch. He showed me the paperwork they required.

--- A check list of requirements that seemed awful lengthy. More than I can remember. Should not be that difficult.
- The typical FID Application
- The Mental Health Form.
- No info about finger prints whether inked or electronic
- Info about the NICS check with no online link or City Number
---and for the clencher. A separate Mental Health form with the City Header on it basically giving them the right to look at his reports. This is a big no, no.
Correct me if I am wrong, but when the county sends his report back, there are no details. Just a yae or nay. Their form is giving them the right to get any and all mental health info.
Paperwork must be notarized... ALL:bsmeter:!!!

Does any one else have any intel on Elizabeth with any current experience with similar bs?
If you are not aware of this operation, here is a link to the page: http://www.anjrpc.org/?page=A_Strikeforce

sorry for friends troubles and good luck. I have an interest in how Smutter works out as he is very local to me and was considering him as my go to lawyer. there was recently a post here somewhere about Elizebeth. 

Thanks.... Tried to find anything on it but this search engine still ain't what it should be.... Anyone with any towns having issues should start stating their probs here and re-engage Strike Force notification...

Taking long is nothing new. But illegal paperwork is a no no. BTW, I did search and came up with waiting issues.

Not enough said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Taking long is nothing new. But illegal paperwork is a no no. BTW, I did search and came up with waiting issues.

I tried to Google a website for the Elizabeth PD but came up empty. No reference to it on the "City of Elizabeth" website, nor any references to the FPID/P2P procedure there.  I guess they're really trying to discourage it. :nono:

I've seen their requirement list. Its bs.
I'm waiting to hear back from Smutter and my friend to make me a copy of it.
They prob have no site because they are a bunch of scumbags that hide their bs. To me, that's not being very public friendly in any aspect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Your friend can try bringing the below directive issued directly from the Attorney General of NJ to the attention of the chief of police, and if no traction gained there, the mayor:

http://www.nj.gov/lps/dcj/agguide/directives/2016-4_Permits-to-Carry-Firearms_Directive.pdf

Page 2, middle of 2nd paragraph (my emphasis added, any typos are probably mine):

... Police agencies serving in the capacity of firearms licensing authorities are prohibited from applying different policies and standards reflecting local or personal views for the appropriate regulation of civilian firearms, and are prohibited from requiring the submission of forms or the provision of information that goes beyond the the items of information authorized by N.J.S.A.  2C:58-3(e), the State Police application forms, or judicial authority interpreting the law. ...

• Like 4

I've reported Gloucester Twp multiple times in last year to the State's AG, Operation Strike Force, and NJ2AS, for their continued use of an illegal form. The only response I ever got was from the State AG (only took 6 months), who told me to contact the Gloucester Co. DA. Too bad Gloucester Twp is in Camden Co.

One thing has always puzzled me, though, about Operation Strike Force.  Assuming the "resistance" to the State Guidelines and procedures, docs, etc. is coming from the CLEO or someone above the CLEO, would enforcing via Op. Strike Force be all that effective? That is, would not said CLEO find other "alternate" means to gum up the works that have little to do with sticking to the State Guidelines?  I mean, I can see where Strike Force would certainly help with eliminating requirements such as unnecessary forms, questions, interviews, etc.,   But they (LEAs) can still make things take time..... lots of time.  IIRC, the "30 day clock" isn't supposed to begin until all required docs are "received" by the LEA.  There are many, many ways for those docs to "be lost and not received..."   Reference forms alone can cause a bunch of trouble. An "anti" CLEO can insist on checking references each and every time, and there's no way for a requester to verify whether or not the reference forms were received back by the dept. Likewise, it's difficult to verify whether or not the County Adjuster's office returned the mental health check.

Is Strike Force addressing this part of the process?

9 hours ago, bhunted said:

Rehashing this as a result of a friend of mine as a new applicant.
Seems Attorney Daniel Smutter is handling this now. I have contacted him regarding current existing problems on behalf of my friend.

In this case, The City of Elizabeth. My friend is applying from scratch. He showed me the paperwork they required.

--- A check list of requirements that seemed awful lengthy. More than I can remember. Should not be that difficult.
- The typical FID Application
- The Mental Health Form.
- No info about finger prints whether inked or electronic
- Info about the NICS check with no online link or City Number
---and for the clencher. A separate Mental Health form with the City Header on it basically giving them the right to look at his reports. This is a big no, no.
Correct me if I am wrong, but when the county sends his report back, there are no details. Just a yae or nay. Their form is giving them the right to get any and all mental health info.
Paperwork must be notarized... ALL:bsmeter:!!!

Does any one else have any intel on Elizabeth with any current experience with similar bs?
If you are not aware of this operation, here is a link to the page: http://www.anjrpc.org/?page=A_Strikeforce

I don't believe anything needs to be notarized.  That's them making up rules, thus illegal.  

I don't believe anything needs to be notarized.  That's them making up rules, thus illegal.  

I know. I was reading over the crap while he was tattooing me. I had to bite my tongue so he wouldn't slip I was so pist.

One thing has always puzzled me, though, about Operation Strike Force.  Assuming the "resistance" to the State Guidelines and procedures, docs, etc. is coming from the CLEO or someone above the CLEO, would enforcing via Op. Strike Force be all that effective? That is, would not said CLEO find other "alternate" means to gum up the works that have little to do with sticking to the State Guidelines?  I mean, I can see where Strike Force would certainly help with eliminating requirements such as unnecessary forms, questions, interviews, etc.,   But they (LEAs) can still make things take time..... lots of time.  IIRC, the "30 day clock" isn't supposed to begin until all required docs are "received" by the LEA.  There are many, many ways for those docs to "be lost and not received..."   Reference forms alone can cause a bunch of trouble. An "anti" CLEO can insist on checking references each and every time, and there's no way for a requester to verify whether or not the reference forms were received back by the dept. Likewise, it's difficult to verify whether or not the County Adjuster's office returned the mental health check.
Is Strike Force addressing this part of the process?

The 30 day stuff is hard to enforce. But lot of towns just didn't know any better because they did it for years and thought it was ok. Shows how much they read the laws. They just stopped and said thanks for letting us know. Then there are towns like Eliz., JC, etc... that just say eff you. JC was sued I believe but don't recall outcome.

3 hours ago, bhunted said:

The 30 day stuff is hard to enforce. But lot of towns just didn't know any better because they did it for years and thought it was ok. Shows how much they read the laws. They just stopped and said thanks for letting us know. Then there are towns like Eliz., JC, etc... that just say eff you. JC was sued I believe but don't recall outcome.

that JC case- an appellaet court ruled against JC that they were indeed requiring too much pprwrk. JC vowed to appeal but I dont think they ever did. Dont know how JC deals with the pprwrk now, whatever the outcome is it could be of interest to your buds concerns.

• Like 1

The reference forms are a waste of time. You pick the references. So you are relatively positive they will say nothing but good things. I have used the same 2 references the last 3 times. Basically every 9 months I apply for 3 permits. The last time it was held up because the firearms officer didn't receive one of the forms back. Once I found out he didn't receive it, my reference went in person, and filled out the form, on one of the 3 days a month four hours each time that Manalapan accepts or hands out firearms permits. Total of 12 hrs a month to file a firearms permit in Manalapan. One of the days is 2-4pm the other 2 days 3-7pm.

Also Manalapan refuses to accept anything but typed applications. I feel it is prejudicial against older applicants. My father for instance does not know how to use a computer to type and print a PDF or even a typewriter. What is wrong with legible hand written in ink applications? This has to be against the law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reference forms are a waste of time. You pick the references. So you are relatively positive they will say nothing but good things. I have used the same 2 references the last 3 times. Basically every 9 months I apply for 3 permits. The last time it was held up because the firearms officer didn't receive one of the forms back. Once I found out he didn't receive it, my reference went in person, and filled out the form, on one of the 3 days a month four hours each time that Manalapan accepts or hands out firearms permits. Total of 12 hrs a month to file a firearms permit in Manalapan. One of the days is 2-4pm the other 2 days 3-7pm.

Also Manalapan refuses to accept anything but typed applications. I feel it is prejudicial against older applicants. My father for instance does not know how to use a computer to type and print a PDF or even a typewriter. What is wrong with legible hand written in ink applications? This has to be against the law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Report them. Attorney Dan Smutter is handling it now.

3 hours ago, bhunted said:

Report them. Attorney Dan Smutter is handling it now.

I hope so but I'm afraid everyone's given up on Operation Strike Force.  Big Intro but nothing happened.  If they start having some successes, people might start reporting problems.

I hope so but I'm afraid everyone's given up on Operation Strike Force.  Big Intro but nothing happened.  If they start having some successes, people might start reporting problems.

I don't think it fell through. At least it didn't sound that way from Dan. Most of it was handled a ways back. If anything, people stopped reporting in after Phase 1 was finished. According to him when I told him, he said the only complaints he gets about Elizabeth is they are slow. That would mean people are just going along with the PD.