9thMarines

Firearms International Model D .380

Be interested to know if anyone has had any experience with this neat little pistol.

Apparently F.I. was going to make these for Colt as the Colt Pony but the deal fell thru.

They still have the CPA serial number prefix (Colt Pony..)

Wanted a little .380 but didn't care for anything out there. Too big, too small, too plasticky, or too expensive..etc

Found this little guy. A scaled down 1911. (my favorite format)   Real metal!!.. 

IMG_3415.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3411.JPG

Kewl lil pistol. Have to read up on it. As for all metal baby 1911 style. A Sig P238 wouldn't fit the bill? I have the P938 and love the 1911 style relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi John,
The Sig is nice....but... being an old fart on a budget, just couldn't pass this up for $150 plus NICS..
And... I just love the old stuff... Guns,cars,etc.
All the best, 
Kenny

Gotchya...[emoji3]
Have to stop by and chat one of these days and check it out.

10 hours ago, bhunted said:

Kewl lil pistol. Have to read up on it. As for all metal baby 1911 style. A Sig P238 wouldn't fit the bill? I have the P938 and love the 1911 style relationship.

I've seen the gun. Quality firearm.  Why not the SIG 238?  Maybe $600 vs $150. Is the SIG better made?  Time will tell.

If you know what you're looking at you often can get more than you pay for.  A quick check of the auction sites shows these are going for $400 or so in this condition.

Kenny, one thought I had. Check to see if the firing pin protrudes from the breech with the hammer down.  Not a design flaw.  Just means you can't lower the hammer on a loaded round.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

I've seen the gun. Quality firearm.  Why not the SIG 238?  Maybe $600 vs $150. Is the SIG better made?  Time will tell.

If you know what you're looking at you often can get more than you pay for.  A quick check of the auction sites shows these are going for $400 or so in this condition.

Kenny, one thought I had. Check to see if the firing pin protrudes from the breech with the hammer down.  Not a design flaw.  Just means you can't lower the hammer on a loaded round.

For 150, I would have grabbed it too. He didn't mention that right away. ;)

13 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Hi Griz,

Saw a note about the firing pin. Good catch.   Will check it out, just out of curiosity.  As this is just going to be a range toy to play around with, it won't be carried loaded.  Hope to get to the range sometime next week to check it out.

It does fit my hand so nicely.

All the best,

Kenny