I have 3 formulas. I use either, (from weaker to stronger), Blue, Red and Green.

Red should have sufficed. Most cases it does. Blue if its not something so critical or a part that over heats. Like grip screws, etc. I had an installed front sight on a 1911 which on older versions, are staked in. It was wiggling and didn't want to deal with the guy that installed it so, Green. Green is designed to be added to bolts like on engines that cannot for any particular reason, be removed but comes loose. Its viscosity is thin enough where it can seep in like oil. Once in and dried, its solid. My sight is still tight.
Those are the only colors I've used in many years.

ADM mounts are great. Not cheap but hey....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I always get those colors mixed up.

I used purple based on the recommendation of someone that said that it's good for handling vibrations and should come off with hand tools. I'm starting to wonder if I may have kept the tip of the soldering iron on the second screw just a little too long and may have softened the head of the screw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey medved did you make sure to fully clean the threads before applying the loctite the first time around?

I use an alcohol soaked q-tip to clean out any residue before using blue loctite and its been perfect.  Make sure the alcohols evaporated before applying a small drop and youre good to go

I always get those colors mixed up.

I used purple based on the recommendation of someone that said that it's good for handling vibrations and should come off with hand tools. I'm starting to wonder if I may have kept the tip of the soldering iron on the second screw just a little too long and may have softened the head of the screw

Sure that guy likes you? Lol. I usually, for instance its a flat head or whatever. Hold the tip over the stove till it starts changing to orange then let it sit in the screw a few moments so the heat transfers to the screw. Usually comes right out. Just be careful you don't burn something. [emoji6]

Hey medved did you make sure to fully clean the threads before applying the loctite the first time around?
I use an alcohol soaked q-tip to clean out any residue before using blue loctite and its been perfect.  Make sure the alcohols evaporated before applying a small drop and youre good to go

I definitely sprayed the screws with brake cleaner before I added the loctite and put them in but I can't recall if I cleaned out the threads in the mount which means that I probably didn't

Sure that guy likes you? Lol. I usually, for instance its a flat head or whatever. Hold the tip over the stove till it starts changing to orange then let it sit in the screw a few moments so the heat transfers to the screw. Usually comes right out. Just be careful you don't burn something. [emoji6]

Good point - he's from the UK so he may still be harboring some repressed resentment from the whole 1776 thing

• Like 1

Good point - he's from the UK so he may still be harboring some repressed resentment from the whole 1776 thing

Lmao..... [emoji23]

I have an ACOG on my Daniel DDM4V5LW and love it. Bought an old beater off a retired PO. Has the docter (predates rmr as ACOG piggyback sights) but i never use it. 

Its extremely clear and the quality is fantastic.

That said, if i got a reasonable offer on it itd be gone in a heartbeat. Why? I could buy like 4 "normal" sights for the same price.

that sais ive had burris prism sights like the ar 336 or whatever on it and it just isnt the same.. lol. The badass level of the acog is way up there too. Just looks cool IMO.

My tavor has an eo & magnifier setup. That thing is pretty cool lol. I bought both for a pretty good deal though TBH so i could resell and not lose.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:02 PM, High Exposure said:

Stop.

For the money there are better options out there.

The RMR on top is an early 2000's solution for a fixed magnification optic when the magnification will actually slow you down - say 0-75 yards or so. It was a decent option at the time for guy's in Afghanistan where they needed to shoot 600+ yards in the mountains on the way to the objective then switch to CQB type stuff in villages and compounds. It is less than ideal that required a weird and uncomfortable chin weld on the stock. If you go fixed mag optic like an ACOG, you are better off with a 45* mount for your MRDS.

IMO Vortex HD 1-6 is the way to go if you are going to spend that money on an optic for a rifle that you plan on using from 0 to a few hundred yards.

A quality RDS (Aimpoint) will serve you perfectly well from 0 to 100 yards.

Big fan of the Vortex HD.  I'm actually a fan of the 1x mag scopes no too, one optic now rotating the rifle 45, which I agree is way better than looking over the Acog to the RMR.  I have a Leupold 1-6 as well.

For some reason I never feel as comfortable with RDS.

[mention=8214]medved11[/mention] if you ever need to borrow some ez outs. I have an assortment. Every thing is great until sumtin goes sideways, half my tools are those" crap" moments.

Thanks - I appreciate the offer. I really should hop onto Amazon and order myself a set of screw extractors

• Like 1

Just now, medved11 said:

Thanks - I appreciate the offer. I really should hop onto Amazon and order myself a set of screw extractors

And that's a whole nother headache. Buy some different types. God forbid you have to extract a " lefty"....

open offer

• Like 1