this_is_nascar

Gun Buyback (07/28-29)

I wonder if i could bring in my old shitty airgun? Left it in the garage for a few weeks and now its all rusty. I think it was like 120 brand new... any idea if those qualify? In NJ they ARE considered firearms?

11 minutes ago, Zeke said:

You guys realize it's is actually us paying for this ,right? States only source of revenue is, us.

The claim is that tax funds aren't used; it's all funded by forfeiture funds seized from criminals.

But yeah, the state spends a lot to seize those funds, and in my opinion they do tend to overuse the forfeiture statute at times

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 10X said:

The claim is that tax funds aren't used; it's all funded by forfeiture funds seized from criminals.

But yeah, the state spends a lot to seize those funds, and in my opinion they do tend to overuse the forfeiture statute at times

And those are best spent this way?

I'm also wondering if they'll pay out for a non-functioning air rifle.

These couple that I have work. Since they're treated like real hand guns in NJ, I'm hoping they pay the same.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Nothing in up north here ? I am disappointed. I wanted to do my part in preventing gun violence and senseless mass murdering by turning in in-operable, cheap BB guns. I guess next time.
If no ID is required, how do they know the person is NJ resident ?

They can't, right?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I love how these events allow people to break a bunch of laws that would normally get any of us locked up for years without question. Screw over the people without criminal intent, but give the shitbags a day of amnesty and pay them to do it! <_< 

If you get pulled over on your way to one of these, and officer finds out you have an "assault weapon" or hand gun in your car, are they really going to let you go because you claim to be going to a buyback? Going to the churches they have set up is not an exemption under the law. I would imagine that most cops and prosecutors would love to get an "assault weapon" conviction on their resumes.

• Like 1

It says up to $200 per gun. How do you know the scale? Are they paying cash?

Why aren't these buybacks robbed? Massive amounts of guns and cash in one place... How many cops are there running these?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

"Are they paying cash? "    Yes. Cash. No questions asked.  

In Trenton the last time the turn in was run by the Prosecutor's Office. I would assume it will be the same this time. 

Yes, there are LEO's there. Prosecutor's Detectives. 

8 hours ago, leadunderpressure said:

It says up to $200 per gun. How do you know the scale? Are they paying cash?

http://www.nj.gov/guns/faq.html

$100 per rifle or shotgun

$120 per handgun

$200 per "assault weapon"

Max 3 firearms purchased from any one person.

Hrmmmm.....

Daisy air rifle at $18.42 (+ PA Tax) = ~$81.58 gross profit:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Daisy-Youth-Air-Rifle-Buck-2105/19341880

Umarex air pistol $17.97 (+ PA Tax) = ~$102.03 gross profit:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Umarex-DX17-177-Dual-Ammo-Air-Pistol/44689753

• Like 2

Somebody please call the number and ask:

1) Will they be paying for bb guns or pellet guns?

2) Is there some sort of legal protection for those who will be transporting illegally, outside of the exemptions, to get their guns to the buyback?

3) If someone shows up at the buyback with a gun and decides not to accept the offer made, will they be able to take their firearm away with them - no questions asked.

My employer depends heavily on state funding and I was told a while ago to stop harassing Trenton. 

• Like 3