sroc112

Walther vs. H&K - .45

Looking for some feedback from this with direct experience. I am looking into a new .45 cal and am considering the Walther PPQ 45 and the HK USP 45, as well as the Sig p227. However, mainly looking for insight on comparisons between the walther and the HK as I already have some experience with sig. this would be a home defense gun.

also, from my understanding there were some rebates/promos on the two recently - I will be taking this into consideration if they are not yet expired.

11 hours ago, leadunderpressure said:

The HK USP 45, I don't think is current production being replaced by the HK45. I've shot both but can't talk about the Walther. What issues are you concerned about?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am not concerned about any issues, just looking for user feedback

I love both the HK pistols. The USP supports 12 round magazines versus the HK45 which onky has 10 round mags. The HK45 fits my hand better and is slightly slimmer. Both are rated for 45 plus P ammo and are built like tanks.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've had my USP 45 since 2003, almost 10k rounds through it and still going strong, it's my favorite gun. The only gripe I have with it is the proprietary rail which only accepts a UTL, but you can get adapters for it. Can't speak for the walther, I actually almost got the PPQ 45 about 4 months ago but opted for the XMD .45 5.25" instead. The other difference you need to keep in mind is that the PPQ is a striker fired pistol, the USP 45 is hammer fired, so you need to take into consideration also as it's personal preference. But no matter what you decide you can't go wrong with either.

• Like 1