Zeke

Why did it fade Ray Ray

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Why did what fade?

Now that I understand the question, I'll tell you why it faded.

1.  Popularity contest.  A forum isn't for becoming famous or being cool.  It's to learn, meet like-minded people and discuss topics.  NJGF has become a beauty pageant.

2.  Group think.   Instead of having debates on certain topics, some here just go along with everyone else to SEE #1.  Unfortunately, debates are killed here due to hostility and anger.  I'm sorry, but isn't that what debating and discussing and disagreeing is all about?

3.  All bark and no bite.  There are a few reasons why pro 2A groups come and go on the forum.   And that alone would cause it's own topic.  But I can tell you the major reason why they leave.    Money.  If half the REAL members here put their money where their mouths are those groups would be much bigger.  But, this community here fades away when push comes to shove.  

4.  Pay to play.  Why would I have to pay to use certain parts of the forum?  That makes zero sense to me.  A membership to the NRA or NJ2AS or any other pro 2A group should suffice as payment if need be.

5.  Dump the swindlers and hustlers.  Some members on here are here ONLY to make a buck.   They contribute nothing to the community and they fit into #3 on this list.

How's that @Zeke

• Like 3

#1-2 are fairly easy to solve. 

#3 is tough and the crux of the 2a problem in NJ. I, for example, can post on the forum but really don't have a lot of time for "real world" events. Calling reps. Woot. No. 

#4-5 should be easy to resolve as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

3.  All bark and no bite.  There are a few reasons why pro 2A groups come and go on the forum.   And that alone would cause it's own topic.  But I can tell you the major reason why they leave.    Money.  If half the REAL members here put their money where their mouths are those groups would be much bigger.  But, this community here fades away when push comes to shove.  

It's also depressing to the point of being toxic. Yes, I know NJ has some nonsense gun laws. But a lot of people read way too much into it, or have way too much of a defeatist attitude. Do NJ's gun laws make me want to abandon my entire family, way of life, and my career just so I can have more rounds in my magazine though? Also the endless speculation about bullshit nuances of law that would never come into play, etc. 

54 minutes ago, bry@n said:

The arguments over the laws and so many keyboard lawyers. 

Too many hobbies. I can go to another for enjoyment without the bs. 

True, but a car forum or cigar forum is not the same thing as a gun forum.   We have to deal with legalities and rights.  Not to mention the 2A is probably the most heated amendment in the Constitution, so things can go array. 

1 hour ago, bry@n said:

The arguments over the laws and so many keyboard lawyers. 

Too many hobbies. I can go to another for enjoyment without the bs. 

I'm on a couple of different forums....scuba, aquarium,gun. It's all the same BS no matter where you go. I just weed thru it and try and learn what I can. Internet experts are everywhere.

• Like 1