DeerSlayer

Think this is Jersey legal?

Not a Bayonet lug, not an edged weapon, or a switchblade/stiletto. It's just a spike.
Discuss...

https://www.bayonext.com/

Or for Facebook users.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=128172827756474&id=121374908436266

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah but there's no rule against bayonets themselves. Just a bayonet lug.

No rule about lugs or any other evil feature on rifles that are not semi-auto with a detachable magazine, either...

I would say yea, legal, as it isn't attached to a lug. However, I wouldn't be the test subject for NJ to decide that rails can equate to a bayonet lug.

I have one of those pistol rail bayonets that a friend got me as a joke. Most useless thing I've ever seen. I also have the CZ Tactical Block, which has an insert for a bayonet (bought it because the Block isn't a common thing, and puts a little more weight up front... it just happened to also have a blade).

In regards to the CZ, the Block really only fits the SP-01 (mount design, as well as face in front of slide/barrel), so cannot easily be used on a rifle. The other, if you have rails, it can be attached. Now, I'm not saying that rails equate to a lug, but have one yahoo decide he is going to run his AR that way... I'm sure that someone that doesn't like guns, with a generic understanding of the AWB, will say it is an "assault weapon."

If there is a need for that spike on your rifle, then run it. If you get jammed up, you'll have to deal with it... using your argument (and likely a lawyer). If you have no need for it, why would you put it on your rifle? While I understand taking a stance against the government, that wouldn't be my first choice to defy them.

No rule about lugs or any other evil feature on rifles that are not semi-auto with a detachable magazine, either...

I would say yea, legal, as it isn't attached to a lug. However, I wouldn't be the test subject for NJ to decide that rails can equate to a bayonet lug.

I have one of those pistol rail bayonets that a friend got me as a joke. Most useless thing I've ever seen. I also have the CZ Tactical Block, which has an insert for a bayonet (bought it because the Block isn't a common thing, and puts a little more weight up front... it just happened to also have a blade).

In regards to the CZ, the Block really only fits the SP-01 (mount design, as well as face in front of slide/barrel), so cannot easily be used on a rifle. The other, if you have rails, it can be attached. Now, I'm not saying that rails equate to a lug, but have one yahoo decide he is going to run his AR that way... I'm sure that someone that doesn't like guns, with a generic understanding of the AWB, will say it is an "assault weapon."

If there is a need for that spike on your rifle, then run it. If you get jammed up, you'll have to deal with it... using your argument (and likely a lawyer). If you have no need for it, why would you put it on your rifle? While I understand taking a stance against the government, that wouldn't be my first choice to defy them.

I personally have no reason for a bayonet. If I need to used an edged weapon I'm capable, without it being attached to my rifle. I was just posting it, to see what everyone's opinion was.

I personally have no reason for a bayonet. If I need to used an edged weapon I'm capable, without it being attached to my rifle. I was just posting it, to see what everyone's opinion was.

Understood... and didn't mean anything by it.

Just put my view. [emoji111]️
  • Like 1

As someone who is into history, bayonet charges are about as brutal as it gets, and I'd have no intention of wanting a bayonet for a home or personal defense situation. Only firearm I personally see a benefit of having a bayonet on would be a Mosin, as it seems to help with barrel harmonics on a decent number of them.

That said, while you should in theory be able to mount a teddy bear on the end of an AR-15 for all anyone cares, I wouldn't chance it in NJ with that device. Just as easily as you can argue it isn't a bayonet lug, someone could also argue that a rail, bracket, screw etc. is simply another form of lug. 

EDIT: Oh my god, it's almost $400...

1 minute ago, Danno said:

How about the fact that it is an automatic knife? 

" In stand alone configuration the instrument could be deployed as an automatic knife for hunting or in many other capacities"

you could argue that its not a knife, also are you trying to say automatic knives are illegal in nj? cause their not.

1 minute ago, cabalrayz said:

you could argue that its not a knife, also are you trying to say automatic knives are illegal in nj? cause their not.

The manufacturer calls it a knife in their ad.

As far a legality goes: 2C:39-1 h. "Gravity knife" means any knife which has a
blade which is released from the handle or sheath thereof
by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal
force... p. "Switchblade knife" means any knife or similar
device which has blade which opens automatically by hand
pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in

the handle of the knife... u. "Ballistic knife" means any
weapon or other device capable of lethal use and which can
propel a knife blade.

You can be the test case if you want.

22 minutes ago, Danno said:

The manufacturer calls it a knife in their ad.

As far a legality goes: 2C:39-1 h. "Gravity knife" means any knife which has a
blade which is released from the handle or sheath thereof
by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal
force... p. "Switchblade knife" means any knife or similar
device which has blade which opens automatically by hand
pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in

the handle of the knife... u. "Ballistic knife" means any
weapon or other device capable of lethal use and which can
propel a knife blade.

You can be the test case if you want.

2C:39-3. Prohibited Weapons and Devices.

e. Certain weapons. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any gravity knife, switchblade knife, dagger, dirk, stiletto, billy, blackjack, metal knuckle, sandclub, slingshot, cestus or similar leather band studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood, ballistic knife, without any explainable lawful purpose, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

so is there no explainable lawful purpose for any of these items?

1. If it comes to their attention the NJ AG might define a rail as a bayonet stud.

2. An AR/M16/M4 is a POS in bayonet fighting.  I base this on my experience as winning the company competition with pugil sticks in basic training in 1967.  I also broke two M14 stocks in basic one one a thrust and another with a butt stroke.

I've always taken the position "why am I using a bayonet if I still have ammunition".  I've always made sure I had ammunition.

JMO