DirtyDigz

The NRA field rep for North Jersey - Riccardo Regina

23 posts in this topic

I talked with the NRA Campaign Field Representative for Northern NJ, Mr. Riccardo Regina, tonight at the Whippany location of Gun Sitters (they have an amazing facility with a decent collection of consignment firearms and parts/accessories - I asked for a tour after I was done talking to Mr. Regina.  You MilSurp/Antiquity collectors might want to peruse their inventory, they have a whole conference room full of older firearms they're selling for an estate).

We had a cordial conversation - I related that although I'm a member of multiple other RKBA/2A organizations (SAF, NJ2AS, CNJFO), I specifically chose to *not* be a member of the NRA or the ANJRPC due to what I perceived as their defensive only actions in NJ.

Mr. Regina related that he's heard that before from other NJ gun owners and understands the sentiment, but that the NRA was taking action in NJ now and he was here specifically to get NJ mobilized against Murphy in the upcoming gubernatorial election, and to recruit volunteers for expected campaign activities in the fall.

He related that NJ gun owners have a bad record for turnout in NJ elections and that the NRA wants to do what it can to change that this time around.

He said the NRA would likely back Guadagno, but that they can't officially endorse her at this time as she has not expressed support for the NRA.

I filled out a volunteer info card and asked him to contact me once volunteer opportunities were set up.

His contact info from his business card is as follows (He is a resident of Connecticut, not NJ):

 

Riccardo Regina

Campaign Field Representative

NRA Institute for Legislative Action, Grassroots Division

11250 Waples Mill Road

Fairfax, VA 22030

860-918-0198

riccardo@nrailafrontlines.com

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info. Got an email from him soliciting help for their booth at the State Fair at Sussex County Fairgrounds in early August.  Hey, it's more than I've  ever seen.  Time to take whatever help we get cause we are in a bad place this  fall.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I met Riccardo at Tony Simon's Diversity Shoot held the 1st Thursday in June at Gun For Hire.  He's a great guy and he's working for US.  It's our job to get him the bodies he needs to make a real dent in what otherwise would be a coronation of Murphy in November.  Strength in numbers my friends.  The time to bitch about the NRA abandoning NJ is OVER!  It's time to roll-up our sleeves & join the fight!

Rosey

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I met Riccardo at Tony Simon's Diversity Shoot held the 1st Thursday in June at Gun For Hire.  He's a great guy and he's working for US.  It's our job to get him the bodies he needs to make a real dent in what otherwise would be a coronation of Murphy in November.  Strength in numbers my friends.  The time to bitch about the NRA abandoning NJ is OVER!  It's time to roll-up our sleeves & join the fight!
Rosey


I hope so but I mentioned this in another thread. Tell him to, spend some of their huge defense fund, get the full brunt of their forces out here and fill a giant stadium. They won't need any of our help. The huge crowds would do the rest and bring attention to the masses.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

I met Riccardo at Tony Simon's Diversity Shoot held the 1st Thursday in June at Gun For Hire.  He's a great guy and he's working for US.  It's our job to get him the bodies he needs to make a real dent in what otherwise would be a coronation of Murphy in November.  Strength in numbers my friends.  The time to bitch about the NRA abandoning NJ is OVER!  It's time to roll-up our sleeves & join the fight!

Rosey

You my friend are worth way more then my praise.

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

Forgot to mention - I told him about this forum and emailed him a link.  He said he may not be able to participate here directly but that someone on his team would likely check it out.

Good on ya bro!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bhunted said:

I hope so but I mentioned this in another thread. Tell him to, spend some of their huge defense fund, get the full brunt of their forces out here and fill a giant stadium. They won't need any of our help. The huge crowds would do the rest and bring attention to the masses.

 

John, talk to him - you'll have more clout - you're an NRA life member, right?  His contact info is above.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a NRA lifer for over 30 years, never noticed them having any interest in NJ, possibly I keep missing the articles on their lawsuits against NJ or fighting for our 2A rights.

The NRA seems to only chooses battles they can win and NJ is a lost cause.

I've seen it go from very few states issuing carry permits to the vast majority issuing, quite a bit of it with the NRA's help.

In NJ all I've seen is more and more restrictions and bans.

Kind of odd seeing NJ is listed as a state that issues CCW, but doing the math, NJ is a shall not issue state.

Looking at a recent report, NJ is dead last in carry permits issued per percent of adult population. ( download the full pdf from the site )

https://crimeresearch.org/2017/07/new-study-16-3-million-concealed-handgun-permits-last-year-saw-largest-increase-ever-number-permits/

I'm just another rat leaving the sinking NJ ship, primarily due to the taxes, and the town I live in on the fast track to become a city.

And NJ will probably never recover from Murphy getting elected in November.  He will work hard, unopposed, to revoke all 2A 'privileges' and turn NJ into a sanctuary state.

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DaveR said:

Been a NRA lifer for over 30 years, never noticed them having any interest in NJ, possibly I keep missing the articles on their lawsuits against NJ or fighting for our 2A rights.

The NRA seems to only chooses battles they can win and NJ is a lost cause.

I've seen it go from very few states issuing carry permits to the vast majority issuing, quite a bit of it with the NRA's help.

In NJ all I've seen is more and more restrictions and bans.

Kind of odd seeing NJ is listed as a state that issues CCW, but doing the math, NJ is a shall not issue state.

Looking at a recent report, NJ is dead last in carry permits issued per percent of adult population. ( download the full pdf from the site )

https://crimeresearch.org/2017/07/new-study-16-3-million-concealed-handgun-permits-last-year-saw-largest-increase-ever-number-permits/

I'm just another rat leaving the sinking NJ ship, primarily due to the taxes, and the town I live in on the fast track to become a city.

And NJ will probably never recover from Murphy getting elected in November.  He will work hard, unopposed, to revoke all 2A 'privileges' and turn NJ into a sanctuary state.

 

I see it more as, liberation forces are gaining ground and the front is approaching our porches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A woman who described herself as  an NRA rep who goes to hot spots where there are important votes was at my wife's Well Armed Women meeting last night. (Wife is really bad about names and stuff).

The woman was pushing that the 1 million or so gun owners in NJ can defeat Murphy if we all organize and vote. I don't see every gun owner voting, and a lot of people don't like to vote "against"" someone. However I DO think it's interesting that there appears to be more NRA presence. Maybe the war IS coming here.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it is never too late to relieve a besieged and surrounded populace - i had a call yesterday from a murphy rep - nice young girl....i am so glad i was home - i let her sing her schpeil - all i said was I live in Sussex Co. and I am an NRA life member - she said, VERBATIM - " Oh.." and promptly hung up.

 

Does that mean something?  I do not know - but they are starting early - us waiting for fall?  by then it is all over.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, JayWilling said:

A woman who described herself as  an NRA rep who goes to hot spots where there are important votes was at my wife's Well Armed Women meeting last night. (Wife is really bad about names and stuff).

The woman was pushing that the 1 million or so gun owners in NJ can defeat Murphy if we all organize and vote. I don't see every gun owner voting, and a lot of people don't like to vote "against"" someone. However I DO think it's interesting that there appears to be more NRA presence. Maybe the war IS coming here.

That woman is Melissa Gokmogol.  She's a little Firecracker to be sure!  Melissa is a Campaign Field Representative for the NRA-ILA's Grass Roots Division.  She is assigned to "South Jersey", but she did meet me for lunch in East Brunswick a couple weeks ago & also attended the Coalition's General membership Meeting in South Amboy last Tuesday evening together with Riccardo Regina & their boss Christian Ragosta.

The FIGHT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!  Time to roll-up sleeves & get-er DONE!  Here's Melissa's info since "the wife isn't good with names & such".  Call or text her so we can organize our side!  

Melissa Gokmogol

email:  melissa@nrafrontlines.com   702-755-4420

Just in-case you're not already a member of the Coalition: http://www.cnjfo.com/join-us 

Rosey

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nickjc said:

Does that mean something?  I do not know - but they are starting early - us waiting for fall?  by then it is all over.

 

4 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

I hope they call each and every person in this state

Whoa! Wait a minute now! Not picking on you two in particular, just using your quotes to demonstrate a point. To echo Rosey and others... please stop thinking of this situation as THEY. They will be calling people... nuh-uh! It is US, "we the people"....

You don't need "their" permission to start! Don't stand by waiting to be rescued by the NRA. This is OUR state, OUR rights. Starting NOW, every single time you're at a range, FFL, gun store counter, Wildlife Mgmt area, just start chatting up the person next to you - "Wow, I'm not usually political, but this Murphy guy would be just awful, huh?" Wait, see what they say. If they seem even slightly receptive or just unaware, step it up:

  • If he/she appears to be a so-called "Fudd" - then focus on how Murphy has bought the election, outspending Dems and Repubs combined, and yet he's already talking about raising taxes to bleed the rest of us dry! How he will be another Corzine. How we're already overtaxed and overburdened in this state. Mention that Guadagno is looking to cut costs, not add them. If they try to associate her with Christie, say something like, "I like to judge people on their own merits".
  • If the person you're talking to is holding a gun with more than 10 rounds, say, "He said he'll sign every piece of gun legislation that Christie vetoed. That gun in your hand right now...? It will be illegal." Then mention that the NRA finally has organizers working the state - because they're convinced the state can be swung in key areas... to keep this guy out. Tell them to pass the word to every gun owner they know that voting has NEVER been more imperative than this upcoming election.

Use something like the first bullet to talk to your neighbors, friends, colleagues, etc. - using non-gun issues.

NO ONE NEEDS TO WAIT TO SIMPLY TALK TO PEOPLE! And remember, some faceless campaign flunkie has FAR LESS IMPACT that a trusted person already in someone's social circle. So, your opinion carries FAR more weight and impact with people you know than you might realize.

And sign up on the contact list. I already sent my email to Riccardo - I'm on his list. He said they will be needing people to make calls and go door to door. I'm IN. What about the rest of you?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

 

Whoa! Wait a minute now! Not picking on you two in particular, just using your quotes to demonstrate a point. To echo Rosey and others... please stop thinking of this situation as THEY. They will be calling people... nuh-uh! It is US, "we the people"....

You don't need "their" permission to start! Don't stand by waiting to be rescued by the NRA. This is OUR state, OUR rights. Starting NOW, every single time you're at a range, FFL, gun store counter, Wildlife Mgmt area, just start chatting up the person next to you - "Wow, I'm not usually political, but this Murphy guy would be just awful, huh?" Wait, see what they say. If they seem even slightly receptive or just unaware, step it up:

  • If he/she appears to be a so-called "Fudd" - then focus on how Murphy has bought the election, outspending Dems and Repubs combined, and yet he's already talking about raising taxes to bleed the rest of us dry! How he will be another Corzine. How we're already overtaxed and overburdened in this state. Mention that Guadagno is looking to cut costs, not add them. If they try to associate her with Christie, say something like, "I like to judge people on their own merits".
  • If the person you're talking to is holding a gun with more than 10 rounds, say, "He said he'll sign every piece of gun legislation that Christie vetoed. That gun in your hand right now...? It will be illegal." Then mention that the NRA finally has organizers working the state - because they're convinced the state can be swung in key areas... to keep this guy out. Tell them to pass the word to every gun owner they know that voting has NEVER been more imperative than this upcoming election.

Use something like the first bullet to talk to your neighbors, friends, colleagues, etc. - using non-gun issues.

NO ONE NEEDS TO WAIT TO SIMPLY TALK TO PEOPLE! And remember, some faceless campaign flunkie has FAR LESS IMPACT that a trusted person already in someone's social circle. So, your opinion carries FAR more weight and impact with people you know than you might realize.

And sign up on the contact list. I already sent my email to Riccardo - I'm on his list. He said they will be needing people to make calls and go door to door. I'm IN. What about the rest of you?

....ummmmm. right.

 

So easy to pass judgement on what someone is perceived to have or have not done.

 

So easy to pass judgement on a choice of a pronoun. 

 

The problem really is, and hopefully that is changing,  but the NRA HAS been absent in NJ.....  the NRA CAN use vast amount s of money - of which to echo @bhunted use that war chest IN NJ .....  they seem to have nonprobke. Calling me for donations. ..yet when I ask the peon on the phone ABOUT NJ all they do is hem haw and explain how how I have to.......  then I ask why do you need my money then and the generally get flabbergasted and hang up.....but I digress.

 

@Smokin .50 and his group have been the most active I gave seen so far and kudos to them for doing so....others not so much...hey BTW weren't we supposed to be carrying now? According to the party of six or whatever the opportunists called themselves..are they still around 'fighting the good fight' for us....?  Dunno

 

The NRA of the we're more engaged in the past maybe THIS fight would not be as critical as it is.....MAYBE if the we're dedicated ground forces ALL the time by the NRA we would have more traction. ....  here it is AUGUST and only NOW aground game is being started?   Murphys stared last year. ...  TRUMP ground swell...HE is going to kill us in NJ with these continued antics.  

 

Look this battle will not be one in three months as it has been in the make and being lost for 30 years.....  long before I got to this state and maybe will be won long after I am gone from it.

 

And yes if THEY the NRA stays engaged and WE THE PEOPLE do our part. ..maybe things can turn around. ...maybe.  but Murphy will be your governor make nonmistake about it.  The DEMS need this state to go DEM to use as a push against republican presidents and congress....of which if the keep making fools of themselves - the midterms are going to be a slaughterhouse 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nickjc said:

....ummmmm. right.

 

So easy to pass judgement on what someone is perceived to have or have not done.

 

So easy to pass judgement on a choice of a pronoun. 

 

The problem really is, and hopefully that is changing,  but the NRA HAS been absent in NJ.....  the NRA CAN use vast amount s of money - of which to echo @bhunted use that war chest IN NJ .....  they seem to have nonprobke. Calling me for donations. ..yet when I ask the peon on the phone ABOUT NJ all they do is hem haw and explain how how I have to.......  then I ask why do you need my money then and the generally get flabbergasted and hang up.....but I digress.

 

@Smokin .50 and his group have been the most active I gave seen so far and kudos to them for doing so....others not so much...hey BTW weren't we supposed to be carrying now? According to the party of six or whatever the opportunists called themselves..are they still around 'fighting the good fight' for us....?  Dunno

 

The NRA of the we're more engaged in the past maybe THIS fight would not be as critical as it is.....MAYBE if the we're dedicated ground forces ALL the time by the NRA we would have more traction. ....  here it is AUGUST and only NOW aground game is being started?   Murphys stared last year. ...  TRUMP ground swell...HE is going to kill us in NJ with these continued antics.  

 

Look this battle will not be one in three months as it has been in the make and being lost for 30 years.....  long before I got to this state and maybe will be won long after I am gone from it.

 

And yes if THEY the NRA stays engaged and WE THE PEOPLE do our part. ..maybe things can turn around. ...maybe.  but Murphy will be your governor make nonmistake about it.  The DEMS need this state to go DEM to use as a push against republican presidents and congress....of which if the keep making fools of themselves - the midterms are going to be a slaughterhouse 

Murphy is up 27 on Guadagno, she’s having trouble raising money, the RGA won’t give her any, and she’s silent on the campaign trail.  

I’ve been giving my views on Murphy’s for quite some time but NJ is a state for sale and he’s promised something to everyone, including a tax increase for quite a number of folks.  

It’s virtually August 1st and if our candidate doesn’t show some energy, advertise and campaign, I’m not optimistic she can overcome the deficit.  

However every seat in the legislature is up too.  Perhaps some focus on replacing some of the current dem criminals will have a positive effect?  In the event Murphy wins, likely given the odds, he can’t sign legislation he doesn’t have should we make some progress in the legislature.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

Murphy is up 27 on Guadagno, she’s having trouble raising money, the RGA won’t give her any, and she’s silent on the campaign trail.  

I’ve been giving my views on Murphy’s for quite some time but NJ is a state for sale and he’s promised something to everyone, including a tax increase for quite a number of folks.  

It’s virtually August 1st and if our candidate doesn’t show some energy, advertise and campaign, I’m not optimistic she can overcome the deficit.  

However every seat in the legislature is up too.  Perhaps some focus on replacing some of the current dem criminals will have a positive effect?  In the event Murphy wins, likely given the odds, he can’t sign legislation he doesn’t have should we make some progress in the legislature.  

getting off the NRA topic here but....your post brings to mind Barb Buono from 2013 who was basically a sacrificial warm body. With the lack of perceived effort from Guadagno/ R party I'm getting the same idea for her.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, siderman said:

getting off the NRA topic here but....your post brings to mind Barb Buono from 2013 who was basically a sacrificial warm body. With the lack of perceived effort from Guadagno/ R party I'm getting the same idea for her.

I didn’t mean to post this and thought I had canceled.  I’d have completed my thought on yes we need the NRA but in NJ funding gun advocation isn’t going to help--much.  If the NRA wants to help fund the attack on Murphy’s misguided giveaway then I’d agree yes they can help   

My other point is that if the RGA thinks it’s not a good investment then why would the NRA?  

I also think the legislature is an important place to invest in perhaps thinning the democrat stronghold on both houses. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nickjc said:

....ummmmm. right.

So easy to pass judgement on what someone is perceived to have or have not done.

So easy to pass judgement on a choice of a pronoun. 

...

I've offended you, and that wasn't my intention, so I offer you my sincere apology. You're 100% correct that I don't know what you personally may have done or not done around these issues. And obviously, I didn't make it clear enough in my post that I wasn't singling you out personally.  

That said, my point that there is a general tone of defeatism on these forums and seemingly within NJ gun owners at large - and that defeatism is not at all helpful - still stands. You and I might have to just "agree to disagree" on that point.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peel,

For the most part Nick & others here are just blowing-off steam.  They've JOINED the organization and/or attended a fundraiser or two in order to help us gain traction.  But the apathetic lurkers are the real problem.  Imagine, all of you, what we could do with a $50 firearms "tax" per gun owner?  There's supposed to be a MILLION of us here in NJ, so that's 50 MILLION BUCK$ in a War Chest to do public relations campaigns with tv & radio, print ads all over the place.  Billboards, fairs, festivals all over.  We'd get a win for sure!  Now look in the mirror & ask why aren't you part of that movement!  Yes I used the word "tax" to draw additional attention to our cause.  The cause we fight on behalf of everyone here, even those that choose to buy another $500 worth of ammo on-line instead of joining...   http://www.cnjfo.com/join-us  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, siderman said:

getting off the NRA topic here but....your post brings to mind Barb Buono from 2013 who was basically a sacrificial warm body. With the lack of perceived effort from Guadagno/ R party I'm getting the same idea for her.

Unfortunately you're correct. Its eerily similar to Buono's situation. She was so disgusted she moved to California.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now