antimatter

inexpensive snubbie

I got this thing for snubbies, but dont want to break the bank (just got a PPQ) so what are my options for a budget snub? trying to keep it under 400

i have to figure this out because i have 23 days until i can buy again (dumbest law ever) !!!!

cheers

The 642/442 are still currently offered with no lock.

Yep, as the 642-1...

They also have 642s with the lock present... don't know the revision numbers. But if you can get one without, I say get one without.

I group S&W revolvers into three groups; pre-lock, no lock, and lock. Pre-lock is obviously revolvers before the lock came into production (2001/2002). Lock guns have the lock present. No lock guns are the ones S&W did without the lock, which started in the 2008/2009 time area (my 642-1 was picked up in April 2009).

My other S&W revolver is a pre-lock 629-1, which is a beautiful firearm (firing pin on the hammer and all). I've considered a TRR8, but considering I'm not a fan of .357 Magnum (like the eight shot cylinder), I am really putting it to the back of the list. Maybe S&W will expand their no-lock line... which hasn't happened in the past 8/9 years. Either way, it was way behind a SBR/suppressed CZ Scorpion Evo 3 when I move to Maine... and now even further behind it. [emoji41]

Some subliminal messages...

rjRKQWQ.jpg

rHaiERP.jpg

I love my J-frame. Had it redone in NP3+, Apex Duty/Carry kit, then picked up a converted 9mm cylinder and had it matched to the gun. The CT grips are always on it (very good training aid... if I use it in real life, so be it), but the LaserMax light was not normally on. Started messing with it, and very happy with it on the gun... so going to the Oaks gun show and have a holster made for it with the light.

I got the gun a little above your $400 limit, but was when the no-locks started showing up.

The LCR is also a very good revolver... but a very different trigger than a S&W. My father bought a .357 LCR, but is heavier than my Airweight. The 9mm is the same Magnum frame, but they do offer the LCRx with an exposed hammer... but think just in .38. Definitely dry fire one before you commit.