SmittyMHS

WOLF's steel case polyformance non-magnetic copper jacket?

I just started using this stuff just to see how it stacks up to their Gold. I have to say after a few hundred rounds its about even as far as accuracy/ f-t-f/ f-t-e goes. I just wouldn't call it as clean as Gold. I must go through 40 patches before the barrel STARTS to clean up. I'm using Hoppe's #9 as I have been since I was a kid. Anyone have a similar issue? Or have something new/better? I tried waiting longer before starting to run patches. Running about 20 patches then swabbing again w/ 9 and waiting again./longer. I don't mind taking a little longer to clean up to save a few bucks , but it's getting very old very fast.

t

My usual rifle barrel cleaning procedure is foam the bore with a foam cleaner, go do something else for 10min, run ONE patch through the barrel to get the sloppy foam remains out, run a bore snake through twice, and move on. If I'm not going to use the rifle for a couple of weeks and it is not chromed or otherwise coated, I'll put some oil on the boresnake before the last pass. 

I spend a lot more time cleaning the locking lugs or bolt carrier and bolt the barrel, and I don't do all that much of that either. Removing every spec of dirt is just not important. 

I've used the foaming MPro-7 bore cleaner on my AK and I'm always amazed how much gunk comes out . I also just run 1-3 patches through the barrel to clear the foam out of the barrel and follow-up with a bore snake. I'm guessing that if the foam can clean up the Wolf AK ammo, then it should work fine on the somewhat cleaner Wolf AR stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/M-Pro-Foaming-Cleaner-4-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B008MTJPH0

In my opinion, the MPro foaming cleaner does a better job than the Gunslick or Breakfree versions.