Stuntman22

Lodi Police Dept. Application Question

Hi,

I was asked by a good friend who lives in Lodi to be a voucher on his Firearms ID/Pistol Purchase etc. I have filled out a few of these before but this one asks that the questionare be notarized.

I have never seen this before. Is it common? I know Union City Police used to try and pull shenanagans like checking with employers and neighbors looking for any reason to deny.

Is requiring a notary legal? If yes, why don't all municipalities require it.

Thanks,

Stuntman  

When a friend in Cherry Hill (Camden County) last applied for a PPP and listed me as a reference, notarization of MY signature was required on the reference form.

Not really a big deal as most banks have at least one notary on staff.

And as far as legality goes, I don't see it as an infraction of the statute as they're not requiring anything additional of the applicant, just looking to verify the true identity of the person providing the reference.

IMHO, not legal. What's the purpose anyway?  They can look you up easily enough.  The whole reference thing is a ploy to restrict or slow down ownership.  Even the letter to employer is BS. I once was called to Inhuman Resources, manager asked what I wanted a handgun for. Both him and PD got an ear full.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, njJoniGuy said:

When a friend in Cherry Hill (Camden County) last applied for a PPP and listed me as a reference, notarization of MY signature was required on the reference form.

Not really a big deal as most banks have at least one notary on staff.

And as far as legality goes, I don't see it as an infraction of the statute as they're not requiring anything additional of the applicant, just looking to verify the true identity of the person providing the reference.

I agree.  One may not like it but I don't see any infraction there.

Calling employers is another issue.

• Like 1

Just another BS ploy to cut ownership & deny your 2nd right! If they ad more steps to get the permit people will stop buying guns!. We better fight corslime 2 tooth and nail!

Buddy of mine is in Elizabeth. They want notarizing and an illegal health form that gives the city the right to look at your whole medical record.  Seems this crap never ends.

3 hours ago, bhunted said:

Buddy of mine is in Elizabeth. They want notarizing and an illegal health form that gives the city the right to look at your whole medical record.  Seems this crap never ends.

You sure the latter isn't just the mental health record consent? 

I'm not even sure why they bother with a waiver for that. IN theory your background check is a police investigation, and police investigations are exempt form HIPPA regs, which is what the form is waiving. 

You sure the latter isn't just the mental health record consent? 
I'm not even sure why they bother with a waiver for that. IN theory your background check is a police investigation, and police investigations are exempt form HIPPA regs, which is what the form is waiving. 

Positive. He has to fill that out too.
You should be filling out the one form. The other is on city letter head and gives them rights to his records. Already checked with Dan Smutter. It is illegal.

Any PD when getting the results back from mental health forms, gets a yea or nay. Not detailed reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1