Sign in to follow this  
bcarlos

Smith and Wesson Mid Length AR 15

Sooo I apologize in advance if this rifle as been posted before, but I tried searching for it and found nothing. I have been without an AR for roughly two years. I thought I was moving out of state and sold my Daniel Defense to another member on this forum (hope its serving you well Lambo). However due to some new employment opportunities, I am here to stay. That being said, I am itching to get back to training and taking some carbine classes again. I am by no means new to the AR platform. However it looks like some of the "cheaper" ARs for sale are starting to offer a lot more bang for the buck. I am a firm believer that you don't need a $2,000 rifle to shoot well, so don't worry this thread isn't going the way of "whats better".  

I am sure everyone here is familiar with the Smith and Wesson M&P Sport II. However, I looking more towards their new or newish Mid Length rifle for sale on Buds for roughly $1,000 and I think S&W is still running their $75.00 rebate. Which really peaks my interest. The only criteria I have for this rifle is can it take some abuse and can it engage 300 yard targets (pretty simple stuff). I think this is a great deal for a mid length AR. Also I'd rather spend money else where ie optics, ammo, training. Maybe a rail or something as time goes on, but this configuration works just fine for me. The only issue I have is it doesn't seem like anyone really has any encounters with this specific one. Also it seems Smith ARs have been catching flack for having the right specs but poor quality/component material on the big AR forums. About 90% of me thinks many of these guys have more words per minute on the keyboard then rounds down range, but I figured I'd tap into my local community of shooters to see if I can get some opinions closer to home, in terms of quality. The link for the rifle is posted below. 

Thanks All

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/80161

1 hour ago, Lambo2936 said:

Yeah man i still have that Daniel. Thing's still my favorite AR.
The mewe group is supposed to be fantastic, but i can't find the group; must be set to be secrete and i have no idea how to get in lol.

Lambo2936,

It's a private group. I just sent you and Bcarlos invitations to join us. Check your emails.:)

• Like 1