Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtyDigz

The NRA Field Coordinator for all NJ - Christian Ragosta

33 posts in this topic

I attended the CNJFO meeting in South Amboy last night (thanks for the heads up Rosey, glad to meet you in person!).

The NRA had 3 field reps there:

North Jersey - Riccardo Regina (contact info in another thread in this sub forum)
South Jersey - Melissa (regret I don't remember her last name nor did I get a card from her. If anyone else can fill in her contact info I'd appreciate it)

State Field Coordinator - Christian Ragosta - I had a brief conversation with Christian (He's from NY State) and asked if I could share his contact info with this forum, to which he readily agreed.  He is pounding the table for volunteers to fight Murphy's campaign.

Christian Ragosta

Field Coordinator

NRA Institute for Legislative Action

Grassroots Division

11250 Waples Mill Road

Fairfax, VA 22030

cragosta@nrahq.org

2 people like this

The NRA-ILA is US.  Grass Roots.  Haven't seen anything?  Have you been on Facebook or the NRA's Frontline web site reading about all of the personal appearances?  Both Field Reps will be at the Coalition of NJ Firearm Owners' Picnic.  Wanna come?  Get tickets here: http://www.cnjfo.com 

i bailed on farcebook. too much stupid there. it's a time sucker. i haven't hit their web page lately, but will tomorrow to see what's going on.

appearances are good. but do those appearances pressure the legislature to roll back the illegal laws? do they bring attention of our illegal laws to a higher court? which i'm pretty sure that the nra has the wherewithall to do? do they rally support against murphy?

don't take me wrong. i'm thankful that they do anything at all....but i just feel(possibly incorrectly) that they could/should be kicking nj's ass, and they're not.

i won't be making a picnic i've not been getting outta the shop in time to do needed repairs and renovations to my house, so my sundays have been tied up doing that.

Getting people riled-up enough to CARE is the problem.  We eat our own.  "We" as a group write that no matter what we do, we'll get Murphy.  "We" write that we're planning an escape (leaving NJ), so we don't have time nor money to organize & fight.  The defeatist attitude of the typical Jersey gun owner is what we have to fight in order to gain ANY ground.  "We" think that the answer is to just sit on our asses & wait for the NRA to do SOMETHING.  We're like a herd of cats.

WE are the NRA.  Grass Roots Campaign Field Reps organize at GRASS ROOTS level.  That means US.  The NRA is spending money trying to get the uninformed gun owner to be INFORMED enough to hear the bugle call to ACTION.  So look in the mirror, all of you, and ask yourselves what have YOU done lately to protect YOUR Second Amendment Rights?  And hoarding guns & ammo doesn't count.  Building AR's, installing drop-in parts, making your evil black rifle look pretty with a new coat of paint and getting into 9mm vs. .45 ACP tiffs on the forum don't count either.

WTF happened to the force of Patriots who rode buses to a rally on the State House steps?

1 person likes this

Well, I'm not sure this is a factor... but people have lousy long-term memories and that's why the heaviest election canvassing is done immediately prior to elections, so the info is fresh in the voters minds.

So, I'm thinking those of us that signed up to volunteer (and those still planning to) will indeed be receiving requests for help at some point, but it won't be until closer to the election for that reason. Right now, they're probably just looking to get the volunteers signed up. (I'm sure there's a standard game plan to these types of operations). So, perhaps we can really only "judge" the NRA's activity at that time. 

You know, now that gun laws are looking so much BETTER in other states, is it possible that the tougher states - like NY, NJ, etc. - have perhaps now become the "logical" battleground for groups like the NRA? Maybe we now have their attention (almost by default). Regardless of their reasons for being here, my attitude is this: why screw it up with an apathetic response? That would only send them packing! How would that help us? Let's at least get them "in the game" now . OK, let's say the worst happens and Murphy DOES get in... wouldn't it be helpful if the NRA was engaged enough in this state that they could dip into their coffers to help fund the inevitable lawsuits that would follow? Gotta think long-term. We need to be giving them a robust, enthusiastic response when they solicit volunteers! Otherwise, we're shooting ourselves in the foot. That's how I see it anyway.

where were the nra attorneys when the party of six needed help? or recallsweeny people needed help? or on some of the nj2as campaigns? there were plenty of grass roots movements that to the best of my knowledge, they did nothing to help.

me personally, i spend an inordinate amount of time talking to anyone that'll listen about how ridicilous our laws are, and that technically speaking, they're illegal themselves(the laws that is). some people listen, some don't. some agree, some don't. but i do what i can. i'm sure you and most others do the same.

they've got high paid attorneys that know this stuff inside out. they could....if they sic'd them on nj, or other oppressive states.....have the illegal laws gone in a year or so. if i saw good movement, i'd be more apt to donate extra to them...but till then, they get nothing extra from me. i know i sound like a dick....but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Well, I'm not sure this is a factor... but people have lousy long-term memories and that's why the heaviest election canvassing is done immediately prior to elections, so the info is fresh in the voters minds.

So, I'm thinking those of us that signed up to volunteer (and those still planning to) will indeed be receiving requests for help at some point, but it won't be until closer to the election for that reason. Right now, they're probably just looking to get the volunteers signed up. (I'm sure there's a standard game plan to these types of operations). So, perhaps we can really only "judge" the NRA's activity at that time. 

You know, now that gun laws are looking so much BETTER in other states, is it possible that the tougher states - like NY, NJ, etc. - have perhaps now become the "logical" battleground for groups like the NRA? Maybe we now have their attention (almost by default). Regardless of their reasons for being here, my attitude is this: why screw it up with an apathetic response? That would only send them packing! How would that help us? Let's at least get them "in the game" now . OK, let's say the worst happens and Murphy DOES get in... wouldn't it be helpful if the NRA was engaged enough in this state that they could dip into their coffers to help fund the inevitable lawsuits that would follow? Gotta think long-term. We need to be giving them a robust, enthusiastic response when they solicit volunteers! Otherwise, we're shooting ourselves in the foot. That's how I see it anyway.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Herding Cats ain't easy, but we do the best we can.

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

where were the nra attorneys when the party of six needed help? or recallsweeny people needed help? or on some of the nj2as campaigns? there were plenty of grass roots movements that to the best of my knowledge, they did nothing to help.

I agree, they should have been there.  They weren't.

However, they're here now, and I'm not going to sh*t on them now.  We need every bit of help we can get against the Murphy machine.

I did get an email looking for volunteers for the NRA's booth at the Sussex Co. fair (I was not able to attend that week).

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

I agree, they should have been there.  They weren't.

However, they're here now, and I'm not going to sh*t on them now.  We need every bit of help we can get against the Murphy machine.

I did get an email looking for volunteers for the NRA's booth at the Sussex Co. fair (I was not able to attend that week).

that's a question that's not answered yet. what're they doing to fight against him. helping us that is.

i haven't gotten anything from them email or snailmail other than begging for more money.

16 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

that's a question that's not answered yet. what're they doing to fight against him. helping us that is.

i haven't gotten anything from them email or snailmail other than begging for more money.

I understand - ideally the NRA would show up here with a comprehensive, detailed plan backed with resources and support and they'd be reaching out far in advance to every current NRA member in NJ to rally them.

That's not happening so far, apparently.  So does that mean we should all sit around and do nothing?

Take the initiative and reach out to them - they want volunteers.

Here's Christian's phone and email again - contact him, tell him your criticisms (I said much of the same to him already), but then move past it and let him know you'd like to help however you can:

Christian Ragosta

Field Coordinator

NRA Institute for Legislative Action

cragosta@nrahq.org

3 people like this

I'll be chatting with both Field Reps tomorrow at the Coalition's Picnic.  I'll relay the need for an email blast to every NRA member in the state :) .  Hope to see some of you tomorrow!

Rosey

1 person likes this

On 7/26/2017 at 0:27 PM, DirtyDigz said:

I attended the CNJFO meeting in South Amboy last night (thanks for the heads up Rosey, glad to meet you in person!).

The NRA had 3 field reps there:

North Jersey - Riccardo Regina (contact info in another thread in this sub forum)
South Jersey - Melissa (regret I don't remember her last name nor did I get a card from her. If anyone else can fill in her contact info I'd appreciate it)

Her name is Melissa Gokmogol.  She is the South Jersey NRA Field Representative (basically south of I-195).  Melissa has conducted several NRA days (to gather volunteer support) at South Jersey firearms dealers and ranges such as Centaur Firearms, ShootersNJ, the Atlantic County Firearms Training Facility, Bob's Little Sport Shop and South Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club.  She has also spoken at club meetings of the Well Armed Women (Atlantic and Cape May chapters).  She hooked me in at the NRA Day at Centaur Firearms and I volunteered to work several county fairs to get more volunteers.  We actually did well, provided the people that gave us their contact information were serious about change in this state.

Melissa's e-mail is Melissa@nrailafrontlines.com

1 person likes this

On 8/31/2017 at 4:50 PM, dilbert1967 said:

Her name is Melissa Gokmogol.  She is the South Jersey NRA Field Representative (basically south of I-195).  Melissa has conducted several NRA days (to gather volunteer support) at South Jersey firearms dealers and ranges such as Centaur Firearms, ShootersNJ, the Atlantic County Firearms Training Facility, Bob's Little Sport Shop and South Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club.  She has also spoken at club meetings of the Well Armed Women (Atlantic and Cape May chapters).  She hooked me in at the NRA Day at Centaur Firearms and I volunteered to work several county fairs to get more volunteers.  We actually did well, provided the people that gave us their contact information were serious about change in this state.

Melissa's e-mail is Melissa@nrailafrontlines.com

Riccardo Regina is no longer the NRA North Jersey Field Coordinator.  Melissa will being covering the entire state.  I helped her out at the NJ Outdoor Expo at Collier's Mill yesterday.  The event was huge and we had a lot of people interested in what we had to say.  Some signed up to volunteer at other events.

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

Riccardo Regina is no longer the NRA North Jersey Field Coordinator.  Melissa will being covering the entire state.  I helped her out at the NJ Outdoor Expo at Collier's Mill yesterday.  The event was huge and we had a lot of people interested in what we had to say.  Some signed up to volunteer at other events.

I'm not at all trying to cast negativity - goodness knows, we have too much of that around here already! But, I am curious... was there any reason given for the change? Or was this part of the plan all along?...to start with 2 during the startup and then scale back to 1 state rep? Because I do suspect this may not be interpreted well by many in the firearms community.

A little more communication from the NRA as to what's happening - and what's the plan (both pre- and post-election) would be most welcome right around now. I'm pretty stunned that they haven't emailed directly to their NJ members already. Are they just testing the waters? 

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm not at all trying to cast negativity - goodness knows, we have too much of that around here already! But, I am curious... was there any reason given for the change? Or was this part of the plan all along?...to start with 2 during the startup and then scale back to 1 state rep? Because I do suspect this may not be interpreted well by many in the firearms community.

A little more communication from the NRA as to what's happening - and what's the plan (both pre- and post-election) would be most welcome right around now. I'm pretty stunned that they haven't emailed directly to their NJ members already. Are they just testing the waters? 

Give her a call and ask

10 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Give her a call and ask

I was thinking I'll actually call NRA HQ tomorrow and ask a slew of questions. I'll report back what I find out.

Edit: I guess I'll call that guy Christian. That's a Virginia phone number so I guess he's at the HQ.

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I was thinking I'll actually call NRA HQ tomorrow and ask a slew of questions. I'll report back what I find out.

Edit: I guess I'll call that guy Christian. That's a Virginia phone number so I guess he's at the HQ.

Like a machine of good, you are!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Melissa doesn't know why Riccardo is no longer in NJ.  I asked her.  Mrs. Peel, you had the right idea by calling Fairfax, VA.  Christian (or his supervisor) would be the one to shred light on this, unless it is a personnel performance issue.  Then he/she may not comment on it.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Melissa lives in Trenton with her two cats.  I'm supposed to meet her again for lunch this week or next & to strategize.  She reports to Christian.  They all have cells with Virginia 702 & 703 area codes because the phone numbers belong to the NRA-ILA.  Christian lives in Syracuse, NY and he's got a 703 area code phone:  703-638-8257.  He told me about Riccardo last Thursday and asked that I relay his number if anyone needs "filled-in".  Suffice to say it's water under the bridge & Melissa can handle it since she's very motivated and helped turn Iowa RED for last years' election! Melissa will be attending the Coalition's General Membership Meeting to be held at RTSP this Wednesday evening at 7pm in Randolph Twp., NJ on Rt. 10 East.  PUBLIC INVITED, no membership required to attend! :) 

57 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Melissa lives in Trenton with her two cats.  I'm supposed to meet her again for lunch this week or next & to strategize.  She reports to Christian.  They all have cells with Virginia 702 & 703 area codes because the phone numbers belong to the NRA-ILA.  Christian lives in Syracuse, NY and he's got a 703 area code phone:  703-638-8257.  He told me about Riccardo last Thursday and asked that I relay his number if anyone needs "filled-in".  Suffice to say it's water under the bridge & Melissa can handle it since she's very motivated and helped turn Iowa RED for last years' election! Melissa will be attending the Coalition's General Membership Meeting to be held at RTSP this Wednesday evening at 7pm in Randolph Twp., NJ on Rt. 10 East.  PUBLIC INVITED, no membership required to attend! :) 

Truly, not trying to be a buttinsky. My only interest is these 2 things:

1) is there continuity of service? For instance, my contact info (and many others) was provided directly to Riccardo - does Melissa have access to all that? (Hey, I never ASSUME anything when someone leaves a job...). ... and...

2) what's the plan?... and when will that get mapped out in corresponding communications? (e.g., like an email from the NRA to NJ residents, with the same bullet points perhaps reiterated at upcoming NRA dinners, etc) - is all that coming at some point? And when? Elections are around the corner! Are they just short of hands in their comms dept? (Not being snarky either - they're working 50 diff states). Or, is it that they're hesitant to put any "promises" in print until they see how "we" respond? They have done a poor job of providing "the big picture".  Not sure this guy can/will offer any of that up... but I'm gonna ask anyway! Regardless of what I hear, I will still step up if and when called... but I always like to know/assess the overarching strategy.

I wrote to Melissa to explain what the forum is & is NOT.  I encouraged her to sign-on & answer your questions herself.  She's contacting Christian to see if he OK's it.  Then she can answer you directly.  OR you can text her on her phone.

Rosey is a little tired, so hitting the sack soon.

15 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Melissa will also be attending the NJ Safe Conference at the Princeton Marriott (off US Route 1) this Saturday.  Not sure if she'll have an exhibit table or will be mingling with the crowd to introduce herself.

2 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

Melissa will also be attending the NJ Safe Conference at the Princeton Marriott (off US Route 1) this Saturday.  Not sure if she'll have an exhibit table or will be mingling with the crowd to introduce herself.

Just so no one else gasps (like I did, LOL)... NJ Safe Conference is NEXT Saturday (Sept 23rd).

1 person likes this

Christian Ragosta is still waiting for a phone call from someone here & he missed a call from someone in Medford that didn't leave a message.  Both of those callers as well as anyone else here or anywhere with questions is welcome to call him!  703-638-8257.  If you hear a ring & then a beep it means he's on the phone with another party, so please leave a message!

On 9/11/2017 at 3:50 PM, dilbert1967 said:

Riccardo Regina is no longer the NRA North Jersey Field Coordinator.  Melissa will being covering the entire state.

He was a no show at scheduled "Meet & Greet" at Heritage Guild in Branchburg a few months ago. I waited 15-20 minutes past start time and store called him to make sure he was okay but he never picked up.  I had also emailed and left vms for him with no response.  Guess this explains why I never heard from him.  I also signed up to volunteer direcrly on NRA website to be an NRA-ILA volunteer and never heard anything back.

I'll try reaching out to Melissa but honestly it sounds like if the NRA was going to get involved in NJ politics (and I seriosly question how much they intended to do so) than they blew it.  At least this election cycle.

I had read the NRA wanted to support Kim for Governor but wouldn't due to her stance or lack there of on the 2nd Amendment.  Unfortunately without NRA support it certainly does nothing to slow down Murphy who is a known staunch anti.  While Kim isn't a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment she is better than Phil "I'll sign every anti-gun measure Christie vetoed" Murphy.  Why not support her and work on her views if she wins rather than silently sitting back and watching a known enemy of your cause win?

It seems like the NRA is shooting itself in the foot in several ways.  They won't support one candidate because she isn't "pro" enough which does zero to slow a staunch anti from winning.  They also made noise about getting involved in NJ, asking for volunteers, etc but yet less than two months out from election day it appears little has been done or organized.

I hope I'm wrong.  

9 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

Christian Ragosta is still waiting for a phone call from someone here & he missed a call from someone in Medford that didn't leave a message.  Both of those callers as well as anyone else here or anywhere with questions is welcome to call him!  703-638-8257.  If you hear a ring & then a beep it means he's on the phone with another party, so please leave a message!

I haven't forgotten! I got tied up with work. I have a list of questions jotted down. Will try him in the morning!

32 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

It seems like the NRA is shooting itself in the foot in several ways.  They won't support one candidate because she isn't "pro" enough which does zero to slow a staunch anti from winning.  They also made noise about getting involved in NJ, asking for volunteers, etc but yet less than two months out from election day it appears little has been done or organized.

I hope I'm wrong.  

I hope you're wrong too. I'll be interested to hear what the strategy is... and will pass along what I hear. 

Yes Glenn, you're wrong about SOME of what you wrote.  Unfortunately my lack of sleep, constant driving this week and arthritis won't let me separate & answer all that is happening.  Lots has been done & lots is organized.  Social media is KING!  Shoot me a PM with your phone number so we can chat about everything Melissa has done thus far & the 14 hr days she puts in :)