Can anyone help me find the stats on how many people in NJ apply for CCLs, and how many of those applications get rejected?  

I'm having an online argument on a military forum (I'm a retired Marine).  Some guy thinks concealed-carry-restrictive states such as New Jersey and California are not violating the 2nd Amendment since they have a process for getting a permit, my response is it is a de facto ban if the vast majority of permit applicants are denied, but it's hard to make that argument without stats to back it up. 

22 minutes ago, CJ Broz said:

Can anyone help me find the stats on how many people in NJ apply for CCLs, and how many of those applications get rejected?  

I'm having an online argument on a military forum (I'm a retired Marine).  Some guy thinks concealed-carry-restrictive states such as New Jersey and California are not violating the 2nd Amendment since they have a process for getting a permit, my response is it is a de facto ban if the vast majority of permit applicants are denied, but it's hard to make that argument without stats to back it up. 

Need to search D.C.. the scheme mirrors nj. And I recall a quote from the " substitute judge"... " an environment of mis information to influence individuals from applying "

i think it was more poetic. Around those few days D.C. Was defacto constitutional carry. Then they moved the " substitute judge".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJ Broz said:

Any "online arguments" with anyone who thinks having a "process" is good enough to satisfy 2A, are often unproductive, no matter the stats. Process is like a butt hole. Everyone got one and they stink. So is NJ & CA CCL processes. 

Better question is, out of 1000s of people who hangout here on NJ Gun Forums, how come not one has a NJ CCL ? If NJ has a reasonable process, how come there are lawsuits in NJ Courts with instances of people being denied as CCL for no good reason other than "not meeting justifiable need" ?

And its same type of guy / gal who argues that banning certain firearms is NOT against 2A as 2A never mentioned specific weapons. Or that you need to be in active duty to bear arms because 2A says "militia". Or that registration is ok because 2A does not prohibit it. 

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By fuzzynukes
      Friday I had a phone call with my town's Chief of Police and he said that my application for my firearms id and two handgun permits is going to be rejected. He said the reason is because I was involuntary committed back in 2008 for two days and didn't put it on my application. (Long story short, I am not suicidal and never have been. This was just basically my being stupid and having a cry for attention then my parents overreacted and then I'm in a mental institution for two days.)  The reason I didn't put it on is because I forgot about it but that's a moot point at this stage. He also said the only other thing the investigation found was a disorderly conduct also in 2008 but nothing in the 14 years since. He said that if I plan to appeal, he's 99% sure if I explained everything to the judge and had a letter from a doctor saying that I'm not a threat to myself or others and won't be if I do have firearms, then there is a high chance I will win my appeal.  However, I am reading a bunch of court decisions and the judges are denying appeals because they answered no for the hospitalization when it was yes regardless of the circumstances.

I am debating just going to my police department first thing Monday morning and asking to withdraw my application and then just resubmit it with the commitment information on it. However, I don't know if I even have any information from my commitment. I can't even name the place where it was. I can probably get it from the police but I'm not sure.

Do you think I should just withdraw and resubmit it, even though it took 3 months from when I turned in my application until the phone call with my Chief of Police, or should I just have a meeting with my doctor or find a psychiatrist to meet and get them to write a letter saying that I'm not a threat to myself or others?

If any of you have been in similar situations, please let me know what you did and how it turned out.  I'm really burning out my brain thinking of what to do here.
    • By SMOKIE901
      Can anyone who has a FLORIDA Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit explain the details on how it is done to obtain?
    • By salvatorejrc
      Hello,
      I have two questions regarding FID application. So I have seen three psychiatrists for ADD, and while I know this is not a disqualifying factor, I do not know the exact dates or years that I attended, and mind you that I am currently 20 and attended from ages around 7 to 17 or 18. This is a problem because the application asks this, and then asks for the names and dates of such occurences. Is it okay if I state that I do not know the dates of such occurences, or if I give the date estimations of which (I do know the names)? 
      My second question is regarding references. I do not know any police officers well enough to be able to ask them to use them for my FID, so will two friends that I grew up with do just fine? Thank you.
    • By ChrisJM981
      Watch for progress on the Rogers & ANJRPC CCW case vs NJ AG, et al. 
      This was listed in another thread, but I thought it will need it's own space to avoid hijacking Rosey's CNJFO thread. 

https://certpool.com/dockets/18-824?fbclid=IwAR2GBSTRnMnR15m914PMdkd7IYl3vrwjPPAXmw-Mt2Pgz1todMU5Gcc17cY

What are your thoughts? I think we're going to Washington!