Can anyone help me find the stats on how many people in NJ apply for CCLs, and how many of those applications get rejected?  

I'm having an online argument on a military forum (I'm a retired Marine).  Some guy thinks concealed-carry-restrictive states such as New Jersey and California are not violating the 2nd Amendment since they have a process for getting a permit, my response is it is a de facto ban if the vast majority of permit applicants are denied, but it's hard to make that argument without stats to back it up. 

22 minutes ago, CJ Broz said:

Can anyone help me find the stats on how many people in NJ apply for CCLs, and how many of those applications get rejected?  

I'm having an online argument on a military forum (I'm a retired Marine).  Some guy thinks concealed-carry-restrictive states such as New Jersey and California are not violating the 2nd Amendment since they have a process for getting a permit, my response is it is a de facto ban if the vast majority of permit applicants are denied, but it's hard to make that argument without stats to back it up. 

Need to search D.C.. the scheme mirrors nj. And I recall a quote from the " substitute judge"... " an environment of mis information to influence individuals from applying "

i think it was more poetic. Around those few days D.C. Was defacto constitutional carry. Then they moved the " substitute judge".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJ Broz said:

Any "online arguments" with anyone who thinks having a "process" is good enough to satisfy 2A, are often unproductive, no matter the stats. Process is like a butt hole. Everyone got one and they stink. So is NJ & CA CCL processes. 

Better question is, out of 1000s of people who hangout here on NJ Gun Forums, how come not one has a NJ CCL ? If NJ has a reasonable process, how come there are lawsuits in NJ Courts with instances of people being denied as CCL for no good reason other than "not meeting justifiable need" ?

And its same type of guy / gal who argues that banning certain firearms is NOT against 2A as 2A never mentioned specific weapons. Or that you need to be in active duty to bear arms because 2A says "militia". Or that registration is ok because 2A does not prohibit it. 

• Like 3