CageFighter

poss move to Cherry Hill area...towns to avoid?

Hey guys, since I work in Swedesboro and live in north NJ, my wife got approval to move to her Marlton office in So Jersey for Jan '18.  Looking to rent in the Cherry Hill area, but do not want to move to an ANTI-gun town where I'll be harrassed for my permits, etc.  Ideally, I wish I can move to PA, but wife resistant to it.  Any suggestions on gun friendly towns?  I dont want her to be more than 30 minutes.  (thanks in advance)

13 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Permit-wise I've never had a problem with Mount Laurel. It borders Marlton.  Also very easy access to 295 or NJTP.

Biggest problem is not permits. The closest range is 45 minutes away. 

I would easily do 45 minutes to get to a range. I did it all the time to get from Hackettstown to Herritage Guild in Easton, PA.

31 minutes ago, DaddyNick said:

I'm in marlton. Haven't applied for permits in a long time. So not sure about that. Range 14 is 30-40 Minutes away. 

Telco in Atco is 20-25 minutes. 

Sportsmen center and Cheyenne are 30-35 minutes north. 

SJSC is about the same (45'ish) from Mtl. Probably closer for Marlton depending how close to Voorhees/Berlin you are. 

5 hours ago, CageFighter said:

Hey guys, since I work in Swedesboro and live in north NJ, my wife got approval to move to her Marlton office in So Jersey for Jan '18.  Looking to rent in the Cherry Hill area, but do not want to move to an ANTI-gun town where I'll be harrassed for my permits, etc.  Ideally, I wish I can move to PA, but wife resistant to it.  Any suggestions on gun friendly towns?  I dont want her to be more than 30 minutes.  (thanks in advance)

I believe Medford, and Medford lakes have own PD. All outliers fall to NJSP 6 months easy.

Cinaminson area I'm at 30 days yesterday.

Maple shade, pensauken are shit holes. Avoid. Regardless. I'd suggest Burlington county vs north Camden county.

I live in Delran which is Northeast of Cinnaminson.  It's been awhile since I put in for permits but I've dealt with 2 of the 3 Sgts that do the firearm paperwork and both were pretty cool last time I dealt with them I think I got them back around 20-30 days, but again it's been awhile. 

Nice to place to live, been here since 2003.  Close to 130, 295 and 38, also close to plenty of shopping centers.  I shoot at CJRPC which is definitely a good 45 mins away.  There is a gun range in Delran but it is limited compared to CJ, not only in facilities but hours as well, link below...

http://www.delranjuniormarksman.com/

They're also supposed to be building a new indoor range (Legacy) that goes out to 100yrds in Cinnaminson but not sure when that's supposed to happen as another post elsewhere nothing's been done yet at the site for the range portion...

One note, I know you said you are renting for now, but should you decide to buy at some point, do pay attention to the taxes.  I realize taxes in North Jersey are high and maybe higher than anything down here but some places in the south are worse than others. 

stratford's pretty nice. got a few apt. complexes to watch out for though. somerdale and magnolia the same. lindenwold........if you're gonna rent in the garden lake section, ok....otherwise....think minicamden. vooheees and cherry hill both nice, but stupid expensive.

Eastampton Twp.  

Pros:
Large military population, many rental complexes with vacancies available
Close to 295, Exit 5 NJTP,  Rt.130, Rt.38 and Rt.206.  
Zero problems with permits~ 3 to 4 weeks.
Pro gun police force from personal experience ...largely pro gun area. 
Range in PA (RAF) about 20 mins.  Or 25 mins to Range 14, on Ft. Dix/McGuire. 
Local gun shop (Centaur Arms) is 5 mins away.
Decent dive bars like John and Molly's.  

Cons:
Congested traffic area with new construction and roadwork impedes rush hour traffic.
Shitty local restaurants.

You are missing the point of moving. It's supposed to make your life better by moving to a location with like-minded people.  In this case anything east of the Delaware is a bad idea. It doesn't matter how fast the permit process is, most things will be banned in a few months 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SW9racer said:

You are missing the point of moving. It's supposed to make your life better by moving to a location with like-minded people.  In this case anything east of the Delaware is a bad idea. It doesn't matter how fast the permit process is, most things will be banned in a few months 

Why jus take it? What is wrong with you people!

dude, you will never win acting like a looser 

14 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

I don’t know the geography but are the towns you two work in close to DE or PA?

i work on Commerce Blvd in Swedesboro (x10 on 295), wifes new office on Eves Dr, Marlton, NJ 08053.  I prefer to drive further.