CageFighter

poss move to Cherry Hill area...towns to avoid?

7 hours ago, CageFighter said:

bc wife doesnt want to go to PA, plus I think getting a CCW permit outta Philthy maybe tuff w/ all their BS.

If she doesn’t want to live in PA my point is moot but you wouldn’t have to live in Philly. 

I moved to Lumberton from Cherry Hill in 2002.  The increase in quality of life is unbeleivable.

Lumberton has a gun friendly PD, 3-4 weeks max for permits, no problem having them extended either.  The way it should be.  School system is good.  Range 14 is about 25 mins, CJRPC where I belong is 40-45 mins.  Centaur Firearms is in Lumberton.

Depending where in Marlton she is going, 20-30 mins.  295 not far for you.

I'll try to elaborate on the quality of life aspect.  The Cherry Hill/Marlton area is very congested.  You would have to think ahead traffic wise if you hade to go anywhere, Home Depot, shopping, etc.  Lumberton has everything you would need, Lowes, Shop-Rite, Gun Store, Beer/Liquor distributer, Wawa, Wal-Mart, etc,

Hainesport is the next town over, same thing except no PD, must use NJSP.

Let me know if you have any questions.

John

No offense, but aren't there bigger concerns than what town is quick at gun permits? As far as I know, even the worst NJ towns can drag you around for months but still have to give you a permit...eventually. 

If I were moving, I'd consider the local rental/real estate market, access to highways and amenities, what type of stores, restaurants, community are in the area, how far I am from family/friends, the list goes on, etc. long before if I have to wait an extra 2 months for a permit. 

• Like 2

I like Lumberton. A smaller town surrounded by Mount Laurel, Moorestown, and Mt Holly. Pretty easy to get to 295, or out to the Pines, or Shore. Committing to Marlton could be a pain but nothing unheard of for the whole area. It is an up and coming area so Johnny Condo-seed is sprouting house-farms all over the place there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk