High Exposure

LaRue Rifle kit $891

8 hours ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

someone tell me that i have no need to buy an ar right now no matter how good of a deal it is....  please.... i lack the self control to keep having this deal float past my feed....

Wanna see pics?

Lmao you guys are too much for me..

10 hours ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

someone tell me that i have no need to buy an ar right now no matter how good of a deal it is....  please.... i lack the self control to keep having this deal float past my feed....

I apologize, but i simply can't lie to you like that. It's immoral.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

Sounds like you need an AR. 

• Like 1

Received and opened my box last night. Didnt have much time to look at it (maybe 30 seconds) but i must say compared to my larue scope mounts the quality/finish isnt that great. Theres what im pretty sure is machine marks on the forward assist, and the finish doesnt even close to match between the rail and upper, which is odd given both are LaRue products. Curious as to if the upper will match my lower. The stuff they include is awesome though; seems like they rushed these out the door and skimped on qc or maybe thats just how they are? Hopefully ive got more time to look at it today.

4 hours ago, fatty said:

well that's a bummer

Yeah tell me about it. Kinda disappointed. Im looking at replacing their entire poly kit as well to cut down on weight; the stock they include is beautiful but far too heavy given we cant use the adjustability. Going to probably just put a cheapo magpul fixed stock on there along with a magpul grip. Will add pix in a sec.

Edit: Just found out the stock is insanely heavy because on top of its bulky size, its also got a cleaning rod kit inside of it? Who'd have thought lol.. now i dont know if to put on a lighter stock as it may throw off the balance. Barrel is only 14.5" but fairly heavy. Id imagine if i cut too much weight off the back the balance will be way off.

Another edit: upon further review since i had a chance to open the box again, looks like those tool marks (which are both visible and can clearly be felt) are on all rounded surfaces such as the deflector, as well.. very odd. My 90$ Aero lower honestly looks better, at least as far as finish/cosmetics goes. That said it seems like the finishes match pretty well so no complaints. I can live with the tool marks or whatever the heck those are. The rail must be a different process; its far more matte than the receiver. Not sure why they wouldnt put the same finish on both but id imagine with Larue theres a reason. 

Here are some pix. Some components are just crazy friggin heavy. 

20170825_113608.jpg

20170825_113553.jpg

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

I got a call from LaRue today. My upper is shipping out Monday. 

As for the tool marks - its a billet upper, not forged. You'll get tool marks as it was cut from a solid block of aluminum, not forged.

Yeah ill live with it, not a big deal, just didnt expect that; youd think theyd spend the extra little bit to sand those areas or whatever it might take. What really annoyed me was the color difference. Its fairly blatant lol. At least the upper will match my lower so ill live with it. Think ill keep the stock & just pin it. Its a nice stock, im hoping the extra weight will help balance the rifle given the weight of the warden and pretty darn heavy barrel. Guess im just spoiled with my DDM4V5LW lol. Gotta find time to do some learnin so i can assemble the upper and lower.

So i started assembling things with the help of some googlin'...

The 14.5" barrel thats included seems a bit heavy to me. Im contemplating selling it and purchasing a lightweight barrel. Does that sound stupid? I feel like if im doing a 14.5" build i should go all out, no? Its significantly thicker than the barrel on my daniel defense ddm4v5lw. I love the weight of my DD and dont want a shorter barreled firearm that weighs even more than it does!

Let me know what you guys think. Maybe im being stupid. If anyones interested, let me know.

LOL Ok i'll take your word for it. The kit is growing on me. The bit i did start putting together is looking pretty darn badass, all things considered. Also, assembling these things is far more entertaining than i thought. 

Yeah, it sucks that they dont offer a 14.5" Barrel in their other line, only the Stealth ones. Hopefully the weight of this rifle isn't too crazy. Odds are, at least where i'm at right now, the accuracy of the barrel isn't really THAT important as long as i was to stick with a higher end barrel. Any quality barrel is going to be more accurate than i am, unfortunately, lol.

Having the correct tools is awesome, too. Glad i dropped the coin and purchased whatever i needed rather than trying to make do.

8 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

So i started assembling things with the help of some googlin'...

The 14.5" barrel thats included seems a bit heavy to me. Im contemplating selling it and purchasing a lightweight barrel. Does that sound stupid? I feel like if im doing a 14.5" build i should go all out, no? Its significantly thicker than the barrel on my daniel defense ddm4v5lw. I love the weight of my DD and dont want a shorter barreled firearm that weighs even more than it does!

Let me know what you guys think. Maybe im being stupid. If anyones interested, let me know.

I feel your judgement is... impaired