High Exposure

LaRue Rifle kit $891

LaRue is having a smoking sale on a rifle kit. It comes with everything you need to build a high quality "Tier 1" rifle except the lower receiver.

http://www.larue.com/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit?mc_cid=b28aced1b2&mc_eid=d86a48472f

LaRue Ultimate AR-15 Upper Kit

For all you quality conscious AR15 do-it-yourselfers, this upper kit is the absolute pinnacle of Ultra-Precision.

For you wannabe quality conscious AR15 do-it-yourselfers, this kit will be awesome to cut your AR assembly teeth on.

Three weeks ago we offered a run of a marvelous, complete 6.5 Grendel rifles based off these same upper components - and it sold very well. But many calls came in saying "take my money - sell me the parts!!". Okay, we listened, for a limited time, you can now get the satisfaction of putting together the finest upper build kit ever offered on the planet Earth, and at a smokin' price, pick from 3 great calibers - 6.5 Grendel, .300 BLK, 5.56x45.

Be undaunted  - our rifle techs are standing by the phones to answer any and all of your questions - 512-259-1585

What’s in the box:
LaRue Stealth 2.0 Upper Receiver (M4 feedramps) with forward assist and dust cover installed
LaRue Stealth 2.0 Handguard with Barrel Nut and Barrel Nut Wrench
Mil-spec Charging Handle
Mil-spec Bolt Carrier Group
LaRue Barrel
LaRue LT202 Gas Block and Gas Tube
LaRue Tranquilo Muzzle Brake
LaRue RAT Stock with RAT Rod Kit
LaRue LT629 Receiver Extension Tube, Castle Nut, Latch Plate, Carbine Spring and Buffer
LaRue LT-TAC Trigger Action Chassis with APEG grip, safety, and LTMBT-2S Trigger installed
Lower Parts Kit (all remaining springs, pins and detents to complete out your stripped lower)
Index Clips

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

LaRue is having a smoking sale on a rifle kit. It comes with everything you need to build a high quality "Tier 1" rifle except the lower receiver.

http://www.larue.com/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit?mc_cid=b28aced1b2&mc_eid=d86a48472f

Comes out to $792 if you do it in black! $100 is worth a complete cerakote over anodizing though.

Id love to order this but im clueless as to what to pick LOL.
Ive been looking to buy a 14.5" AR.
Not sure if to go with the 10 or 13" rail. Also, im assuming the brake won't come pinned.. What lower would i get to match FDE or Black? I can't find stripped lowers on their site or do they not even have their own lowers?

If i can find what lower i need to get and what it costs ill probably get a black one with FDE polymer kit or somethin.

So, apparently they stopped selling lowers a few years ago.... whats a good lower that would go well with a LaRue kit like this one in Black?

• Like 1

Anyone know what lowers work with these kits or if ANY lower would work? Whats a high end/similar quality lower that would work and look badass? Looks like they no longer sell lowers for whatever reason.
I wish they had pics of the 10 and 13" rails as i have no idea what would go well with it.. and any idea if they pin the brakes for 14.5" barrel rifles? I know for actual rifles its mandatory that they pin it before shipping.

50 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

I can't order because ill have to hack off the break. Hoping they get back to me monday so that i can find out if i can switch it out for another one..

Would getting a gunsmith to weld a washer over the front of the FH work ? I had a gunsmith ream out the bore size of one of the muzzle brakes I have.

Also, Aero makes FDE lowers.

Just now, Schrödinger's cat said:

Would getting a gunsmith to weld a washer over the front of the FH work ? I had a gunsmith ream out the bore size of one of the muzzle brakes I have.

I have no idea. If they could send me a brake of similar price i would be all over it, no doubt about it. Ill call them first thing in the AM.

11 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

I just ordered a 12” assembled.  What a great deal.

Is it worth the extra 200$ for assembly? Seems a little steep, no? What's it cost to pin a brake and stock and have the rifle assembled if i was to do it at a local gunsmith? TBH i've never built an AR.. wondering if its a good idea for me to try my luck on a kit like this. Was thinking black with FDE poly kit.

6 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

Is it worth the extra 200$ for assembly? Seems a little steep, no? What's it cost to pin a brake and stock and have the rifle assembled if i was to do it at a local gunsmith? TBH i've never built an AR.. wondering if its a good idea for me to try my luck on a kit like this. Was thinking black with FDE poly kit.

I don’t need anything pinned because it’s SBR going to FL. It is a little steep because I’m not doing those things.  Assembling an AR is really not difficult at all. And I’ve done many   I was just being lazy because I’ve been working and traveling so much it could end up sitting for months before I get to it.  

You can assemble it yourself and take it to someone to pin and weld 30 bucks or so if you have the break already. 

If you’re close to Steve at Monmouth I think he does pinning for a great price.  Reach out to him. 

3 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

I don’t need anything pinned because it’s SBR going to FL. It is a little steep because I’m not doing those things.  Assembling an AR is really not difficult at all. And I’ve done many   I was just being lazy because I’ve been working and traveling so much it could end up sitting for months before I get to it.  

You can assemble it yourself and take it to someone to pin and weld 30 bucks or so if you have the break already. 

If you’re close to Steve at Monmouth I think he does pinning for a great price.  Reach out to him. 

Gotcha lol. Made me nervous for a sec that im gettin ahead of myself.

Gotta stretch out my wings sooner or later. Im extremely handy, tbh, but given the extremely small margin of error in a firearm i try not to test my luck. Lucky you with your friggin SBRs. Enjoy the freedom.

*Update for NJ Purchasers*:

Just spoke to LaRue and it is MANDATORY that you purchase the illegal Brake. It's part of the package deal. They basically said to just sell it on eBay and buy a different brake.

1 hour ago, Lambo2936 said:

Just spoke to LaRue and it is MANDATORY that you purchase the illegal Brake. It's part of the package deal. They basically said to just sell it on eBay and buy a different brake.

That's fine. Tell them not to pin or weld it. Should have clarified that with them...

1 minute ago, bhunted said:

That's fine. Tell them not to pin or weld it. Should have clarified that with them...

They don't. They said it will come on the side in a little pouch so long as you order it as unassembled.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

Gotcha lol. Made me nervous for a sec that im gettin ahead of myself.

Gotta stretch out my wings sooner or later. Im extremely handy, tbh, but given the extremely small margin of error in a firearm i try not to test my luck. Lucky you with your friggin SBRs. Enjoy the freedom.

You're not, just make sure the gas port and the gas block are aligned with no interference.  I like to use a thread lubricant and a torque wrench on the barrel nut.  That's the only thing that really is assembled on an upper.  It really isn't that difficult.  

2 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Just use the brake and destroy the threads - good to go.  

Ill just order the kit for now. I don't think it makes sense to just destroy the brake plus itll probably look crappy. I'll probably just sell it on eBay or somethin and order a Precision Armament M4-72

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Take a dremel to the threads and smooth it out, then hit it with some gun blue.  Don't even need to do all the way around - just like the bottom.  

Didnt even think about that. That'd probably do the trick. If i can't sell the brake quickly ill probably just do that and save myself the headache, but for the 15$ in eBay fees and shipping if i CAN sell it i probably will in favor of another brake. There's better performers out there, i believe.

F*** me i just ordered one. I'm so excited i may have tinkled a bit. Finally gettin that black 14.5" i wanted (uhhh).
Ill have to sell off some extra sights for whatever i can get for em so i don't go bankrupt, though, cause i just bought a VP9 on gunbroker like 3 days ago too... FML... Anyone interested in an ACOG or somethin??:lol:

• Like 2

F*** me i just ordered one. I'm so excited i may have tinkled a bit. Finally gettin that black 14.5" i wanted (uhhh).
Ill have to sell off some extra sights for whatever i can get for em so i don't go bankrupt, though, cause i just bought a VP9 on gunbroker like 3 days ago too... FML... Anyone interested in an ACOG or somethin??:lol:

You are too much. Lol...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, bhunted said:

You are too much. Lol...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I have Zero control. I'll regret it at some point later on but TBH this is a steal so i'm not too worried about it, haha. I bought 2 ACOGs last week, too, for dirt cheap.. gona have to make some space and get some $$ back in my pocket, or no more lunchables for the toddler LOL

You remind me of my ex wife. "Oh! Its on sale. We really don't need it but for $200 on sale for $150, its a steal." "We'll save $50 bux!" Forget the fact that we'd save $150 and not buy it at all.

I have more than enough ARs now and while I think it is a great deal, I really don't need it. I'd rather buy something I really want.
[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2