Heavyopp

Aimpoint Pro -- $371.45 to your door

LA Police gear has a 15% off everything sale ending midnight 8/1/17

Aimpoint pro is regularly $437.00

Promo Code:Pushed15 removes 15% = $65.55 -- Also free UPS ground shipping

Brings total to $371.45 for a new Aimpoint pro to your door --  I just bought another,,,

http://www.lapolicegear.com/aim-12841-pro-optic.html

• Like 2

I just "pulled the trigger" on mine, I hope it comes soon! I assume it comes with a battery? I saw a review on it last night and the consensus is to zero it for 50 yards. Is that what you guys did.

Screwball, I only really care what you guys think about this stuff, I don't trust anything on Youtube anymore ever since I got burned buying other stuff. 

1 hour ago, dino71 said:

I just "pulled the trigger" on mine, I hope it comes soon! I assume it comes with a battery? I saw a review on it last night and the consensus is to zero it for 50 yards. Is that what you guys did.

Screwball, I only really care what you guys think about this stuff, I don't trust anything on Youtube anymore ever since I got burned buying other stuff. 

No batteries, no caps and no mount for that price....

Seriously, how long have you been here and how long has the Aimpoint Pro got nothing but stellar reviews?

Aimpoint is great stuff without a doubt. RIF....;):rolleyes:

50 yard zero gives you POI within 2.5" of the dot from 0 to about 250 yards. There are benefits of other zeros, so something that you need to research and see what works best for your needs.

Aimpoints come with a battery. Think most common brands supply a battery (SIG does, for example).

In regards to the second part, that is nice and all... but you should never just take one source of info. I say YouTube, because you can search and get 15 different reviews on it. Usually the more trusted ones are higher rated. While some are paid, you do get a couple that are honest. And definitely look into comments. Just one source of information...

Forums are another... and not just this one. There are wealths of info on forums like AR15.com, M4Carbine.net, and a few others. While I do trust people on NJGF, I also trust people out of state. Do you get some people that talk out of their rear ends? Yea, but have to wade through the BS and find the truth... usually not hard when you research multiple sources.
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, bhunted said:

No batteries, no caps and no mount for that price....

Yes batteries, Yes caps, Yes to a mount too --  The aimpoint pro comes with everything you need to mount it and shoot it

The mount with the pro is decent --  It's no larue or bobro but it does the job well -- It's not exactly what would be called a quick detach but no tools needed and it's quick enough

I haven't confirmed but many guys say it returns to zero just fine after removal also -- As long as you put it in the exact same place on the rail

Yes batteries, Yes caps, Yes to a mount too --  The aimpoint pro comes with everything you need to mount it and shoot it
The mount with the pro is decent --  It's no larue or bobro but it does the job well -- It's not exactly what would be called a quick detach but no tools needed and it's quick enough
 I haven't confirmed but many guys say it returns to zero just fine after removal also -- As long as you put it in the exact same place on the rail

Geeze. I was being sarcastic. Of course it does.
I have several Aimpoints. Nothing but good stuff.[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Also, push mount forward when locking it down, to try and get the zero close (do it every time, to reduce differences that the mount is facing when reattached). It will wander (don't care what the manufacturer says, way to keep the zero is not to pull the optic off)... but the only reason I'd pull an Aimpoint off my gun would be if the lens cracked. Battery dies, irons are visible right through the optic.

The knob on the Aimpoint mount is a little large, but I don't have an issue. I have a LaRue mount on my magnifier, which is nicer for removing/installing... but was because I hated the twist mount (and I can use the LaRue mounted magnifier on all three rifles, since they are all the same height).

I use blue loctite on everything on my rifles and holsters. 
I also take a paint pen and make witness marks so I can quickly tell visually if something has started to work it's way loose.
I have seen way to many failures from people that haven't.

Same here... any bolt related to optics gets done. Didn't do the knob on the Aimpoint mount, since it has a tension feature built in.

I believe the screws on the mount/riser have Loctite on them, from the factory.

Recoil will loosen screws. Don't care how tight you go. Loctite and torque wrench should be in everyone's toolbox.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, High Exposure said:

I use blue loctite on everything on my rifles and holsters. 

I also take a paint pen and make witness marks so I can quickly tell visually if something has started to work it's way loose.

I have seen way to many failures from people that haven't.

Thanks High Exposure, that is something definitely worth considering.