wadezky

9mm Carbine vs Shotgun vs AR......help me pick!

12 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Yanno, something else to consider.  You don't need a 12Ga to have a decent HD gun.  20Ga will get the job done too.  May be more manageable for the wifey too.

There are fewer HD/tactical versions available in 20Ga though. I've been researching them for awhile. 

8 hours ago, SW9racer said:

It's the one rifle that won't make you cry after a dozen mag dumps in a row! Loads of fun, and you can outfit it with inexpensive knock-offs of all the tacti-cool looking stuff

A couple weeks ago I did some mag dumps in a 11.3” suppressed Wilson Combat 5.56.  I did cry, tears of joy :)  

21 hours ago, wadezky said:

Figured the AR would be best but I dont get the fun of being able to shoot it at any range.  Thats why the 9mm Carbine is so appealing to me.  I have tons of 9mm ammo and I can shoot it anywhere.

I can do either pump or semi auto shotgun, was thinking my wife may have trouble racking it so I mentioned it.  I'd be quite ok with a pump.

With regard to your wife. Racking a pump may be easier than pulling the slide back on a semi auto.  Have her try both if possible. I have both in 20ga. I have a youth Mossberg 20ga and a Remington 11-87 in 20ga with 21" barrel. Not sure of location but welcome to handle/try both. I'm in 08053. 

Nick

I stopped by RTSP the other day on my lunch break and they actually have an NJ compliant version of the Sig MPX on the rack. I just took a quick look at it over the counter and it seems like they found a brake that replaces the flash hider and gets the barrel to 16". The store was busy so I didn't have a chance to look at it up close but it would be a nice option if you want 9mm carbine and AR type controls.

I just looked on their website and it looks like they've got two in stock as of the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, medved11 said:

I stopped by RTSP the other day on my lunch break and they actually have an NJ compliant version of the Sig MPX on the rack. I just took a quick look at it over the counter and it seems like they found a brake that replaces the flash hider and gets the barrel to 16". The store was busy so I didn't have a chance to look at it up close but it would be a nice option if you want 9mm carbine and AR type controls.

I just looked on their website and it looks like they've got two in stock as of the moment.

Is it an MCX?

1 hour ago, medved11 said:

Nope- it's an MPX...

http://store.rtsponline.com/sigsauer-sig-sauer-mpx-9mm-16-inch-carbine-nj-comp.html

MPX-C I wonder if it replaces the MCX label?

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

The C after the dash is for "Compliant" - it's the model designed for states like NJ and CA.

The C and P in the name - MCX and MPX - designate Carbine or Pistol caliber.

Thanks for clarifying.