45Doll

Brady Campaign Leads Couple To Bankruptcy

I'm sure many of us are aware of the Protection of Lawful Commerce In Arms Act from 2005. That law was to preclude mass lawsuits trying to hold manufacturers and FFLs responsible for criminal acts committed with products made or sold by them, with the intention of bankrupting the industry.

This article describes how the Brady Campaign mislead a couple whose daughter was killed in the Aurora theater shooting. They encouraged the couple to file a lawsuit knowing full well that the federal law should preclude success. The couple basically sold everything they had to file the suit and travel around the country touting gun control.

I'm really surprised that the couple's lawyers didn't clue them in on this. Of course since they lost I assume they didn't get paid. And the couple had to pay the opponent's legal fees.

• Like 1

Here we go:

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2015/04/well-this-sheds-new-light-on-things.html

…The Phillips were not just grieving parents when they brought suit against Lucky Gunner, Sportsman’s Guide, and the other defendants. They were paid employees of the Brady Campaign!…”

Lonnie+P.jpg

H/T to DirtyDigz!  FWIW the story, which broke on Facebook (no surprise there :) ), also said that the Gun Shop owners' lawyers were supposed to be paid by the Phillips and "they haven't received a dime" even though there's a Court Order to do so....

On 8/2/2017 at 1:14 PM, DirtyDigz said:

One thing I never noticed before - Looking at the LinkedIn screenshot and reading the duties Lonnie performed for Brady, one listed is

"led the department in adding names of gun owners to database"

I need to know where this database is.  Ridiculous 

Sorry but i don't feel bad for people who knew they were bringing a Bullshit lawsuit on a company that followed the law.

They tried to hurt lucky gunner by suing them.. Luckly gunner fought back, No reason lucky gunner would be out of pocket one penny.  If this happened more often it would stop these BS suits from trying to destroy companies that only broke one rule... Selling a product you dont like.

• Like 3