Gunnz

Reassembling p320

So I bought a p320 compact rx , and finally brought it home last night.

I have over 20 handguns, and have never had problems breaking down or putting a pistol back together.

I have read online that some p320 are hard to take down (lever is very tight based on the guide rods position), and this was true for me.

The real issue for me is putting the slide back on.  For some reason, the slide will not go on in one fluid motion like my other polymer pistols (glock and m&ps).  It's like the barrel lug is getting caught up on the take down lever. 

After a little manipulation, the slide will lock back and the take down lever can be turned.

anyone else have this problem? Wonder if something is wrong.

going to try to hit the range this afternoon if my kids let me go!

Are you having issues after simply removing the slide, or after removing the FCU (and takedown lever)? My P320C had a very tight takedown lever initially. After some breaking in it's at a much better level. I've had some issues similar to yours if the takedown lever wasn't in the proper position when I went to put the slide back on. Make sure it's all the way pushed in, and rotated clockwise as far as it will go before putting the slide back on.

I went to the range today and put 200 rounds through it (no malfunctions) 

the take down lever is tight, but works as intended (it's just tight) the issue is putting the slide back on the frame.

It slides on the first set of rails correctly, and it gets to the second set of rails in the rear of the FCU, and then the slide gets stuck.(it's like hitting a road block) After I back the slide back out a cm or so, and try again, the slide goes all the way to the rear, and I am able to lock the slide back. 

Wish I knew how to upload a picture to show the problem.

I just know with my other polymers and my other sigs, the slide goes back on in one fluid motion.