blksheep

Sig P320 issues...

". . . so in this video we drop test, at many angles, a Glock 17 Gen 2, Glock 17 Gen 3 modified by Zev, Glock 22 Gen 4, Glock 43, Heckler & Koch VP9, HK VP9SK, Polymer80 PF940C Glock kit with all stock Glock parts, Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0, S&W M&P 45, and a Springfield TRP Operator 1911.

None of these firearms caused a primed case to discharge."

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/blog/sig-sauer-p320-drop-test-follow-video/

29 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

". . . so in this video we drop test, at many angles, a Glock 17 Gen 2, Glock 17 Gen 3 modified by Zev, Glock 22 Gen 4, Glock 43, Heckler & Koch VP9, HK VP9SK, Polymer80 PF940C Glock kit with all stock Glock parts, Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0, S&W M&P 45, and a Springfield TRP Operator 1911.

None of these firearms caused a primed case to discharge."

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/blog/sig-sauer-p320-drop-test-follow-video/

Need sig 320 drop vid for accuracy in your debate.

jus sayen 

Here we have a new Syfy called Glocknado....
5ad2bcb27c5edbac0cca15870d6309c0.jpg
Look at those teeth!

Here is one that landed on a rubber tire.
00cff66658ee760bbd159ee70b2b87b4.jpg

Whoa! Another Syfy. When will it end?
Here we have a 40 ' Glockaconda. Imagine your ribs breaking as it crushes you.
b366554b5218c1a948a97d139c199736.jpg

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji481][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Is that top pic a Glockasaurus Rex ?
Thought they were extinct.....lol
  • Like 1

Is that top pic a Glockasaurus Rex ?Thought they were extinct.....lol

Guess you are not a Sharknado fan hey? [emoji6]

Hmmmm. Rick gave you a like for your Rex reference but no likes of my comical comparisons. [emoji848]

Guess we are not.....[emoji20]

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Good! Was just going to get my hammer out and start beating them into submission.emoji23.png

Don't do it!!!!!! There's a recall or fix or sumtin 

1 minute ago, bhunted said:

Guess you are not a Sharknado fan hey? emoji6.png

There's like 7 of them

8 hours ago, High Exposure said:

I think it matters.

It matters when a neighboring agency is planing on buying Sigs.

It matters when teammates are planing on buying one and using it for work.

It matters when my officers show up at the range with one to qualify as an off duty gun.

It matters if a brother or sister forum member gets injured because they accidentally drop their new Sig.

Replace Sig with Glock and your making the argument that cops made 30 years ago.  

Stop with this drama, we get it.  You drank the Glock kool-aide.   I drank the Beretta kool-aide and it was delicious.

The details are available for the "upgrade" program.

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade-program/

New trigger, sear and striker, as well as a mechanical disconnector at no cost to the owner. Unfortunately, you need to send the gun in to Sig (although, they're paying shipping both ways) so P320 owners might be without their firearms for a while.

There's a good chance that I'll send in my P320 compact ASAP just to get it done, especially since I envisioned this gun as my carry gun when I get around to getting my FL and/or UT carry permits (or leave this hell hole for good, God willing).

Edit: I just registered, and according to Sig, it will be a few weeks before they start accepting pistols for this. They won't even be sending emails with shipping labels until they're tooled up and ready to start doing the work.

Its good on Sig to address the issue, as its happening. While I'm actually starting to shift away from striker-fire pistols as a whole for my purposes (CCW), I'm with HE 100%. IMO, it shouldn't matter what you do-- the pistol is defective. And that defect is dangerous, bottom line. The only people who are making it a pissing contest are the ones wanting to. Everything else is just facts.

• Like 1

This thread is like a test to spot people with poor decision making skills, and wouldn't you know it .. the usual suspects come out of the woodwork. 

I knew there was a reason I set your posts to ignore. I see no ignorance here. Just friendly banter.

OK, back to being blocked. My BP is up enough lately. Carry on troops...

Ok....keep-calm-its-just-friendly-banter.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vlad G said:

This thread is like a test to spot people with poor decision making skills, and wouldn't you know it .. the usual suspects come out of the woodwork. 

Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Replace Sig with Glock and your making the argument that cops made 30 years ago.  

Stop with this drama, we get it.  You drank the Glock kool-aide.   I drank the Beretta kool-aide and it was delicious.

I disagree with you on this Ray.

The Glock issues were unfounded.  The Sig firing when dropped is more like being rear ended in a Pinto.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

I disagree with you on this Ray.

The Glock issues were unfounded.  The Sig firing when dropped is more like being rear ended in a Pinto.

Valid point @GRIZ, but no gun company releases a perfect gun.  Glocks had issue, as well as everyone else.  

My only issue is that people think the handgun market reached its climax when the Glock 17 was released.  

If the Glock 17 was released now, the plastic sights, weird grip angle, bad trigger and unwanted finger grooves would put it on the backburner of most gunshops.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Valid point @GRIZ, but no gun company releases a perfect gun.  Glocks had issue, as well as everyone else.  

My only issue is that people think the handgun market reached its climax when the Glock 17 was released.  

If the Glock 17 was released now, the plastic sights, weird grip angle, bad trigger and unwanted finger grooves would put it on the backburner of most gunshops.

The big difference between how Glock and other manufacturers handled their issues is they acknowledged them and fixed them.  Many times the manufacturer discovered the issue and sent out fixes right away.  Sig denied them and still is calling it an "upgrade" not a recall.

Glock did change a lot of ways guns were made.  People thought Stoner was crazy using aluminum in a battle rifle.

I've shot Glocks for over 30 years and carried them for over 20.  I think the 19 is the best all around 9mm out there.  Does that make me a fanboy?  I think not. What was I carrying between shooting Glocks and carrying them regularly? S&Ws, Rugers, Walthers, and...OMG...Taurus.  Some would say I should be dead already because I even thought of carrying a Taurus for serious social work.

I don't think any gun is the end of all ends.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

The big difference between how Glock and other manufacturers handled their issues is they acknowledged them and fixed them.  Many times the manufacturer discovered the issue and sent out fixes right away.  Sig denied them and still is calling it an "upgrade" not a recall.

Glock did change a lot of ways guns were made.  People thought Stoner was crazy using aluminum in a battle rifle.

I've shot Glocks for over 30 years and carried them for over 20.  I think the 19 is the best all around 9mm out there.  Does that make me a fanboy?  I think not. What was I carrying between shooting Glocks and carrying them regularly? S&Ws, Rugers, Walthers, and...OMG...Taurus.  Some would say I should be dead already because I even thought of carrying a Taurus for serious social work.

I don't think any gun is the end of all ends.

Your coming at this with reason and logic others just repeat the same shit you hear all day in the internet. 

Yes, Sig effed up.  And I also don't like how they are handling it.  I also feel bad because I had a friend test out a bunch of 9mm guns and he picked the P320.  So this sucks all around. But this should get fixed. 

• Like 1

I went to register mine for the update last night and I couldn't because I bought it through the APP programme. I have to wait for them to come up with another process. I'm hoping that because the APP programme is primarily aimed at military, LEO and other first responders the overall process will be quicker.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How does a recall like this work in NJ?
You need a new pistol permit to get the gun back?
No. For repairs you are allowed to send the gun directly to the manufacturer and receive it back directly too. You just can't use USPS as that is only allowed for FFLs. UPS and FedEx are ok.

Sig day that they are paying for the shipping both ways so it will be whoever they choose.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sign up for the UPS and FedEx delivery services... which is free. UPS can send you an email when something is supposed to be coming to your residence, but both easily allow you to hold the shipment at a hub, if you desire. Only costs money if you change the delivery location... which probably wouldn't be allowed with a returned firearm (depends how SIG sends it).

If I'm working and nobody will be home, I do that on certain items, and pickup on my way home.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2017 at 1:34 AM, My1stGlock said:

Just saw this upgrade video detailing what's been changed. If its a dupe my bad.

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade/#video

So after all that time, if I'm buying a new P320 from a dealer, which of the following I should expect:

• I still have to send it to Sig for the updates?
  • It would have been updated while in the dealer inventory (sent back by the dealer)?
  • The update has already been incorporated in production after they have been done with all the recall?

12 hours ago, Sam1 said:

So after all that time, if I'm buying a new P320 from a dealer, which of the following I should expect:

• I still have to send it to Sig for the updates?
  • It would have been updated while in the dealer inventory (sent back by the dealer)?
  • The update has already been incorporated in production after they have been done with all the recall?

Because it is voluntary, it would depend on dealer stock at the time of purchase.  Your choice to buy or not. Easy to tell if it was done trigger is different.