blksheep

Sig P320 issues...

Haven't you seen the new camo patterns for this year?
7faacc38cb51ee2155e9e71f41240f3c.jpg
Seriously tho I mean I like their stuff, they actually make great clothes but they are $$$. I wouldn't think the army would have a hipster brand making clothes

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

Too bad Danner boats are made in China.  Not sure about Bates. 

Some Danner are imported. I don't see a country of origin on the website. I'd guess China. Their high end stuff is made in the USA. My Bates are Chinese. The ones made in the US are combat boots. Unfortunately I need a pair with a toe that can be polished. 

Yes, Marine Corps cammies are made by American Apparel, and the Danners you are issued are made in USA, same with Bates. bbfce1dc154023617be2665b89d1c8f9.jpg

1f467617b33562b82024e1c3c3b2b70a.jpg

The Danner combat boots cost $220 at the PX they damn well better be made in the US.

Both pairs of my combat boots were made in USA, I also have a pair of tactical shoes that I bought years ago they no longer make, also made in USA

1 minute ago, JR88USMC said:

Both pairs of my combat boots were made in USA, I also have a pair of tactical shoes that I bought years ago they no longer make, also made in USA

I'm actually happy that the boots worn by our boys in uniform are American made.   I was originally upset when i saw the Asian made print.

I'm actually happy that the boots worn by our boys in uniform are American made.   I was originally upset when i saw the Asian made print.

What makes me happier is Magpul now has the DoD-wide contract for magazines & other accessories. When I was deployed in 2011 we tested a lot of products for them but we were issued P-Mag knockoffs made in china. If you wanted real P-mags you had to buy them & aluminum GI mags weren’t used in afghanistan.

1 hour ago, JR88USMC said:

What makes me happier is Magpul now has the DoD-wide contract for magazines & other accessories. When I was deployed in 2011 we tested a lot of products for them but we were issued P-Mag knockoffs made in china. If you wanted real P-mags you had to buy them & aluminum GI mags weren’t used in afghanistan.

Funny, at Fort Bragg at the exchange (We used to call it that) they had a whole section devoted to Magpul.  Good to see

yeah the PX & Cash sales on most Marine Corps bases have a whole section dedicated to Magpul parts and accessories. P-Mags were the way to go. Too many times with GI mags where they would jam or double feed because they'd have been in circulation for so long the springs were messed up. The only advantage they had over P-Mags was you could fit 2-3 mags in a mag pouch where as a P-Mag you can only fit one

5 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Berry Amendment

This is interesting upon further study. I was under the impression that “ everything “ military was “must “in house.

this says  “ preferred “ in house.

Am I remiss that armament is not “ must” in house?

6 hours ago, JR88USMC said:

side note...my son was there in '11 too. Helmand P.

On 1/31/2018 at 0:37 PM, JR88USMC said:

Sadly when you manufacture mass quantities or anything, quality control isn’t going to be the best.

:blink: I work as an engineer in a manufacturing environment, and I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. Mass manufacturing processes have increased product reliability across the board, all while increasing production output and driving prices lower. There's a reason why a modern vehicle that was assembled by robots tends to last much longer, with lower relative maintenance costs, than a vehicle that was assembled by hand. With regard to guns, I would venture that modern, mass-produced firearms are, on average, more reliable and last longer than anything used in WWI or WWII. Any issue the M17s are having are most likely due to design flaws, or not having robust manufacturing processes in place. The shoddy execution of mass manufacturing is the likely issue, not mass manufacturing in general. Any company that strives for 6-sigma quality levels isn't making anything by hand, and makes millions (or more) of units of their product per year.

On a different note, I've shot 1200+ rounds through my P320 without an issue yet, but I tend not to drop it in mud and keep it clean/lubed, so my abuse level is rather low. :p

1 minute ago, Persona non grata said:

The shoddy execution of mass manufacturing is the likely issue, not mass manufacturing in general. Any company that strives for 6-sigma quality levels isn't making anything by hand, and makes millions (or more) of units of their product per year.

That's not all to different from what I was saying. According to sources the Army had ordered 280,000 pistols from Sig, another 7,000 in sub compact size, the DoD may be ordering 500k total & other military services may be ordering an additional 212k (this is per an article dated to last january, it may have been done). Either way that is a lot of weapons to be manufactured and the execution may not have been great. 

I have a friend who works as a manufacturing work-study supervisor at a college local to Portsmouth and Sig is one of the companies they place students at, he knows what happened but signed a confidentiality agreement that he can't speak about it.

Sig's official press release was that the Army is abusing these pistols more than they should be, which is what I was thinking is why are soldiers dropping their weapons so much? If that were Marines dropping their pistols that much they would probably rather get shot than have to deal with their chain of command for dropping a weapon.