blksheep

Sig P320 issues...

OK, so more news. OMaha outdoors is pulling sales of the 320 becuase they drop tested 4 and found 3 would fire when dropped. 

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/08/daniel-zimmerman/breaking-omaha-outdoors-halts-sales-of-sig-sauer-p320-pistols-following-drop-testing/

Oh wait. 3 of the 4 were torture tested. Yeah.. the 3 that would go off when dropped in a very specific manner. 

Also the one that didn't go off had a different trigger shoe that's lighter. Also nobody addressed the fact that there are 3 different factory triggers yet. "standard" which is no longer sold, "adverse conditions" which used to be optional, but now ships on all of them, and the flat trigger. 

Also of note, they all passed the saami and CA DOJ tests. The failed test combines the height of the ANSI/SAAMI test and the hard surface of the CA DOJ test and changes the angle form both. 

IT looks like the truth about guns is ordering their own and plans to try to actually do some testing right. 

At this point, absolute worst case is sig has to put some speed holes in the fat trigger bars. 

1 hour ago, Matroskin said:

What I'm surprised is that commercial/military tests do not include vertical drop tests performed in the video.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The military tests might. It wouldn't likely cause an issue with SIGs offering for the military contract as that mandataes a thumb safety. Which, unless implemented really oddly, would negate this issue as it would physically impede the motion of at least one item involved in this. 

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I know, it's lonely at the top. I think @bhunted has a valid point with fake news. But I also know how gubment works....

I think Glock and S&W are behind this.  Jealousy is a motha effa.

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Beretta has the most probable... but you're a b fan

True, but everyone assumed it was going to be S&W or Glock.  But here comes the latest polymer wonder 9 and ruined their wet dream.

3 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

True, but everyone assumed it was going to be S&W or Glock.  But here comes the latest polymer wonder 9 and ruined their wet dream.

Apx is modular also...

4 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Apx is modular also

I wonder if anyone has done the same test on other striker 9's? I would love to see competitors tested in the same way. Maybe Sig will be releasing tabbed safety triggers? They apparently designed them, but doesn't seem they put them on many guns.

4 hours ago, mattm754 said:

I wonder if anyone has done the same test on other striker 9's? I would love to see competitors tested in the same way. Maybe Sig will be releasing tabbed safety triggers? They apparently designed them, but doesn't seem they put them on many guns.

Glocks and M&P's definitely don't do that.  The trigger safeties help prevent that as well as firing pin blocks, etc.

Hammer fired guns can fire like that if the hammer is hit properly... 

1 hour ago, Parker said:

So when dropped, the weight of the trigger overcomes the trigger bar spring, the safety lever spring and the striker safety spring? Wild stuff! 

Sig-P320-internal-safety.png

No I doubt that. I suspect the weight of the trigger and trigger bar imparts enough inertia to overcome the drop safety and the inertia on the -pre-loaded striker pulls it off of the sear. The latter wouldn't be a problem if the drop safety remained in place. 

We'll see what the replacement looks like. 

It may not even be a new trigger part, it may just be heavier springs in some place, which will make the trigger pull worse. 

55 minutes ago, Vlad G said:

So Gaston and Miculek  creeped inside the Sig buildings and change the design notes in the middle of the night or are you going to now withdraw your slander?

I will NOT!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/08/p320-failed-without-even-dropping-no-plans-test/

This was nice...

I do hope that this is fixed in the military pistols, as even though it is an unlikely chance of it occurring, if tax payer money is going to SIG... I want our military to have the best pistol possible.

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/08/p320-failed-without-even-dropping-no-plans-test/

This was nice...

I do hope that this is fixed in the military pistols, as even though it is an unlikely chance of it occurring, if tax payer money is going to SIG... I want our military to have the best pistol possible.

WTF? :wacko: Maybe I'll leave the P320 at home the next time I go to the range. Hopefully my VP9 is better than that.

Now I'm starting to get angry with Sig. How exactly did this gun pass the drop tests if you can make it go off with a gunsmith's hammer? :mad: